corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Recent experience of the Police - RTA

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Recent experience of the Police - RTA
fir3vip3r

User status: Offline
26th Aug 14 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesterday was also a bank holiday so will be less staff anyway.

Most road closures etc are dealt with by highways now, they have much better equipment to deal with such matters as Ian and others have already alluded to unless there was an injury they wouldn't attend. Sometimes they'll rely on other emergency services such as ambulance to keep them updated and they'll likely have a direct link to the highways agency.
John

26th Aug 14 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why on earth are there less police working on a bank holiday?
John

26th Aug 14 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, refer to the Rotheram post, police turned up at the abusers doors to remove the father trying to save his daughter. Too busy doing more important stuff my arse.
Generation

26th Aug 14 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People moan no police, then turn future potential people off the job, by constantly having a go at police and calling them names. Not surprised, then of. Purse there is a lack of funding.
Generation

26th Aug 14 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People will always rememeber the bad stuff, and only sometimes the good stuff.
Gaz

26th Aug 14 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would write in to complain. Make them explain theirselves given the fact that multiple other vechiles could have got caught up and the fact a lorry had to park on a live carriageway to protect the car/debris.

It needs police attendance IMO to enable the HA to safely close the lane to allow a safe procedure
Gaz

26th Aug 14 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And to back my point up further: https://twitter.com/nwmwaypolice/status/504336941698265089
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Aug 14 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Police experiences have been dire, all of which really left a bitter taste but I've still got respect for what they have to put up with, I suppose.

I Still think a smashed car on a motorway is worthy of Police attendance.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
deano87

27th Aug 14 at 05:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So they weren't worried if she was off her tits on alcohol or drugs? Interesting.
Steve
Premium Member

27th Aug 14 at 06:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to ask, how does one lose control of your car on a motorway like that? Puncture?
Steve
Premium Member

27th Aug 14 at 06:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least I know it's safe to commit murder on the border of North Wales
whitter45

27th Aug 14 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I have to ask, how does one lose control of your car on a motorway like that? Puncture?

I would suggest she hit a huge patch of standing water judging by the weather conditions on Monday evening and the amount of standing water on the motorway

JordyCarter

27th Aug 14 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ofcourse the police should of turned up. What about if someone hit some debris and spun out themselves? at least one police car should of been there for sure. If not at least to asses damage to the motorway. Very poor excuses from police. If my car still drove id of just fucked off and left the scene

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Recent experience of the Police - RTA 24 database queries in 0.0135610 seconds