corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Parking ticket

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Parking ticket
gooner_47

User status: Offline
7th Aug 14 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parked up in the first space near the end of a side road. Got out, looked at the sign and at the bottom it was pointing back towards the main road for the ticket machine.

Looked up and down the road, no sign of a machine that I could see. Weird :/ walked out onto the main road to investigate, couldn't see anything there. Walked back round the corner to my car and the ticket was being printed by a guy on a moped.

Turns out the machine was further down the road, but at the time I looked it was obscured by bus drivers waiting outside the garage on the other side of the road.

Worth claiming against this? I have pictures of my car with the sign pointing in the wrong direction, and people standing near the machine (by the time I took them they'd moved out of the way).

Generation

7th Aug 14 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, I'd claim.

I thought there was a rule, about waiting a certain amount of time before ticketing
Generation

7th Aug 14 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like the sign has been turned around, which is why it's facing the wrong way?
ed

7th Aug 14 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guessing it's a council issued ticket - it's worth putting in an appeal as they have a proper process for this. Sounds like you have grounds for getting let off.
nathy_87

7th Aug 14 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had this come through e-mail from moneysupermarket:

quote:
We don't bow to threats - DON'T PAY UNFAIR PRIVATE PARKING TICKETS
Private parking firms' lawyers are trying to shut us up, to stop us helping you. So we're shouting even louder
For 14mths a collective of parking firms - CP Plus, Debt Recovery Plus, Eurocarparks, Excel Parking, Parking Control, Parking Eye, PCN Parking, Ranger Service & Roxburghe - have had lawyers threatening us to try to make us soften, weaken & shush our guide, including stopping calling this COWBOY INDUSTRY a cowboy industry. We've refused, and today we're outing them (see MSE News), and updating our Fight Unfair Private Parking Tickets guide with even more tips. In summary...
• Private parking firms CAN'T fine you. Parking tickets from supermarkets, housing estates or other private car parks do better impressions than Rory Bremner. Some are dressed up like fines. They can even be called Parking Charge Notices to mimic council Penalty Charge Notices. Don't be fooled. THEY'RE NOT FINES, JUST INVOICES.

If a ticket's slapped on your windscreen that you think is unfair (eg, no signage, disproportionate charge), like any invoice, reply explaining why and that you won't pay (sometimes you can appeal to a trade body, there's a 45% success rate with the BPA). It may huff and puff about "hitting your credit record" or "sending bailiffs", but for that it needs the time and expense of court action. If it does push to court, if the ticket's unfair, the court will wipe it. Plus it must follow correct processes (many don't).

Here's a success story to inspire you: "I've just had a success against Parking Eye. My wife received a £100/£60 demand from them for an 18-min overstay in their free-for-two-hours car park" - TheBlade. Full help in Fight Unfair Private Parking Tickets. Our Parking Tickets Forum has many parking campaigners helping too.

PS. Private landowners DO have a right to charge for improper parking. If you get a fair ticket as you wrongly used a space, we say pay it - our guide's about helping those whose ticket is unfair or unjust, not unfairly blocking spaces.
• Unfair COUNCIL Penalty Charge Notice? You've a right to appeal. Of those appeals already turned down by the council, 50% win if they keep going to the final stage. See our full Fight Unfair Council Parking Tickets guide.
• FREE Glovebox Parking Emergency Guide. If you get an unfair parking ticket, acting correctly at the scene can hugely improve your chances of winning an appeal. So print our Free Glovebox Parking Emergency Guide.

[Edited on 07-08-2014 by nathy_87]
gooner_47

7th Aug 14 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This was council. I've appealed. We'll see what happens.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Parking ticket 23 database queries in 0.0117631 seconds