corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » where do i stand? ( Car Body Shop's )

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author where do i stand? ( Car Body Shop's )
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
27th Apr 15 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also paid £80 a few years back to have a back bumper painted and the job itself was good, just slightly off colour wise but what more could he have done if he went with the paintcode.

My mate had the same guy do a full colour change on his Civic (minus engine bay) and he didn't get it back for about 3 months. Cost him £600 and fuck a duck it's a mess. From a distance it's passable, but up close its the worst ice seen. Prep work was poor, can see the bulges of filler, runs in the lacquer, and bits like the mirrors barely have paint on them. Could probably polish through to the original paint.
--ToM--

27th Apr 15 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is mates rates yes, no blowjobs were involved though
Mark.W

27th Apr 15 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee25790
Go to see it when he rings you back if it still looks like shite walk away and tell him your not paying for it. Cut your losses at least then..

My dad and uncle are engineers and powder coaters and would never use such a flimsy excuse for something going wrong as the previous work. It can always be fixed.. If it was that bad in the first place he should of refused it.

I'd be tempted to ask for money to replace what he damaged

[Edited on 27-04-2015 by Dee25790]

This is the way im thinking of approaching it, but asking for money off him for ruining the splitter is going to be a waste of time. He started to get a little bit aggressive and said he was going to walk away before he gets annoyed when i said its no good to me the way it was.

Is there anything he can do legally if i refuse to pay for it? because i can't see him giving me it back if im still not happy with it.

Im more annoyed that he has ruined a rare steinmetz splitter which isnt something that is not exactly easy to get hold of.

[Edited on 28-04-2015 by Mark.W]
Jambo

28th Apr 15 at 06:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speak to citizens advice who will liaise with Trading Standards.

He's essentially ripping you off and given his highly professional attitude I would say he does it often.
taylorboosh

28th Apr 15 at 06:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id go down and demand it back so you can have it fixed else where
taylorboosh

28th Apr 15 at 07:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Or just like jambos £2k satin red respray

Love that satin sheen

Photo taken with instagram
Steve
Premium Member

28th Apr 15 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definitely that an expensive job doesn't guarantee you a good job, but a cheap job almost as good as guarantees a shit one.

Best way as always is word of mouth and seeing previous work for your own eyes
3CorsaMeal

28th Apr 15 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My local garage uses a painter, they share a premises, i asked them about him and they told me not to use him as he doesn't like bending down to paint or prep the low bits
Nic Barnes

28th Apr 15 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Definitely that an expensive job doesn't guarantee you a good job, but a cheap job almost as good as guarantees a shit one.

Best way as always is word of mouth and seeing previous work for your own eyes
you are doing a job on your model plane on your mum kitchen table and that is costing you a lot. yet it looks shit. logic flawed, by yourself.
Steve
Premium Member

28th Apr 15 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think that falls under the expensive job not necessarily guaranteeing a good outcome wouldnt you agree pal?
Nic Barnes

28th Apr 15 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you are the expert
SVM 286

28th Apr 15 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
£300 for a front bumper painting Jesus someone's been fucked

Rear bumper was four hundred notes for a Supra, twenty years ago Baza.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » where do i stand? ( Car Body Shop's ) 23 database queries in 0.0108180 seconds