corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Meets and Events Closed - Regional Forums for event organisation

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Meets and Events Closed - Regional Forums for event organisation
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 03 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please get active in your region.

If you have any input let me know.

Here's to some good events in the future.
Paul_J

3rd Oct 03 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

damn...

Why did you have to do that? I thought it worked great as it was...

People i.e. South central and others were having good regional meets and if there was a Major event you could check 'Meets and events'...

The thing is Ian, people like myself could be classed as several different area's, and not only that - but be prepared to travel to several different area's...

So now I'm going to have to check every single regional forum for a meet, rather than just 2 (central + main meets and events)... tbh I think a lot more people will miss events that even happen, thus the actual CS meets that arn't topped on general chat will lose out because of it! and overall more 'MEET' style posts will be put in General chat as everyone know's regional's are hardly ever checked!

Bad move imo... I don't see any advantage of taking it away.

Paul J
madboutcars

3rd Oct 03 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer bad move Ian
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Oct 03 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

National events are not inside any forum though? Smaller stuff is brought to the front page also? Does this not work?
Mattb

3rd Oct 03 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye canny post on national events......(well i cant any ways)
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Oct 03 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can now Matt.

Paul - I need your input on the fact that national stuff is available before entering any sub forum!
Paul_J

3rd Oct 03 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eh>?

things which are larger than a regional event, yet smaller than a national CS event is now not catered for...

i.e. if someone just wants to post that there is a cruise happening they'd post it in meets and events...

then if I was bored - wondered whether any cruises were happening... I'd go check Meets + events and go oh look there's a cruise I would be able to goto...

Similarily though, our section 'south central' has meets for just us too that I like to goto...

I was not aware there was a 'national events' in the regional forum as I'm sure most wern't aware either, hence doubt many people will check it.

The thing is Ian, its not so much a fact of finding out about a meet, its advertising your meet too.

In the same way when you made this change, you wanted everyone to know about it - you didn't post it in a little thread called 'Announcements' or 'Site Updates' - you posted a big UPDATE at the top of every page, and posted it in general discussion.

This is a wise move for getting people to know about your thing.

Now imagine people trying to organise meets, no one wants to post something in somewhere where no one will check it.

Usually when a meet is set up, you post it in your regional area, then post one in Meets and Events (where it sits) redirecting people to the post in regional. Perhaps closer to the day people then put another post in gen disc pointing to them - however with the traffic in general discussion it disapears fast.

Basically, not many people check regional forums, and if they do - they only do it once a blue moon. I'm not saying people checked meets and events much either - but perhaps because of the facts 'meets and events' was there to click straight away and south central or national events have to click regional forums, then click the national events is why they're not viewed as much by people.

I just don't see why you needed to remove 'meets + events' I thought it worked well as it was.

Paul J
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Oct 03 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone has the ability to post about national events, and stuff like cruises will do inside regions as this is still fairly easy to find and a lot more focussed locally.

My plan was that if people were more commited to their region then organisation becomes easier?

Might it be that events in your region should pop up and stuff? My plan was to make the board know what region you belong to and bring you important info from that region. Might this work?
Paul_J

3rd Oct 03 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh just explored it a bit further... looks a bit confusing that's all...

I know what your saying, just don't know if it'll work correctly... since your looking at a much more 'organised' CORSASPORT meet style thing, where I'm talking about a place where people just dump general things happening that may or may not be related to CS...

I dunno - give it a go, but unless A) people know how it works and B) where it is, it'll struggle to pick up...

As you may know being a forum owner, if a forum doesn't have people viewing it then they will not post, if people don't post people won't bother viewing it... etc.. (deadly cycle continues)

All I'm saying is at the moment regional forums isn't exactly the 'liveliest' area of the site - perhaps because most don't know what its for or what area they are really classed as.

Just don't see why we couldn't of kept both, meets + events for CS events and other stuff... regional forums for Region meets + CS meets only...

I dunno,

Paul J
Kerry

3rd Oct 03 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the reason it wasnt workin anymore in my opinion is kus people dont come where for meets and events anymore they come here to chat
madboutcars

3rd Oct 03 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ur back only joking
Kerry

3rd Oct 03 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i said i would pop back from time to time

im just highlightin the reason i left

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Meets and Events Closed - Regional Forums for event organisation 23 database queries in 0.0297911 seconds