corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Missus just dropped a bomb shell...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Missus just dropped a bomb shell...
Fear

User status: Offline
   7th Nov 04 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...well some may not think its a bomb shell but i do!

Shes a fashion student and wants to do it as a career and that, and im fine with that and dont have a single problem with it!

But we jsut happened to be talking about the kinda job she'd get and that and location came up and she said that she would obviously move to london as its the biggest and main fashion place of england!

The problem is ive never thought of moving more than like 20miles away as i like the area where i live it may not be the most exciting or anything like that but i like it and all my friends and family are here and things like that!

Obviously i wanna go with her and that but i dont know if i want to live in london, never have done!

waynep

7th Nov 04 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont come to london mate its shit i been there 19 years i shud know
Nath

7th Nov 04 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

London is shit and expensive.
Fear

7th Nov 04 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the thing ive never wanted to live in london and never thought id have to but i dont wanna split with the missus either!

I would have to change my whole live really!
waynep

7th Nov 04 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

girls are always the problem in blokes lifes ..
antscorsa

7th Nov 04 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bolox, london best place in country mate, just walking around london is sweet soo much to look at and its true fashion is huge down here. itsa huge palce u aint gota live right in the city i live 20 mins on the train away.
Kris TD

7th Nov 04 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i always thought i wanted too stay living round here, but since the misses went too uni and ive been in chester i decided it didnt matter where i lived aslong as im with her. at the end of the day, mates move on too, you may find your the only one there in a few years anyway. london is probably only a 2 hour drive from you anyway. west london is a really nice place too live.
Nismo

7th Nov 04 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

london is not a good place , i hate having to go up there.
Fear

7th Nov 04 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i can understand that it wouldnt matter where i lived aslong as i was with her its just that fact that id have to change my life quite considerably and ive got a joing mortgage witht he old man so its not as straight forward as it could be!

And im abit further than 2 hours away!
Fear

7th Nov 04 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nath i dont even really like going to Bristol let alone london, i think im a somerset boy and would like to stay that way, wouldnt mind bath maybe!
antscorsa

7th Nov 04 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prob is where i live prob the same as u realy juts im 20 mins n the train away. think about it that its a oppatunity in life to live sumwhere diff not like u will b there rest of ur life.
Nismo

7th Nov 04 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same here , but i relise at some time if i want to further my career then i must move away to some where like that , but im gonna stay in somerset as long as possible.

I could do Bath though
Fear

7th Nov 04 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh obviously gonna have to move away at some point, well more than likely anyway to get a better job etc but i didnt think i would be in as little time as 2-3 years when she finishes uni
corsa5dr

7th Nov 04 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parts of the london area are really nice. My cousin lives in Maidenhead (our side on london) and its a excellent area, and its just less than two hours away by car.

Some of the surrounding area actually reminded me of somerset too

Surely a transfer to another store wouldnt be too much of a problem either if you needed to relocate, you would probably get paid more around london to cover the cost of living too.

You never know she may find a job around this area yet. When does she finish her course?
Sam
Premium Member

7th Nov 04 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

London is too busy for me.
corsa5dr

7th Nov 04 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah 2-3 years, long time yet mate, she may not want to move away by then; as you might be married etc Women are fickle about this kind of thing
Fear

7th Nov 04 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well she didnt seem to impressed when i was abit shocked, she was like i thought you knew this and even said id rather know now than then and is there much point if it wont change!

Yeh a transfer to another store wouldnt be much of a problem but it would mean that i would have no family or friends around!

And id have probably double the mortgage id have here and that!
corsa5dr

7th Nov 04 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But you would have someone to share the mortgage with And depending on what she does within fashion, she could earn a fair bit.

Im sure you would easily make new mates aswell.
Fear

7th Nov 04 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that was the original plan that she makes a stupid amount of money and i just stay at home and play with cars all day etc

i would deffo have to have a look at the areas that were possibles first as the initial thought of london to me means no car and flat in busy area etc
bradfincham

7th Nov 04 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

g.fs come and go mates dont!!

She can commute there its only 1.5 hours on the train, she will never afford to live there unless she coem sout of uni with a very highly paid job!
Im at uni in hatfield and still prefer where i live in the country as i dnt have to worry about everything and everyone looks out for everyone
Dom

7th Nov 04 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havnt read it all mate, but why dont you live just outside london and get her to get the train in? would be cheaper too and you would have a better standard of living
corsa5dr

7th Nov 04 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As i said the Maidenhead area is really nice Not your typical image of London at all.
dave17

7th Nov 04 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats where i live, im right on hte end of a train line that goes to charing x, stops at all stations (about 15) and takes 45min to get into london. u dont need to live IN the city mate, the train connections are good around london. the area i live in is pretty good, in between Bromley and Croydon. croydon is one of the livliest nightlife places to be in the s/east, both towns have good shopping aswel, and bluewater is only 25min away
Joff

7th Nov 04 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa5dr
As i said the Maidenhead area is really nice Not your typical image of London at all.

Maidenhead will be rediculous for house prices.
I lived there for about 14 months and because it's on the Thames Valley corridor you're going to be paying one of the highest living costs in the country.

Saying that, it's a nice train ride into London (Victoria IIRC) and no time at all for the M25.
leeshez

7th Nov 04 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I stayed in london once and boy it was expensive

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Missus just dropped a bomb shell... 22 database queries in 0.6296010 seconds