corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lost debit card question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lost debit card question
Jason x
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Jan 15 at 00:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I lost my debit card today, not sure what's happened to it think I left it in the bank when I put some cheques in.

Anyway, I cancelled my card straight away when I realised and they are sending me a new one.. My question is do I now have to change all my accounts card info when the new one comes (PayPal, direct debit for car insurance etc) or is it just linked to my bank ?

oJNAo
Premium Member

7th Jan 15 at 00:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be the same card/account number mate, only difference will be the 3 digit security code on the back and the start/expiry date
l88fty
Premium Member

7th Jan 15 at 00:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
I lost my debit card today, not sure what's happened to it think I left it in the bank when I put some cheques in.

Anyway, I cancelled my card straight away when I realised and they are sending me a new one.. My question is do I now have to change all my accounts card info when the new one comes (PayPal, direct debit for car insurance etc) or is it just linked to my bank ?

All that changes is the last 4 digits of your 16 digit card number and the other card details(expiry/CV2 code), this will only have been recorded on sites where you have your Debit Card details stored for Payments. Your account number and sort code will stay the same. PayPal normally takes money via Direct Debit when you pay for things using it, but often will have a card on your account as a backup payment and you will need to change this.

Direct Debits/Standing orders/BACS and anything linked to your current account details will not be affected, only things you pay for using your debit card online/over the phone or linked payments to your card.

[Edited on 07-01-2015 by l88fty]

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929
Jason x
Premium Member

7th Jan 15 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right, so any direct debits will be fine as they use account number/sort code rather than card number

I had a look at my PayPal and they have my account number etc set up but as you say have a card as back up (which I'm assuming is all I need to update) interestingly that's says expired 07/14 anyway.
taylorboosh

7th Jan 15 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be areet lost loads
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

7th Jan 15 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As stated most things should be ok, but I forgot to update the details on X-Box live when I lost mine which was really annoying ... check that

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
Generation

7th Jan 15 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

L88fty is correct

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lost debit card question 24 database queries in 0.0070648 seconds