corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » WooCommerce help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author WooCommerce help
Rob B

User status: Offline
31st Jul 14 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me why my website when searching for example:

Bilstein B4 Ep3 on google, shows up links to other products on my website and not the page displaying Bilstein B4 EP3 Shocks?

Is it because I only created the pages 18 hours ago and the other pages have been there longer?
Bart

31st Jul 14 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is your website?

Google will look for the most relevant pages containing those search terms, so if your other products have links or text containing "Bilstein B4 Ep3" then they are just as likely to get picked up.

Another thing you can do to help is to display permalinks as post name and not default if you haven't already.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Aug 14 at 06:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B

Is it because I only created the pages 18 hours ago and the other pages have been there longer?

Probably
Balling
Premium Member

1st Aug 14 at 07:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Steve says, you'll need to have been lucky for Google to index the page within 18 hours.

Give it a few days.

Balling
Premium Member

1st Aug 14 at 07:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But I'd be worried about your SEO if Google finds results unrelated to the search.

Bart

1st Aug 14 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IIRC you can export from wooconmerce (or you can use a seperate plugin) to export your list of products and then import that file into a Google shopping page for free to get your products listed in the shopping section of google. That will obviously have a big impact
Whittie

2nd Aug 14 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bart, Google shopping hasn't been free for a good 12 months. It's expensive too.

You're right about exporting products, you can do this, and import them into a 'Merchent' feed.
Bart

2nd Aug 14 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Bart, Google shopping hasn't been free for a good 12 months. It's expensive too.

You're right about exporting products, you can do this, and import them into a 'Merchent' feed.

Ah didn't realise this.
I had exported a few years back and haven't been involved with it since then.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » WooCommerce help 26 database queries in 0.0132010 seconds