corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Gone Girl £2.99 in HD on iTunes, bizarrely

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gone Girl £2.99 in HD on iTunes, bizarrely
evilrob
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd May 15 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As per subject:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/movie/gone-girl/id917932687
Russ

22nd May 15 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good film, the reason I stay single
Steve
Premium Member

22nd May 15 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought it was a bit shit

Everyone raved about it yet the script seemed a bit basic.

Why didnt he just use the hand written clues as evidence to prove she wasnt dead?

The ending was pants too I was especting something to happen but all that happened was they said fuck it lets get back together and that was it
Generation

22nd May 15 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don'tt need to watch it now^ thanks for saving me £2.99

[Edited on 22-05-2015 by Generation]
p

22nd May 15 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gone Girl, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Captain Phillips, The Grand Budapest Hotel all at 2:99 nice to get one over them for charging heinous amounts of money. 4 films for the price of 1, basically. Shame Fury and American Sniper wasn't that price
SVM 286

23rd May 15 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So are we saying it's a good thing to have to pay £2.99 to watch a film?
Generation

23rd May 15 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For people that don't want to fuck around with torrents yes. I'd much prefer to pay for music and DVDs
SVM 286

24th May 15 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems excessive to me.
SVM 286

24th May 15 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Btw, when you say pay for music and dvds Gen, do you mean buying the real deal, or paying for downloads?
Generation

25th May 15 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Either, don't mind paying for films on iTunes. Stream to all my apple devices. Perfect quality, album artwork too.
I understand some people use torrents, and have done myself many years ago. These days I don't care enough. Have downloaded shit loads of music from Apple Store too.
Ben G

25th May 15 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
So are we saying it's a good thing to have to pay £2.99 to watch a film?

I'd quite happily pay that to watch a good quality movie.

Sky charges £5 odd now, up from £3.50 a while ago. Not terrible, but I begrudge paying sky extra when my bill already costs £65 per month.
Ben G

25th May 15 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gone girl was a great film steve, you utter plebwart.
SVM 286

26th May 15 at 03:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It strikes me that paying for a download is almost as farcical as paying for a picture of a beer, or a description of a sandwich.

I'll buy CDs, DVDs, brown rays, vinyl etc until the cows come home and not baulk at the price either, but paying for something that has no tangible qualities is still absurd and a confidence trick, to my mind.

I very grudgingly had to pay for a handful of music downloads a few years ago, as the tunes I wanted weren't available to purchase in any format, in any way, from anywhere at all.

Still fucks me off now when I think about it, as I made the cunts at apple a few quid richer for the sake of having a few songs that I wanted, that I will only ever have saved in a file format on my lap top, ipod and phone.

To pay three quid to watch a film is crazy in my eyes, when you consider that you can buy the damn thing from your local Morrisons for a fiver or less before long, or just watch it on the telly when it comes round, or just watch it for free on the net if you're really that desperate.

The people that run these companies must be rubbing their hands together. They've pulled the wool over the eyes of a generation. Or so it would seem.
Balling
Premium Member

26th May 15 at 06:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It strikes me that paying for a download is almost as farcical as paying for a picture of a beer, or a description of a sandwich.

I'll buy CDs, DVDs, brown rays, vinyl etc until the cows come home and not baulk at the price either, but paying for something that has no tangible qualities is still absurd and a confidence trick, to my mind.
How is owning a movie digitally even remotely comparable to "a description of a sandwich"?

You can watch the movie every time you want. The exact same movie you'd get on a DVD (well, better quality than DVD, actually).

I can access my digital movie collection at any time, anywhere on the planet (provided I have internet access). I can hardly say the same for my DVD collection.

My digital movie collection is fire and theft proof, unlike my physical collection.

I can't resell or lend out my digital movies and as far as I'm aware, I'm tied to Apples ecosystem for playback.
So drawbacks and benefits, like with everything in this world.

How could you ever think that a digital product "has no tangible qualities".
What about computer games and software? Do you need the box for those as well? How about applications for your phone? Are they without quality as they don't come in a box?

Steve
Premium Member

26th May 15 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Gone girl was a great film steve, you utter plebwart.

That's fine, so can you please address my grumbles with the film then as I'm clearly missing something
SVM 286

27th May 15 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:

How is owning a movie digitally even remotely comparable to "a description of a sandwich"?

You can watch the movie every time you want. The exact same movie you'd get on a DVD (well, better quality than DVD, actually).

I can access my digital movie collection at any time, anywhere on the planet (provided I have internet access). I can hardly say the same for my DVD collection.

My digital movie collection is fire and theft proof, unlike my physical collection.

I can't resell or lend out my digital movies and as far as I'm aware, I'm tied to Apples ecosystem for playback.
So drawbacks and benefits, like with everything in this world.

How could you ever think that a digital product "has no tangible qualities".
What about computer games and software? Do you need the box for those as well? How about applications for your phone? Are they without quality as they don't come in a box?

Well, if you can't physically hold the thing you've parted with your hard earned cash for... in fact, there is no 'thing' to speak of, then that really is the very definition of not having a tangible quality isn't it.

So you don't/can't see any validity or relevance to my point that paying for something that doesn't physically exist is slightly farcical, especially when it's own physical counterpart or equivalent can be had for the same/similar price then Mr B?

To my mind, one doesn't strictly ''own'' the film if you have only paid for a download. You merely have access to a file, on a server somewhere. If that building burned down, your collection would be similarly frazzled as if your dvd collection went up in smoke somehow.

Re games, every game I have ever purchased was a physical entity and had to be manufactured, packaged & shipped, plus someone had to be paid for serving me in the shop that I purchased it from.

Re software, apart from what came installed on my lap top, I have not had need to purchase software for it.

Re phone applications, I have never purchased an application for my phone and have no reason to.

As far as anything being fire proof, that's not particularly relevant. The condition of your games collection will be the least of your concerns if your home is burned to the ground or turned into a charred hulk.

And as far as access is concerned, i've never felt the need to watch any of my films anywhere other than in front of my television. If i'm elsewhere, i'm usually doing other things.
Balling
Premium Member

28th May 15 at 06:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry Jim, but that is some cave man shit right there.

If somebody sends you information, do you need a letter on paper as an email doesn't physically exist?

Your idea that £1 worth of cardboard and plastic handed to you by a person suddenly makes a difference to the quality of a movie or album is frankly baffling.
We're talking about the exact same product.
The exact same content.

Your "physical" movie is digital as well. Just stored on a disc in stead of a server.

[Edited on 28-05-2015 by Balling]

Russ

28th May 15 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

svm.. do you actually use cash or debit cards?
Balling
Premium Member

28th May 15 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cash, obviously. Digital money has no tangible quality.

Russ

28th May 15 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SVM 286

28th May 15 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Sorry Jim, but that is some cave man shit right there.

If somebody sends you information, do you need a letter on paper as an email doesn't physically exist?

Your idea that £1 worth of cardboard and plastic handed to you by a person suddenly makes a difference to the quality of a movie or album is frankly baffling.
We're talking about the exact same product.
The exact same content.

Your "physical" movie is digital as well. Just stored on a disc in stead of a server.

[Edited on 28-05-2015 by Balling]

I don't have to pay for an e-mail Mister B

It's not ''cave man shit''. It's common sense. And presumably a significant difference of opinion.

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree.
SVM 286

28th May 15 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
svm.. do you actually use cash or debit cards?

Both Russ
SVM 286

28th May 15 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cash, obviously. Digital money has no tangible quality.

No it doesn't. You can't touch it.

It does have a monetary value however, as funds are transferred, so it's not really an appropriate comparison.
A1EX

28th May 15 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you go to the cinema at all?
SVM 286

30th May 15 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not so often these days Alex, it's so bloody dear now You can buy a film for less than the cost of goin to the flicks now.

Once upon a time I went most weekends.

Probably only once or twice a year now.

I'll deffo be going twice this year though. Bond and Star Wars

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Gone Girl £2.99 in HD on iTunes, bizarrely 24 database queries in 0.0133710 seconds