corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Garage have marked my alloy wheel. Where do I stand?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Garage have marked my alloy wheel. Where do I stand?
anthcorsa

User status: Offline
24th Sep 15 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all, just after some advice. I took my A3 to a Bodyshop on Monday to have a S3 front bumper and bonnet painted and fitted. They rang me today to tell me it'll be ready tomorrow as their just awaiting on some fog bulbs to arrive. Anyhow on my way home from work I drove past the garage and it was all locked up wtb my car parked up outside. I stopped and had a look at it which I have to say looks amazing, the paintwork is class, however I looked down and there's three small chips took out of the passenger side wheel. They 100% weren't there before I took it in as I'm podantic about any scratches on my wheels and I would have spotted it sooner. The scratches all look fresh, the bright white primer is showing. What do I do when I go to pick it up tomorrow? Am I pissing against the wind with this one or what? Any help is greatly appreciated
--ToM--

24th Sep 15 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell them you had them professionally refurbished only a few weeks ago and are anal about the car and 100% sure they weren't there before, also rub them up a bit and tell them how made up you are with the work they have done and you will definitely be back for more but your just not happy about the scratch, if there half decent guys they'll offer to repaint it. Won't cost them more than a hours labour to box that off for you to keep a customer happy
anthcorsa

24th Sep 15 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the reply Tom. To be honest that was my initial approach I was going with, they seem decent guys and have a good reputation but wanted some advice on here in case they turn around and give it the whole 'it was there before' excuse.
Jambo

24th Sep 15 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should really do a check when you book it in like a hire car
Andrew

24th Sep 15 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You never know, before you pick up your car tomorrow they may have repaired your wheel.
Ronson

24th Sep 15 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where do you stand?

In front of a high speed train please.
Ben G

24th Sep 15 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They might even tell you about it. If not, then obviously let them know how you feel.
Nic Barnes

24th Sep 15 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to get some cameras attached to your wheels then view footage when you pick it up from these places each time.
Gaz

24th Sep 15 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess you need to look at the layout of their yard/lockup area. Is there anywhere they could have kerbed the alloy.

If not, then of course they are not going to let you tell them they kerbed it.
anthcorsa

24th Sep 15 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're not kerbed, they're scratch marks and the scratch is right on one of the spokes which is in an unusual place on the wheel. Judging by the contour and the shape of the scratches it's not been done by driving it but with a tool or something. I should of took a picture really.
Stuart H

24th Sep 15 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the exact reason I make any garage walk round my car before I give them the keys. Last time it was in it came out with a scratch on the back door. They sorted that because I had someone walk round with me. Mrs always takes the piss because I do it but its deffo worth the 2 mins it takes.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Sep 15 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds just like the damage on my new corsa wheel
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

24th Sep 15 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Sounds just like the damage on my new corsa wheel

no one cares
Jason x
Premium Member

24th Sep 15 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go in there as If you hadn't already seen the car make a big show of how happy you are about the work like Tom said maybe take a few pics and let me them know there's more bits you want doing and ask for some business cards for your mates, then as you are leaving go past that side of the car suddenly shout "oooow shit what's happened here" go on saying how did this happen etc and see where that takes you.

Or go straight in tell them you came in the night with a torch and know they've fucked your wheel and start demanding it's repaired or you'll smack talk them online.

[Edited on 24-09-2015 by Jason x]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

24th Sep 15 at 23:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't be suprised if the bulbs in the fogs are fine and they are refurbishing the wheel tomorrow morning....

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
AndyCorsaSport

25th Sep 15 at 05:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My bet is they've had the wheels off to drop the wheel arch liners to make fitting the bumper easier, and used a socket too short on removing wheel bolts and caught the wheel with the strong bar!
IainL

25th Sep 15 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happened to me with my Astra when I got my tracking done except the damage was worse than you described. I was wasting my time though as they flatly denied it and blamed me. I am extremely careful with my wheels and would definitely have noticed the damage, even just by walking past. Extreme Performance in Whitburn.

I'd just flag the damage to them, say you are not happy and if they start being difficult or denying it, just chalk it down to experience and move on.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

25th Sep 15 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What happened then?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
anthcorsa

25th Sep 15 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright lads. So i walked in to get the car and the guy greeted me and showed me to the car so I looked over it and have to say the paint was faultless, I pretty much took the suggested approach off here and said what a good job he done etc etc and i then highlighted the scratch on the rim to the guy. He completely agreed that it looked recent and said he can't deny nor prove it happened whilst the car was in his hands. He just said to take the car home, give it a clean have a good inspection and if i'm unhappy bring the car back next week and he'll sort the wheels which I am happy with tbh. Cheers for the comments guys. Some pics in my corsa thread of the whole transformation.

[Edited on 25-09-2015 by anthcorsa]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

25th Sep 15 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anthcorsa

25th Sep 15 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham

cheers for the advice lads
--ToM--

25th Sep 15 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good result. Until you go back next week and he Denys all knowledge of ever working on your car
anthcorsa

25th Sep 15 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Good result. Until you go back next week and he Denys all knowledge of ever working on your car

''I have never.. seen this car in my life''
Steve
Premium Member

25th Sep 15 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would have got that in writing
Ben G

25th Sep 15 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--

This is exactly what I would do if I were that employee i'm also willing to bet something like that will happen

[Edited on 25-09-2015 by Ben G]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Garage have marked my alloy wheel. Where do I stand? 24 database queries in 0.0133989 seconds