corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Visiting Paris..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Visiting Paris..
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 14 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On a more serious note.. I couldn't recommend Belgium enough, lovely place to visit for a weekend! The only real issue there are the Romanian Beggars.
Kev_GSI

23rd Dec 14 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney
Went this year for a weekend and it was an experience.

The place stinks, we stayed in the opera district which was a good walk from anywhere. Rubbish everywhere and full of ignorant people. There was a load of tramps about too some getting very aggressive with other tramps who got on their patch.

Taxis are expensive, usually they take you down all the back roads to avoid the queues and also go the long way round deliberately to bump up the fare.

Around the Eiffel Tower it is full of people selling the ornaments of the tower, just as you get rid of one another pops along, they are the worst when you are leaving the tower as its a narrow walkway so you have 10 of them stood in front of you trying to get you to buy them.

When we went it was one of the hottest days of the year, think it was +30 degrees and with there been no breeze it was really humid.

Personally I wouldn't go again, there are better places to go, but for an experience it's worth going!

I second this. I got in a taxi and said "hardrock cafe" he took me to the other side of town and back then said didnt know where it was ffs!

got in another taxi and got taken to the place the other one took us straight away. So paid a fortune for nothing!
N16K

23rd Dec 14 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kev_GSI
quote:
Originally posted by Bonney
Went this year for a weekend and it was an experience.

The place stinks, we stayed in the opera district which was a good walk from anywhere. Rubbish everywhere and full of ignorant people. There was a load of tramps about too some getting very aggressive with other tramps who got on their patch.

Taxis are expensive, usually they take you down all the back roads to avoid the queues and also go the long way round deliberately to bump up the fare.

Around the Eiffel Tower it is full of people selling the ornaments of the tower, just as you get rid of one another pops along, they are the worst when you are leaving the tower as its a narrow walkway so you have 10 of them stood in front of you trying to get you to buy them.

When we went it was one of the hottest days of the year, think it was +30 degrees and with there been no breeze it was really humid.

Personally I wouldn't go again, there are better places to go, but for an experience it's worth going!

I second this. I got in a taxi and said "hardrock cafe" he took me to the other side of town and back then said didnt know where it was ffs!

got in another taxi and got taken to the place the other one took us straight away. So paid a fortune for nothing!

the taxi drivers are cunts in Paris!
Bonney

23rd Dec 14 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We got a taxi from the Hard Rock Cafe to the Eiffel Tower and the taxi went all ways and took ages! Coming back we got on the river taxi and walked. Got another taxi the next day from notre dame back to the hotel and was took straight back which cost next no nothing!

Another thing they drive like they are on the dodgems. I'd say just go to look at how the motorcycles ride through, women sat side saddled carrying cases and even furniture!
p

7th Jan 15 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Avert! Abort! Ignore a lot of what was said
GB123
Premium Member

7th Jan 15 at 16:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only if you're a satirical cartoonist
p

7th Jan 15 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody bad, though. Not just this, a few random major incidents of people driving cars in to crowds around Christmas as well.
pow
Premium Member

7th Jan 15 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We just walked everywhere, no taxi's here
Ben G

7th Jan 15 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you in Paris now, pow?
Russ

7th Jan 15 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pow doesnt read the news

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Visiting Paris.. 23 database queries in 0.0165310 seconds