corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Red Light Cameras

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Red Light Cameras
aspirex

User status: Offline
28th Aug 14 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey Guys,

Just a quick question here. Basically I was driving home from town this evening at around 10:30pm and I was approaching a set of traffic lights that had just hit amber, I thought that I had loads of time to get through so proceeded as usual and as I passed I saw the red light pop up, I am beginning to doubt in my mind whether or not I passed on amber or just as the light went red. I know it wasnt the best move in the world and the worry of points has certainly shaken me up since I have only been driving for 6 months.

I did not see a flash of any sort. My question is, what do the red light cameras look like (cameras to catch red light jumpers). Here are some screenshots of the crossing in question:

I know the black cameras on the lights are sensors but there was a white camera atop of a big post right next to the lights, now this looks to me to be facing well down the road so cant be a red light camera but I am still unsure, do any of you guys know what this camera is for?

I know this is a stupid thing to worry about but I do!

Cheers in advance

Brett
Premium Member

28th Aug 14 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just looks like CCTV to monitor what's going on.

Ones I've seen look like this, sometimes yellow

Generation

28th Aug 14 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll be fine
Ben G

29th Aug 14 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Brett has said, thats what they look like around here. Don't really see them tbh, everyone seems to jump lights here. Always look across before I go on green just incase.
pow
Premium Member

29th Aug 14 at 07:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll be fine. If you didn't see a flash you'll be doubley fine. I did EXACTLY the same thing last night

The tall camera is a CCTV camera
SXI - Matt

30th Aug 14 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said talk camera is CCTV far to high for monitoring the traffic at the light. They look like speeding cameras and would of seen the flash, don't worry hour self over it
VegasPhil
Premium Member

31st Aug 14 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd have noticed the flash if you got done.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Red Light Cameras 24 database queries in 0.0107729 seconds