corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Stopped for no insurance

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stopped for no insurance
Jambo

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 15 at 01:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Btw what did the police do in the end? Give you 7 days to prove it?

Down here, no insurance means they call your insurance company at the roadside. If late at night, they may give benefit of the doubt, probably depending whether you look like a pikey or not and give you aproducer type thing.

If you can't provide the details there and then, they give you a producer. I went down following morning and gave them all they needed. Apparently at this point nothing was ever noted or recorded so it was of that never happened so queue months of shit from Police/Court wasting public money and causing me untold amounts of stress. They eventually found the record of my producer and that I had insurance and also at the time accused.

Dee25790

22nd Jul 15 at 05:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought they had stopped producers all together now
Nic Barnes

22nd Jul 15 at 06:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No it's there as a back up if the electronic system fails them.
Jambo

22nd Jul 15 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was back in 2007
johnny86
Premium Member

22nd Jul 15 at 07:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
That was back in 2007

Fake story didn't have insurance seized the skip from him.
3CorsaMeal

22nd Jul 15 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are just testing you, wanted to pull you over so made that excuse of no insurance on their system.

Probably the strange mods made them think you might be a kiddy fiddler
--ToM--

22nd Jul 15 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pow
Premium Member

22nd Jul 15 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben I had that when I bought the Alfa, sorry sir we can't insure it because it doesn't exisit
Nic Barnes

22nd Jul 15 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Ben I had that when I bought the Alfa, sorry sir we can't insure it because it doesn't exisit
tried to get an insurance quote for my new house when i move in but it doesnt have a recognised street or post code yet as its not built.
Ben G

22nd Jul 15 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah if you ring up a decent insurance company, they will sort it all out for you.

If you ring up a proper shit cheapo one, you just get a computer says no response
johnny86
Premium Member

22nd Jul 15 at 14:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by pow
tried to get an insurance quote for my new house when i move in but it doesnt have a recognised street or post code yet as its not built.

Yawn... is it part rent part buy? You gone down the route of getting help from the council where they own ×% and you buy it off them after 5 years or something?
3CorsaMeal

22nd Jul 15 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you sure you are going to an insurance company and not just some bloke online?

What with the M5 quotes you were getting, maybe your getting quotes to polish the roof and thinking its insurance?
DaveyLC

22nd Jul 15 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Just got pulled over for having no insurance. Apnr flagged it up. I have insurance, I showed them the only proof I've got which was an email from Sunday morning when I re insured it. It's not on the database of insurance, my company says it is however. Is this a common thing? Will it show up eventually? Hopefully won't have to go to court over it.

A lot of Gypsies around at the moment so the police are pulling over all of the shitty white vans with no insurance
antnee

22nd Jul 15 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been pulled for no insurance. I was on the way home after picking up my new car, coppers were fine when I explained that I had just picked up the car and swapped the insurance over from my old car, they checked out the reg on my old car and let me on my way.
Nic Barnes

22nd Jul 15 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only thought i have is although im with the same company, it was cheaper to end the insurance, then start again via online quote than let it roll over into a second year. although i have had it checked today by a friend and it is showing up as being insured so thats good. hopefully nothing more will come of it. admiral say its been covered since 7:50am on sunday which was when i renewed it.
Dee25790

22nd Jul 15 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
the only thought i have is although im with the same company, it was cheaper to end the insurance, then start again via online quote than let it roll over into a second year. although i have had it checked today by a friend and it is showing up as being insured so thats good. hopefully nothing more will come of it. admiral say its been covered since 7:50am on sunday which was when i renewed it.

You're an eager beaver up at that time on a Sunday ringing an insurance comp
Nic Barnes

23rd Jul 15 at 06:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did it online. Quite often up at 7-7:30 on a weekend.
MatthewR

23rd Jul 15 at 06:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wake up early all the time now must b an age thing

I had a similar thing happen to me the day my insurance ran out/renewed, i was with Direct Line at the time, police phoned them they confirmed everything and off i went
Corsa_Sport21

24th Jul 15 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think what has happened is you have taken out insurance, got the relevant emails/paperwork, then cancelled the policy and deleted any further emails and are using the confirmation email to pretend you have insurance. That was a common trick used back in 1995 which they clicked onto so I'm surprised you have gotten away with it.

Next time they stop you you will play the harassment card and get away with it again and so on.
johnny86
Premium Member

24th Jul 15 at 14:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
I think what has happened is you have taken out insurance, got the relevant emails/paperwork, then cancelled the policy and deleted any further emails and are using the confirmation email to pretend you have insurance. That was a common trick used back in 1995 which they clicked onto so I'm surprised you have gotten away with it.

Next time they stop you you will play the harassment card and get away with it again and so on.

You've hit the nail on the head
Nic Barnes

28th Jul 15 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its been a week now and ive heard nothing back or had any letters so im going to assume it was just a glitch with database

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Stopped for no insurance 23 database queries in 0.0125849 seconds