corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Wheel refurbishment

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wheel refurbishment
Red_SXi

User status: Offline
5th Jun 03 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As some of you might know i recently had an accidient.

Now my front left wheel was a bit worse for wear, but it turns out after picking the bits of pavement out of the gap between tyre and rim that it isn't as bad as i first thought.

The bodyshop told me not to run the car on that wheel, but they would cos they want me to buy another wheel which is on back-order from Vauxhall

The front of the wheel on 2 spokes has been damaged (deep cuts) and along the edge of the rim is the same.

Also on the back of the rim where its caught the suspension its shaven off some of the metal from the inner rim.

I was wondering would i be able to get this rim refurbed? And if i do will the balancing be serverely affected due to the amount of filler used?

Thanks alot
MikeH

5th Jun 03 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would you take the chance?

It won't be as safe as a new one, or if it was it would costtallot to refurb it.
newboy

5th Jun 03 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wat wheel is it?
Icy

6th Jun 03 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had one totally curbed n they fixed it
stil buckled imo
Red_SXi

6th Jun 03 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a New Shape 16" Sri wheel.

I wanted to get it done cos Vauxhall said it'll be ages to get one of these wheels from germany. I am currently running on the 15" Spare.

New Poll