corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Fraud whiplash and damage claim rant!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fraud whiplash and damage claim rant!
Ellis

User status: Offline
19th Jun 15 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
We have beat a whiplash claim since but I assume that was more down to the ridiculous nature of the claim rather than any change within the claim process. Basically a vending machine I was moving fell on a car. She claimed to be in the car at the time despite my brother and I seeing her walking over from the doors we'd just brought the vending machine through

That is incredible how did that one get resolved? Was it just a case of 2 stories against 1 that prevented her claim?

The lengths that people go to these days never ceases to amaze me. I couldn't do it out of honesty.

There is a cracking program on BBC in the mornings about this very subject of false claims. Some of the attempts at claiming injury etc are laughable. Gives me a giggle before work.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

19th Jun 15 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our insurer came out, interviewed my brother and me then a few weeks later we got a letter through saying the case had been closed.

It was 2 years after the event that she came up with the injury claim so I assume she'd let time go by and hoped we wouldn't remember properly and therefore wouldn't bother fighting it.
oJNAo
Premium Member

19th Jun 15 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is why I hate the general population
Ben G

19th Jun 15 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
Originally posted by Generation
I knew pow was going to
Pipe up with his story again

Giving my personal experience

29 missed calls eh Andrew?

I'm inclined to believe him tbh. Had all sorts of weirdo's calling me up to 5 times a day when I gave my number to a window salesman. Cunts cunts and more cunts.
Ben G

19th Jun 15 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
Pardon my ignorance, but are they allowed to take the case into the courts without your attendance? Or at least offering you the opportunity to be present. Perhaps that is only if you were contesting a case which would give you a criminal record.

I've had it with insurance companies, they're all a bunch of terrorists. I tried going up against Privilege recently via the Financial Ombudsman but the case went nowhere.

Something needs to be done about the diagnosis of 'whiplash' before this spirals even further out of control.

People seem to be cashing in on 'industrial deafness' now too. Even harder for a doctor to prove if the patient is telling the truth.

Ah yeah, industrial deafness and the ''have you worked with vibrating power tools in the last 30 years'' rubbish.

My companh test our hearing all the time for this very reason.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Fraud whiplash and damage claim rant! 23 database queries in 0.0114110 seconds