corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cars in Storage

Poll: Cars in Storage
Start every few weeks 4 (36.36%)
Leave until they are going to be driven 7 (63.64%)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cars in Storage
gidged500
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Dec 15 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've read a few things in different forums and I'm no closer to a conclusion

My question is - I have two of my cars stored in dry garages. Should I start them both every so often or leave them be until I'm going to drive them and have the batteries on charge using a trickle charger.

Also they both have turbos is there any way I can stop the actuators seizing up ?
antnee

20th Dec 15 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How long are they going to be stored for?
--ToM--

20th Dec 15 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We stored cars for years and years in my old place, trickle charger, check coolant before winter sets in, push it around so it doesn't get flat spots on the tyres, take them out every so often for a good run get it right upto temperature to keep everything working, that's all we used to do, don't leave full tanks of fuel in them either.
gidged500
Premium Member

21st Dec 15 at 00:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the advice Tom
I agree with what you've said
IainL

21st Dec 15 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Astra Coupe sat in my garage for 2 years. All I did was change the collant and oil before laying up and after that I did zero. 2 years later it started right up after replacing the battery (trickle charge a good idea) and I drove it straight to the MOT station and it passed first time with no advisories. A warm dry garage helps things a great deal though. My own opinion is that unless you are going to get it fully up to temp for at least 1/2 hour or so, just leave it be.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cars in Storage 25 database queries in 0.0140259 seconds