corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ever been burgled?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ever been burgled?
kz

User status: Offline
20th Jul 14 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a phone call from my girlfriend yesterday that her house had been broken into... got there as soon as I could and it wasn't a nice scene! Massive boulder thrown through the patio glass (it was double glazed) and no drawer in the house went unturned. They got away with lots of jewellery and a laptop, although it was stranger the stuff they left tbh. Was there until almost midnight getting locks changed (they'd taken a spare set including the car key) and getting the door boarded up. Police came to dust for prints etc. but I have no hope for that, something similar happened to my gran years ago and nothing came of it. Worst thing is she's a very paranoid girl anyway with all this kind of thing so it's really going to make it worse for her!

Only thing that ever happened to me personally was someone put a brick through my 206 GTi's window... and they didn't even nick anything anyway!

Which kind of made it more annoying lol as I had Oakley's in there, a bottle of brandy and my stereo. If you're going to smash a window at least have the common decency to steal something so there was actually a reason for it!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

20th Jul 14 at 16:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had 1 in my house on NYE they tried to steal the oldest laptop in the house but must have been disturbed by the alarm because the laptop was dropped inside the house near the front door.

I left my car open one night and someone routed through the glove box but didnt take anything. had nearly £1k of stereo equipment in the car
JordyCarter

20th Jul 14 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never... left my car open by accident loads of times on a night aswel. Got a camera on the side of the house so maybe that puts people off?

However loads of annoying shit has happened to my car outside my house. Egged, Milkshaked and wing mirrors taken off... about three times

[Edited on 20-07-2014 by JordyCarter]
johnny86
Premium Member

20th Jul 14 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah got broke into when I was with my ex. Kicked front door broke frame. Took 2 X tvs and a ps3 never had house insurance cost more for a door than the items taken.
Conway563

20th Jul 14 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My garage (and a few neighbours/people in next streets) got broken into about 18 months ago
Left all tools, bikes and car bits but took some shitty old golf clubs worth less than £100
Jimbothebarbarian

20th Jul 14 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had my unit robbed, all my tools, power tools, welders etc etc.

Bit gutted, rozzers didn't even come out ffs took a statement over the phone! Later found out they put the value at something stupid like £30-£40. Which meant they didn't have to do anything....

One of my many reasons for loving the police
Simon_16v

20th Jul 14 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JordyCarter
never... left my car open by accident loads of times on a night aswel. Got a camera on the side of the house so maybe that puts people off?

However loads of annoying shit has happened to my car outside my house. Egged, Milkshaked and wing mirrors taken off... about three times

[Edited on 20-07-2014 by JordyCarter]

You need a camera on the side of the house in Boro
GB123
Premium Member

20th Jul 14 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I was about 10, smashed through the front door during the day when everyone was at work.

Used a pillow case from the bed to fill up with stuff.
whitter45

20th Jul 14 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes had both cars taken from our drive

Left watches laptops etc and went straight for the keys

Woke up in the morning to an empty drive

Sorry to hear of your experience by the way hope it all gets sorted

[Edited on 20-07-2014 by whitter45]
Generation

20th Jul 14 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gf's house got broken into about 6/7 years ago. She was due to go in holiday with her family, everybody was out just getting last minute things.

They had all holiday money on side with passports etc.

They left with a computer monitor and a jar full of coppers. Left all the other stuff :/
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

20th Jul 14 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Gf's house got broken into about 6/7 years ago. She was due to go in holiday with her family, everybody was out just getting last minute things.

They had all holiday money on side with passports etc.

They left with a computer monitor and a jar full of coppers. Left all the other stuff :/

Lee_fr200

20th Jul 14 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had our unit broken into and bikes and tools stolen, had my car broken into twice and our van broken into, not a nice feeling at all
Welly Wanger

21st Jul 14 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I heard my garage door get ripped open one night while in bed, quick look out of the window and three of them. whipped my under crackers on and grabbed my bat and took chase of the little cunts through my village bare foot in only my under crackers. Years before woke up and my my garage door is open and my crosser is laid on the floor, luckily it was heavily chained. Last week I had my moto stolen in Cambodia while in my room, days before I agreed a sale on my guest house and the word got around the village and had visits from people for three nights.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ever been burgled? 23 database queries in 0.0195291 seconds