corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » flame red - marks in paint

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author flame red - marks in paint
sussexsport

User status: Offline
8th Jul 03 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I own a 97 'R' sport in this lovely colour thats fades a lot in the sun unless you keep it heavily polished....!!

recently I have come across a few circular patches on the roof and bonnet where it seems that fuel has eaten into the paint, this is from airplanes when they dump excess fuel and the paint isnt hard enough to withstand the liquid ( i will have metallic paint next time).

I have used T-Cut, hard polish and still the marks are there, not as much but still enough to be annoying.

I would appreciate if anybody could let me know how to get rid of these other than re-spraying the whole bloody bonnet.

many thanks

Chris
Kris TD

8th Jul 03 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try g7 rubbing compound or 1200 grit wet and dry paper, both bout the same really, but i would use the compound. if that doesnt work then nothing will.
gambler1982

8th Jul 03 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt go as for as using p1200 wet and dry start lower with p1500 its easier to polish up and yeah you could use G7 but i find that also a bit harsh try G3 again easier to use buy hand, but like Kris TD says if that dont work its a re-spray
Kris TD

9th Jul 03 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm, g3 is more abrasive than g7
Kris TD

9th Jul 03 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

g10 is the least abrasive, but i wouldnt bother with that on a red car, just go for g7, g3 will eat the paint up in no time.
Corsa^Dan

9th Jul 03 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines done the same *crys*
barry_kellett99

9th Jul 03 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bird sh*t also does this to your car!
Gambit

9th Jul 03 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sussexsport
I own a 97 'R' sport in this lovely colour thats fades a lot in the sun unless you keep it heavily polished....!!

recently I have come across a few circular patches on the roof and bonnet where it seems that fuel has eaten into the paint, this is from airplanes when they dump excess fuel and the paint isnt hard enough to withstand the liquid ( i will have metallic paint next time).

I have used T-Cut, hard polish and still the marks are there, not as much but still enough to be annoying.

I would appreciate if anybody could let me know how to get rid of these other than re-spraying the whole bloody bonnet.

many thanks

Chris

wise up, you really think planes drop excess fuel over residental areas? & do u think there would not be a national outcry from people getting aviation fuel dropped on them every so often.

more than likely a seagull has shít on your car and thi shas caused the damage.
cobra148

9th Jul 03 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find it hard to believe it will be plane fuel, most likely bird sh*t or tree sap. If you take it to a dealer, they will check it with a microscope/eyepiece and could probably tell you what causes it.
Cybermonkey

9th Jul 03 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sussexsport

many thanks

Chris

Jesus you must be on drugs lad! Aircraft only dump fuel as a vapour so it floats off into the atmosphere harmlessly. When they do dump in cases of emergency, its likely to end up splashing on a field on the boundaries of Heathrow, Gatwick etc, not the roof of you car

Dave
Corsa^Dan

9th Jul 03 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate reckons its tree sap with mine :/ i think its somthing else tho, cos the bonets covering init, and the drivers side roof and top of door running bk too the boot :/

made a right mess tbh of my car.

New Poll