corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just Been Sent This E-Mail And Thought Id Pass It On

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just Been Sent This E-Mail And Thought Id Pass It On
Danny P

User status: Offline
31st Oct 03 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just received the following message from a friend and although it mainly targets females, it could equally apply to men.

Please take the time to read this message - it really is something to remember.

This actually happened to someone's daughter. Lauren was 19 yrs old and in college. This story takes place over the Christmas/New
Year's holiday break. It was the Saturday before New Year and it was about 1.00 pm in the afternoon, and Lauren was driving to
visit a friend. An UNMARKED police car pulled up behind her and put its lights on.

Lauren's parents have 4 children (of various ages) and have always told them never to pull over for an unmarked car on the side of
the road, but rather wait until they get to a service station, etc.

So Lauren had actually listened to her parents' advice, and promptly called No. 112 on her mobile phone to tell the police
dispatcher that she would not pull over right away. She proceeded to tell the dispatcher that there was an unmarked police car with
a flashing red light on his rooftop behind her. The dispatcher checked to see if there was a police car where she was and there
wasn't and he told her to keep driving, remain calm and that he had back-up already on the way. Ten minutes later 4 cop cars
surrounded her and the unmarked car behind her. One policeman went to her side and the others surrounded the car behind. They pulled the guy from the car and tackled him to the ground.........the man was a convicted rapist and wanted for other crimes.

I never knew that bit of advice, but especially for a woman alone in a car, you should not pull over for an unmarked car. Apparently
police have to respect your right to keep going to a "safe" place. You obviously need to make some signals that you acknowledge them (i.e., put on your hazard lights) or call No. 112 like Lauren did. Too bad the cell phone companies don't give you this little bit of
wonderful information. So now it's your turn to let your friends know about No. 112. This is good information that I did not now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please pass on to any females that you know.
vibrio
Banned

31st Oct 03 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would not pull over for an unmarked car untill I was in an area where there was people around
Cybermonkey

31st Oct 03 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

112 i just emergency service number over a mobile?!?
Dom

31st Oct 03 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its american...so i dont think 112 will work over here. You phone 999 i suppose
Cybermonkey

31st Oct 03 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes 112 dials emergency services of the country you are in. 999 for example, will not work in Spain, so you dial 112.

Dave
Dom

31st Oct 03 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
yes 112 dials emergency services of the country you are in. 999 for example, will not work in Spain, so you dial 112.

Dave

I never knew that lol cheers mate
Graham

31st Oct 03 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh its true 112 does work
Gambit

31st Oct 03 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u dont even need to have a sim card in the phone to ring 112
Sam
Premium Member

31st Oct 03 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

999 in the UK, or 112 in Europe.
Cybermonkey

31st Oct 03 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
999 in the UK, or 112 in Europe.

999 in UK, 112 anywhere in the world actually Sam
Gambit

31st Oct 03 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sam u plum!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just Been Sent This E-Mail And Thought Id Pass It On 23 database queries in 0.0095701 seconds