corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » not a corsa but fiat with a gearbox issue

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author not a corsa but fiat with a gearbox issue
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 15 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Other halfs grande punto has a grumbling rattle noise when driving along a 30ish mph. The speed of the noise stays constant with the speed. Ie the same at 30mph if in 2nd or 4th. Noise stops if you dip the clutch and doesnt appear if you just rev the engine.
Jacked the car up and ran it on axle stands. 100% coming from the box and oil level is fine.
Could it be clutch related or is the box possibly dying a slow death.
We may be trading it in soon so may chop it in quicker rather then spend big on it .....

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Ben G

3rd Oct 15 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds similar to what I had with my Puma, which turned out the be the clutch release bearing.

They changed it on an episode of wheel dealers aswell. Not sure what car it was though.

If it is that, i'd advise changing it sooner rather than later as my box broke whilst changing gear at 70mph and I had to crawl home stuck in 5th gear. Not a good experience when you hit traffic lights.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

3rd Oct 15 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They run an m32 in some of the puntos
gavin18787
Premium Member

3rd Oct 15 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was release bearing it would do it in neutral as well wouldnt it and stop if you dip the clutch?
I thought m32 but arnt they 6 speed? This is 5 speed

deano87

4th Oct 15 at 05:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have thought the M32 would only be in the 1.9 Multijet diesel which is basically a 1.9 CDTi engine.

Assume yours is a petrol?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

4th Oct 15 at 07:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just trade it in

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
gavin18787
Premium Member

4th Oct 15 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer 5 speed 1.2 petrol.
If all for trading it asap but she isnt so keen. Just dont want to see her chuck a few hundred at it and trade it in twp months time for the same 900 quid she was offered for it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » not a corsa but fiat with a gearbox issue 24 database queries in 0.0153310 seconds