corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Has anyone anywhere got a Corsa C20LET 4X4

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Has anyone anywhere got a Corsa C20LET 4X4
Gary GSi

User status: Offline
13th Sep 03 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just wondered if it has been done yet because i know a mechanic who is building one for a customer. Its a lot of work,i went to see him today about sorting out my 2.0L conversion and he showed me this other corsa and explained the work involved.
Paul H

13th Sep 03 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where does he work.i live in lincoln.i think it's been done but like you say it's a job and half
Gary GSi

13th Sep 03 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fozzy (aka, Paul Howard Jones) at power crazy motorsport is doing it. His garage is off the high street through the tunnel next to King Neptune chippie. You have got to cut away about 8 inches from the front next to your feet in the middle for the 4X4 transfer box to fit in and get rid of the spare wheel well and weld in the rear end floor pan off a calibra 4X4 for the diff mounts. Cut and re-weld the prop shaft to fit,the list goes on.
Paul H

13th Sep 03 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you think it will make much difference to handling and performance?i heard the 4 x 4 was real crappy on fuel and stuff
Gary GSi

13th Sep 03 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will drink petrol but if you are willing to pay for a conversion like that you would'nt care,you just want performance. It will have alot of torque and it will be able to get all the power down with it being 4 wheel drive. I would'nt bother trying to race it.
Drew
Banned

13th Sep 03 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i called courtney about getting my astra gsi (when i had it) turned into a 4x4, and got the nice quote of £7k
Gary GSi

13th Sep 03 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think he is paying that much. About half i think but the bloke at the garage said he would need the car for at least a couple of months to do it in between other jobs and so it kept the cost down.
BeArDy

13th Sep 03 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used 4x4 system from Calibra Turbo.
Increased front track with of corsa so that it is the same as the calibras. (as using calibra driveshafts all round)
Removed steering rack & refitted 30mm higher up bulkhead so as to clear transferbox. Still very tight though.
Fabricated new lower crossmember to accept rear gearbox mount.

Rear- cut original corsa floor pan out to behind front seats. Weld in Calibra floor pan to mount original calibra independant rear suspension & diff. Petrol tank fabricated in boot.

Prop shaft shortened by 180mm. (taken from the the third section of the shaft at the rear diff end).

It is possible to do, but involves a lot of time to make parts, fit them, remove them, modifiy them then refit them etc.

there are a few rally corsas with this setup and i only know of Chris4x4 of here (hasent been on in ages) who has a road going one
Gary GSi

13th Sep 03 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The guy who is doing it is gonna rebuild me 2.0L 16V engine before it goes in. He does alot of stuff like that. He owns a Fiesta turbo and Fast Ford mag are going to his workshop on tuesday to do a feature he said.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Has anyone anywhere got a Corsa C20LET 4X4 23 database queries in 0.0087340 seconds