corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Police?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Police?
RichSxi

User status: Offline
29th Aug 03 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If a Police officer pulls you over on the side of the road, does he give you a Ticket for speeding there?.... or does it come through the post?

my mates just worrying about it - as he already pays enough for his insurance, and he wants to know if he's going to get a ticket through the post?

Cheers
Paul H

29th Aug 03 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there and then normally if thats the reason for pulling him
R Lee

29th Aug 03 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it sounds as if your mate was pulled over and given a warning... he should consider himself lucky if thats the case, just a slap on the wrist!
RichSxi

29th Aug 03 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok ok ill admit it .......... it was me..... the police officer was on his own and never gave me a ticket, he was just going on about how to drive correctly.
R Lee

29th Aug 03 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheeky! well it'll probably a slap on the wrist like i said! nothing spesh, ive been pulled over a few times (no points on my license) and all ive got are warnings! "don't do it again" type ones... my brother did 90mph past an unmarked police and he got away with it because the officer ran out of tickets! lol
Juni0r

29th Aug 03 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No points lucky you!!

I've got 10!!

I pulled out in front of a copper, who then lied in court CU*T!! saying he had to swerve into the outside lane - thing was i had just moved into the outside lane!!! Got 4 points and 180 quid fine!!

Was pulled for crossing the white hatchings on the motorway. I crossed the solid white bit and got 3 points!! Copper was chasing a lexus doing 120 or so i was told by the younger copper!!

And got busted for doing 45 in a 30!! My fault!!
R Lee

29th Aug 03 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you do get some wankers officers but the majority of them around my area are alright. they seem to understnad the modifying scene, they tend to just get tits out in their shit novas and metros!
Cursa

29th Aug 03 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A copper on his own can't do an awful lot except give you a warning, they need a witness.
R Lee

29th Aug 03 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cursa
A copper on his own can't do an awful lot except give you a warning, they need a witness.

true, i forgot about that!
SilverSport1.4

29th Aug 03 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or maybe your just a danger 2 society Juni0r?!?!?! HAHA!
jm960326

29th Aug 03 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got caught speeding, thats all copper was alright about it really, as was I as I was speeding so fair play.

Been stopped only once else, at 3am in middle of a dual carraige way, simple:
did you know your rear light is out!
No I didnt I said, as I didnt,
They just asked where I been and that I get it fixed, then that was that.

Coppers round where we are seem alright, will help when needed.
IntaCepta

29th Aug 03 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been stopped many times round my area. they seem really nice peeps as well.

1) got stopped doing 70 in a 50. (was following traffic.)
I still had my 'P' plates on, guess they thought that was funny, let me off, told me to take it easy.

2) 2am, no cars about, decided to go round a roundabout twice understeering like crazy. Cops pulled me over asking me about that manovre. He said i didn;t do anything wrong just that he wanted to know why i went round twice, thought i was drunk. thougt i was gonna get done for dangerous driving. (stupid thing to be doing anyway)

3) midnite, dropping people off home. car tailgaiting me for ages, i got paranoid so pulled to park up and let him pass. he then pulled up behind me, by then i was shitting it, I thought it would be a nutter, turned out to be a copper. they told me my left set of rear lights were not working, 'just so u know ur lights are out' then they just went off. the bulb holder thing came lose and fell outta place.

basically, if u show them respect, keep things polite and admit fault they'll be quite cool about things.
Fraser Young

30th Aug 03 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

totally agree..... If you're polite an helpful the police are great...
Mates of mine that give em shit (even lawyers who know the law v. well) always seem to get caught out by the police for something coz of their attitudes!
Jamie

30th Aug 03 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cursa

Unless of course its a Traffic or Undercover car with built in cameras
Jamie

30th Aug 03 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IntaCepta
been stopped many times round my area. they seem really nice peeps as well.

basically, if u show them respect, keep things polite and admit fault they'll be quite cool about things.

Couldnt agree more mate
L33 LEG
Banned

30th Aug 03 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ur right there by saying its the attitude that gets u in trouble, i just cant help but be annoying. i get fined all the time. i wud on average i get pulled over 3 times a week but i do admit that it usually is my fault, but other times they just see me and pull me over for no reason.

i cnt believe u lot can write down everytime u hav bin pulled, it will take me like 3 pages to do that. i am just about to recieve my 6 points, therfore going to get banned! i have had about 270quid in fines and had a lot of warnings
Cursa

31st Aug 03 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dunno, I got caught speeding, 74 in a 60, on a wide straight without another car in sight. It was dark, visibility was perfect. This in mind, you'd think I'd either get let off, or at least treated like I wasn't a complete spanner. The guy was an absolute wank, started asking me stopping distances at 70mph, telling me that there were lots of deer around these parts etc etc as if hitting a deer is avoidable at 60 and not at 74...!? Throughout it all I was polite and cooperative, but conitued to get abuse although admittedly I had only passed my test 2 days before hand,... so while I appreciate that a lot of coppers are decent, it seems to me that a significant number of police officers, especially those in the traffic police, are people with attitude problems who get off on being in a position of authority.
roy_newell

31st Aug 03 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by L33 LEG
ur right there by saying its the attitude that gets u in trouble, i just cant help but be annoying. i get fined all the time. i wud on average i get pulled over 3 times a week but i do admit that it usually is my fault, but other times they just see me and pull me over for no reason.

i cnt believe u lot can write down everytime u hav bin pulled, it will take me like 3 pages to do that. i am just about to recieve my 6 points, therfore going to get banned! i have had about 270quid in fines and had a lot of warnings

Not being funny mate but if you get pulled that much and get loads of points and fines don't you think you should question your style of driving and possibly tone it down a bit

New Poll