corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » URGENT Help Needed on boot lock badge!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author URGENT Help Needed on boot lock badge!!
Graham

User status: Offline
17th Mar 04 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right ive jus taken off my boot lock surround to spray and ive taken off the vauxhall griffen too, but how do i go about puttin it back on again will the two pins hold it??? any help is appreciated
broster
Premium Member

17th Mar 04 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i put some aleldite(sp) on the pins and one the back of the griffin itself, held mine on ok, make sure the paint is properly dry to as it reacts with the glue if not!
Graham

17th Mar 04 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i will do broster, im gonna start sprayin in a mo jus finished wet and dry sanding down the part and i think ive got enough primer if not off down to halfords wiht no boot lock
Graham

17th Mar 04 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its primed now bakin in the oven for a few mins to dry off, but its going good so i cant wait till the finished result o and the last badge has now come off so its smooth on the back nice one bruva
broster
Premium Member

17th Mar 04 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet, makes a big difference, ill be de-badging my car on friday, iv got a long list to do this weekend while im at my folks!
Graham

17th Mar 04 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha yeh i kno wat u mean, but there are no visible marks even up close so im really happy with that, ill post pics up when ive finished sprayin the boot lock later on, jus tryin to get it really smooth so it dont look odd.
broster
Premium Member

17th Mar 04 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your car is flame res yeah? so when u too kthe badges off the paint was still red? what reg is it?
Graham

17th Mar 04 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a R reg, yeh flame red, well with the rear badges such as Vauxhall and Corsa etc i didnt notice any colour difference at all, but it took a while to get the glue off and i noticed that the colour was comming off too, but once i had got rid of the glue i jus gave it a really good polish and tadaa no marks or noticable difference at all but with the breeze stickers on the side of the car u cud see where it had faded but again polish and altho u can still see it its not as bad.
broster
Premium Member

17th Mar 04 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet cheers mate, mine is a r reg and flame red, will deffo have the badges off this friday then, seems easy
Graham

17th Mar 04 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh, i found a real easy way of gettin the glue off, wipe petrol over it a few times let it soak in then get bug and tar remover and damp that over it, then get a 2 pence coin and put it under a cloth and start scrapin makin sure ure not scratchin the body work works a treat
broster
Premium Member

17th Mar 04 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i use petol on my car to get rid of tar, tis the best way
broster
Premium Member

17th Mar 04 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for that mate, ill let you know how i ge ton lol
Graham

18th Mar 04 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the new back end i kno the boot lock surrounds slightly different colour but thats cos the car has faded so
calidus

18th Mar 04 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good matey thinkin bout spraying my bootlock surround now, whats next on the subtle list? u fort about a different front splitter? have u seen my 16v badges under my side repeaters? they look quite kewl
broster
Premium Member

18th Mar 04 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i found when i sprayed my boot lock that the colour changed after a month, went less orange and more red so it matches my car now
Graham

18th Mar 04 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh hopefully it will with mine, yeh rob im off out now to get the handles off and spray them inside cos its still bloody raining either that or i dont do owt today. Yeh ive seen those 16v badges but mines only a 1.0 12v
Graham

18th Mar 04 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sod that its cold and raining and theres no room in garage to park up so ill leave the door handles for today
broster
Premium Member

18th Mar 04 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, makes a big difference colour codeing the small bits liek the boot lock and boot handles
Graham

18th Mar 04 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i kno, what else really would i be able to do, door handles would mean i would have to take off everything inside to get to them so i cant do that erm......
broster
Premium Member

18th Mar 04 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what esle is there to do, maybe u should stard on the interior?

the run on this is now sanded out lol!

thats what i have done so far, doing the center consol next week now i have no assignments to do for uni

[Edited on 18-03-2004 by broster]
Graham

18th Mar 04 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well jsut cleaned the engine bay, was mucky so its a quick job off to get mothersday pressie now toodles for now
broster
Premium Member

21st Mar 04 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

done it now and looks loads better, needed a bit of t-cut to get colour match back again, only took 20mins to do the lot, next is the bump strips, fit gsi skirts order steiny front lip spoiler fit new engine and ill be off
Graham

21st Mar 04 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i think i may do my bump strips this week, how u doing it? taking them off and back on or leavin them on?
broster
Premium Member

21st Mar 04 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im gunna peal them off and leave them off totally! will look odd with gsi skirts imo
Graham

21st Mar 04 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought u meant spray them, u got a toffee wheel then or u gonna go do like u did with badges, o btw u got pics of it yet?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll