corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Orange Wednesday Coming To An End!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Orange Wednesday Coming To An End!
Tiger

User status: Offline
17th Dec 14 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As of 25th Feb next year, Orange Wednesday is no more!

I'm sure that'll hit the cinemas in the pocket as I know Wednesday is by far the busiest day of the week, though some cinemas do have a cheap Tuesday alternative.. Actually quite gutted as I do use orange Wednesday quite a lot.
Ben G

17th Dec 14 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you know anyone who works at waitrose/john Lewis, they can get you half price tickets to vue cinemas.
RichR
Premium Member

17th Dec 14 at 15:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O2 normally run a buy 1 ticket get one for 45% off
baza31

17th Dec 14 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

t cost me £30 for two tickets last week it's getting a bit steep . Rather than it been half price on a Wednesday they should just reduce tickets mon-Thursday and I am sure more people would go . I like the cinema but by time you have bought drinks at crazy prices n sweets it £40
Ben G

17th Dec 14 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All about the ''experience'' mate.

That's what the weirdo's say anyway. More fool them.

I do enjoy going to the cinemas because obviously films sound better and look better, but you have to put up with other cunts making noise, eating loudly, going to the toilet every 30 seconds and generally acting like big babies.

Not for me.
Generation

17th Dec 14 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I go to cinema quite a lot, avoid Orange wrdnesdays due to it being full of people "going for sale of going" and making lods of noise as don't GAF about film they're watching.

I don't go cinema before 10pm now, much better late at night imo
Bonney

17th Dec 14 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The last few times I have been the cinema I have been sat near the noisy eater, the people who never shut up all the way through the film, the people who block your view in front, the annoying little shits who keep knocking your seat and not forgetting the person who is up and down to the toilet every 5 minutes!

I'd rather just wait a little and watch it at home now, that way there are no disturbances or if there are you can pause it then start again where you left off!
Dom

17th Dec 14 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even though i suspect EE removing Orange Wednesday's is purely down to continuing costs and slowing uptake of new customers, i do wonder if BT sniffing around for a merger had anything to do with it.
Although EE have said they'll do other offers but i doubt they'll be anywhere near as good as Orange Wednesday
Jambo

17th Dec 14 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Empire do cheap Tuesdays near me. It's like £3 a ticket which is cheaper than Prange Wednesday! Plus it's dead because all the Orange Wednesday cunts are at home

I love the cinema, have to pick and choose your cinemas though, we are lucky enough to have most of the brands round here. Got Odeon, Empire, Vue, Showcase, Cineworld and two privately run ones. Best to pick the cinema only accessible by car (no kids) don't go at 7pm on a Friday or Wednesday because it will be packed with morons.

Pick and choose the time location and offer and you'll soon find you don't have an issue! When I went to see Hobbit the other day only downside was the smell of some guys food was making me hungry.
Jambo

17th Dec 14 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would think the reason they are stopping it is they are surely going to bin the Orange brand now?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

17th Dec 14 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
t cost me £30 for two tickets last week it's getting a bit steep . Rather than it been half price on a Wednesday they should just reduce tickets mon-Thursday and I am sure more people would go . I like the cinema but by time you have bought drinks at crazy prices n sweets it £40

dont buy sweets and drinks then. take your own
kz

17th Dec 14 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
All about the ''experience'' mate.

That's what the weirdo's say anyway. More fool them.

I do enjoy going to the cinemas because obviously films sound better and look better, but you have to put up with other cunts making noise, eating loudly, going to the toilet every 30 seconds and generally acting like big babies.

Not for me.

Yup those kind of people ruined Gravity for me, especially as it's meant to be a relatively quiet film
baza31

17th Dec 14 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
quote:
Originally posted by baza31

dont buy sweets and drinks then. take your own

Could do but can't be arsed . I know it's going to cost over odds but if I decide to go I don't care .
Dom

17th Dec 14 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I would think the reason they are stopping it is they are surely going to bin the Orange brand now?

I would have thought if that was the case, then they'd simply rebrand the deal rather than remove it completely

[Edited on 17-12-2014 by Dom]
Jambo

17th Dec 14 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Possibly. However, Orange has always been synonymous with film and proud sponsers of Bafta's etc.

All the head guy at EE cared about was the network, it was my understanding (although this is quite possibly now defunct due to the time lapse) that when I worked for them, they where going to merge both brands to become EE and sack off Orange/T-Mobile.

That was accepted as the given, though this may have changed, their rapidly decreasing retail presence and presumably customer base means they are likely to be gone soon IMO.
taylorboosh

17th Dec 14 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We are being told at work we have agreed terms the lot
John

17th Dec 14 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't wait until BT take it over and fuck it up.
Jason x
Premium Member

17th Dec 14 at 23:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No loss for me, going to the cinema was one of the worst experiences of my life (almost as bad as eating inside KFC).

Hipsters everywhere, cunts eating as loudly as humanly possible, people laughing, people whispering, people texting in front of you with massive smart phones on 100% brightness... and it's expensive.

[Edited on 17-12-2014 by Jason x]
Ben G

18th Dec 14 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully no more shitty orange adverts with that plastic faced cunt either.
pow
Premium Member

18th Dec 14 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Can't wait until BT take it over and fuck it up.
andy1868

18th Dec 14 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's an awfully pessimistic view of BT, it's not like they have previous
pow
Premium Member

18th Dec 14 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheesecake everywhere Andy
Generation

18th Dec 14 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to cinema was one of your worst life experiences? Really?

If that's true, you've got a terrible life to look forward to, much, much worse things out there
John

18th Dec 14 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to double check it wasn't one of your posts when I read it.
Dom

18th Dec 14 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I had to double check it wasn't one of your posts when I read it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Orange Wednesday Coming To An End! 23 database queries in 0.0133801 seconds