corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Looking for some advice - EE contract

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Looking for some advice - EE contract
DC90

User status: Offline
30th Sep 14 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have been looking around on google but can't find anything clear cut, so i'll see if anybody here knows or has had a similar experience!

I moved over to EE and my new contract with them is currently 19 days old, however, i've had a "no service" problem for 7 days. This means I can't receive any texts or calls, and I can only use WIFI. I've been calling for a week and on the second call it was diagnosed as a sim card fault. I was given a choice, visiting a store (which I did and it had closed down that day), so I called back and told a sim card would be sent to me and will be with me the next day. Almost a week later I still have no sim card and no service, being told after each call that the sim card is coming "tomorrow".

Now, as i'm over 14 days I can't cancel, but 12 days into my contract I lost complete service. Do I have a leg to stand on in trying to cancel my contract or am I tied in? Not looking for money back or anything, just want the service i'm paying for
Rob_Quads

30th Sep 14 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You still have grounds to cancel. If they can't provide the service it was purchase for then you are able to cancel it I think. No signal is one of those reasons I think.
They will obviously drag it out and to cancel for this reason will probably take some time.
baza31

30th Sep 14 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried similar and it's in there t+c that signal can't be provided everywhere . To be fair to them I have been with orange /ee for 11 years now and I work all over the country . It's fairly decent signal in the majority of places . If you have an issue with your phone am sure they will sort it but I don't think you will be able to back peddle out of your contract after 14 days
Rob_Quads

1st Oct 14 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the signal clause in the t&c is more to cover general signal ie you an complain if the signal in your mates house is not good. If there is no signal in your main location then you can raise it as a reason

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/i-keep-losing-mobile-phone-signal-in-my-home-what-can-i-do

[Edited on 01-10-2014 by Rob_Quads]
Robbo

1st Oct 14 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, you don't. Go to a shop and get a SIM card if you're that bothered but its not a signal issue so you can't leave.

I would be pissed that the post version hasn't come yet but some onus is on you to resolve that too
whitter45

1st Oct 14 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it in one area i.e when at home

They removed the T-mobile masts around our area and signal dropped out when at home

They have sent me a signal box and it works perfectly now
Russ

2nd Oct 14 at 05:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
No, you don't. Go to a shop and get a SIM card if you're that bothered but its not a signal issue so you can't leave.

I would be pissed that the post version hasn't come yet but some onus is on you to resolve that too
.. How?
DC90

2nd Oct 14 at 07:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

I went to the shop they told me was open, it closed down that day. The onus is on them to deliver a service, surely? If they told me "sim
Card takes a week to come out" that would be absolutely fine. Instead, I had to keep spending time chasing them on the phone every day to be told "it's coming tomorrow" "for some reason you've requested two sim cards.........oh wait no you haven't it's an admin error" "oh we typed in your postcode wrong". Give me a fucking break, I'm paying £44 a month for this!
DC90

2nd Oct 14 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
is it in one area i.e when at home

They removed the T-mobile masts around our area and signal dropped out when at home

They have sent me a signal box and it works perfectly now

No mate, SIM card error so I don't have service at all until a replacement comes

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Looking for some advice - EE contract 23 database queries in 0.0057299 seconds