corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Makeshift heatpoof material- ideas please.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Makeshift heatpoof material- ideas please.
corsa5dr

User status: Offline
3rd Jul 03 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres my situation, im getting a new custom exhaust done on tuesday, when i get my new bumper fit the old exhaust sits behind the rear bumper, instead of facing through the mesh, and is quite close to the bumper.

Obviously i dont want it to damage the bumper on the drive to the Powerflow dealer,so i want to temporarily put some material that will be a little bit of protection for the 1hour drive to the exhaust center.

Any ideas what? cheaper the better as its only gonna be on the car for an hour or so.

thanks for any help.
Rob H

3rd Jul 03 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its only for an hour, take the bumper off. Will make it easier to fit the exhaust too. If it needs to be fitted while the exhaust is being put on, stick it in the boot .

Basically if its pointing straight at the bumper, theres not much you can do.
corsa5dr

3rd Jul 03 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think the bumper will fit in the car when i take it to powerflow though tbh, was a squeeze getting it in my mates van lengthwise :/

Surely theres something i can put there just to stop the heat for a hour, or will it be ok for driving for that period of time?
Gambit

3rd Jul 03 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wrap some tin foil round it!

shiney side facing outwards!
corsa5dr

3rd Jul 03 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some bloke on Migweb just suggested tin foil! Now that Youve seconded it gambit i think ill give it a go

Cheers
M4tt

3rd Jul 03 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tin foil works quite well i found when using it to make a heatshield for me induction kit.

New Poll