corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » big wheels-little speed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author big wheels-little speed
storm25

User status: Offline
   4th Jun 03 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok open question/ debate here! what is more imporatant to you? BIG POWER or BIG STYLING? i only have me a 1.2 but i'm 17 so its fair enough! on my last car-my fiesta 1.0 i had some 15" series 1 RST alloys( 4 sale by hte way-u2u me) but the bastard things didn't half make my car slow! i don't know if it's worth it for looking better! these days i'd much prefer to slam a car to the max on fat little euro style wheels and just smooth it- more of a subtle street sleeper look! i dunno but i think that if you see a 1.2 modified over the top with huge wheels on that might look good you wanna race it and test it out but it;s so dissapointing when it has no speed to throw at you whatsoever! big kits on fast cars-fair enough but little engined monsters aren;t really all that! euro style still turns heads and looks mean- big wheels-small engine, maybe more money than sense! what do you think?
MikeH

4th Jun 03 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My primary aim with my own 1.2 16v 5 door is to mod and finetune it purely for performance.. I'm not interested in styling very much at all.

Ideally my car will look absolutely standard from the outside but will go like a rocket!

Also means you don't get bothered so much by police in your overly done up car.

I still have 13" steel wheels by the way but was considering some smalish alloys to keep the outside diameter the same.
storm25

4th Jun 03 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh it's definately gotta be done! image wheels are good! check em out! www.imagewheels.co.uk
they're expensive tho!
Gambit

4th Jun 03 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

performance & handling all the way

i'd prefer to have a street sleeper than something that stands out like a sore thumb
digitalbanana

4th Jun 03 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well...i only got a 1.0i, and i dont have shit to start with really...so styling is for me...big 17"s and kit, then put a 2l in when i have NCBs and a few yrs behind me.
sxi boy

4th Jun 03 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MikeH
My primary aim with my own 1.2 16v 5 door is to mod and finetune it purely for performance.. I'm not interested in styling very much at all.

Ideally my car will look absolutely standard from the outside but will go like a rocket!

Also means you don't get bothered so much by police in your overly done up car.

I still have 13" steel wheels by the way but was considering some smalish alloys to keep the outside diameter the same.

ur not guna get much from a 1.2 16v
CRB 553

4th Jun 03 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well no but everything is in perspective.....it can still be tuned, and its about working to get a level of bhp u can be proud of and c'in wot gains u can get, rather than comparing it to GSi's and alike.
sxi boy

4th Jun 03 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put it into perspective again: for the money it would take to get a 1.2 16v to respectable power levels, it be better to put in a 1.6 16v or even 2.0 16v engine
sxi boy

4th Jun 03 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to take a 1.2 16v to 90bhp u will need, cams, sealed induction kit (which will still do fuck all) full exhaust system and de-cat, manifold, chip.

for the money you'd spend on that lot you could have a 1.4 16v or 1.6 16v put in

New Poll