corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » mid bass driver any need for enclosure?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mid bass driver any need for enclosure?
CORS4

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 03 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey all

having a bit of trouble with this particular spker
TS-M7PRS

see it on...
http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=716&taxonomy_id=25-131

can anyone tell me whether i need an enclosure for this speaker or can it be mounted on the shelf?

thanks in advance
TOMAS

3rd Aug 03 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be fine mounted on the shelf so long as their is a reasonably good seal around the speaker and the shelf is reinforced and quite rigid. Its pretty much the same as the woofer in a component setup except its classed as a midbass driver at 17cm. I'd say 8"/9" woofer needing 100wrms+ would be more of a dedicated midbass driver.
CORS4

4th Aug 03 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey tomas!

i thought you'd reply!

i think i'm gonna get a genesis amp prob the profile 2 for my comps first.
if there's still a lack of mid-bass then i'll get some 5" focal subs (top of the range- utopia).

sound deading is due to go in within the next two weeks.

at my local eurocar, a guy reccommended the jl 500/1 over the MRD-500 (for a 10w6v2
do you think he's being genuine or just after a bit more dosh?

Alpine costs about £300
jl £600

amp: http://www.jlaudio.com/amps/5001.html

sub: http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/10w6v2.html#

if i go for this setup its gonna cost me about 1k! amp is about £600 and the sub is about £400

do you think theres a better setup out there for the same amount of money? i'm looking for sq and a bit of loudness? but mainly sq
TOMAS

4th Aug 03 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally you want midbass upfront otherwise it would sound awfull. Yes the JL 500.1 IS better than the M500 Alpine but the Alpines go for £260 and if the JL's are £500 then they are NO way worth it! As you know i have two alpine M500's, neva had a prob with either and they have more than enough function on them. Look at juicing up the front components first (100W+) and adding plenty of Dynamat, also play around with crossover setting and phaseing to improve midbass. Maybe youre system is too bass heavy and that could be drowning out the midbass?
CORS4

4th Aug 03 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the front i'm lookin at getting a genesis profile 2

http://www.genesis-ice.com/img/profile/profileframe.htm

i know these amps are very musical and very good quality.
only problem is they are only 2x75rms, my speakers are 85rms
still not pushing them to their limits, although i know they would sound much better than current (mrv-t407) amp.

if i want to upgrade my speakers at a later date they will obviously be much more powerful meaning i will have to buy another amp again.

do you think it would be a good idea to buy the profile 4 instead? use it bridged, that way i'm getting 140rms to each speaker plus theres scope for upgrading speakers at a later date.

a m8 of mine has got me some dynamat cheap, so i'm gonna put quite a bit in the doors and the boot.

New Poll