corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Which Sparks Plugs are best? Bosch Super 4s?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Which Sparks Plugs are best? Bosch Super 4s?
SVM 286

User status: Offline
5th Jun 15 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
If the spark plugs are burning out there is something wrong with your car

Probably running too lean or something

Cheers Steve. I assumed that they'd burned out, as one had stopped firing completely and another was misbehaving.

I may be wrong though and it could have been some other internal fault or failure.

I thought it was a lead breaking down at first, or maybe contaminated fuel or even an ECU fault, as the plugs were only about a thousand miles old.

Stone cold exhaust manifold on number two and very rough running. Swapped a lead, no different. Checked everything else. all seemed fine.

Eventually I gave up and swapped a plug around and the misfire moved. Cleaned my old ones and popped them back in and the car was perfect again.

Very unusual. I've not encountered that level of plug uselessness in many years in well used ones, never mind examples with such negligible mileage on them.

Won't be buying Champion again unless I can get my mitts on exact replacements for what's in the car, which doesn't look likely at the moment.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Which Sparks Plugs are best? Bosch Super 4s? 23 database queries in 0.0071771 seconds