corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » very nearly lost a race :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author very nearly lost a race :(
K100RSA

User status: Offline
14th Sep 03 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was on the way home from a day out with the lady, and pulled into the traffic and sat behind this white car with foreign plates, looked very nice, got closer and its a skyline, then read the writing on the back and its some sort of sprint car, evidently its the 0-400m emperor!! whatever that is, he sees my headlight behind him and guns it, so I thought what the hell lets have some fun, he changed gear at just over 100mph and the exhaust shot a bloody great big flame and the back end broke loose, I got showered with gravel and we both carried on going for it, I was starting to worry as was showing 3 times the speed limit on the speedo and he wasnt showing any sign of slowing, then he eased off and I did the same, then caught up with heavy traffic and pulled along side of him, gave each other the thumbs up and he smiled, then points to the writing on the door, it was a list of times etc at the strip, apparently the car is packing 700 bhp, anyone else know anything about it, the reg started with ZZ dont know what country its from but its bloody fast.

oh and I was driving a 1.2 16v corsa LOL nope is 1.2 16V but not a corsa, was on my bike
kerzo

14th Sep 03 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the reg zz is the plates they put on imports until you get it registered over here
R Lee

14th Sep 03 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

700 bhp
you monkey!
K100RSA

14th Sep 03 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh fook that means its here to stay, guess I will get to have fun another day!!
K100RSA

14th Sep 03 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok so if it wasnt 700bhp then why the hell was I redlining 2nd 3rd and 4th gear to keep up with it, and a realistic speed of 145-150, this wasnt on a long road either, this was on a country lane, so what sort of power is required in a car to stay with a 140bhp bike!!

[Edited on 14-09-2003 by K100RSA]
Adam-D

14th Sep 03 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K100RSA
ok so if it wasnt 700bhp then why the hell was I redlining 2nd 3rd and 4th gear to keep up with it, and a realistic speed of 145-150, this wasnt on a long road either, this was on a country lane, so what sort of power is required in a car to stay with a 140bhp bike!!

[Edited on 14-09-2003 by K100RSA]

a fucking lot of it
K100RSA

14th Sep 03 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

too fooking right mate!!! ok so I admit maybe he was lying maybe it was 699 bhp, I have run against most cars etc on the road, and last time the bike went up the strip was a sub 11 second run, havent got the exact details as was a while ago, but would have to be a serious bit of kit to go the way it did..
R Lee

14th Sep 03 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not saying that your lying...
is just that it does sound like a very funny thing... id loved to be there! watching any 700bhp is going to be good, even better up against a bike!
Nismo

14th Sep 03 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

last sunday there was a white Skyline in Weston Super Mare with top secret write on the rear Qtr panels with 3 jap symbols and 700 on the back and that still had Jap plates on , so i know your right , ask cheekycorsa he knows too.
R Lee

14th Sep 03 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not trying to talk you guys down, but when i go to hongkong the jap cars there are fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! exhasuts the size of dustbins and dumpvalves that are loud as fuck!!!! skylines here, there, everywhere... you want to see an evo? round the corner! you want to see a scooby? next street. RX7, SUPRA, NSX, civics, big ass pimped up lexus etc etc

the quality of cars over in japan and hong kong are way better than the quality over here, with the exceptions of norris designs
Nismo

14th Sep 03 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes this is one thats imported from there you nonce still had jap plates on, and top secret badged up ,ill get pics when its next in Weston.
R Lee

14th Sep 03 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good good!!!
i like pictures!
K100RSA

14th Sep 03 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am not too far from weston, about an hour away so very good chance was one and the same, made a few calls and now think I know who owns the car, local lad with far too much money, has a supra turbo thing, exact replica of the green one in F&F, think he has bought it as has recently been importing a lot of camper and people carriers from the far east.

Tony

I am off to get the rest of the engine work sorted for the bike, then a hunting I shall go!! LOL wont be happy until have somewhere in the region of 180 bhp at the rear wheel
Nismo

14th Sep 03 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it was the first time hes been seen in weston and was spitting flames out the exhaust and when he was racing he couldnt get no traction and was spinning up everywhere.
R Lee

14th Sep 03 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wish i had far too much money
i want a 500+bhp car

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » very nearly lost a race :( 23 database queries in 0.3126190 seconds