corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bucket seats

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bucket seats
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Feb 05 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok....looking at buckets for my car, decided that i like the cobra imola.
its supportive etc....
one question:-
its a side mount seat, does this mean it has to stay fixed in one seat, or can you still slide it torwards and back?
jr

26th Feb 05 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant slide as far as im aware, personally i would go for corbeau if you can, as there cheaper and better quality IMO, and if you deal with them direct they will do you a deal
broster
Premium Member

26th Feb 05 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just been told that the side mounts bolt to the original sub frame.....so someone said on mig, ill prob not get the side mounts and make some of my own
jr

26th Feb 05 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they will sit really high though if you do that, like fads do
TOMAS

26th Feb 05 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No they wont JR, Broster you'll have to have a chat with me sometime soon as im just on my way out to leeds in 5 mins but basically I have Cobra Corsa slide subframes and Cobra Suzuka's (FIA Sidemount seats). You just need to fabricate some slats of steel to go between the Cobra Corsa subframes (for Monaco's) and the Cobra sidemounts. Mine slide back and forth and are extremely low to sit in.

Take a peek in my Garage...
jr

26th Feb 05 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if you use cobra sunframes with corsa subframes they will sit high
TOMAS

26th Feb 05 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and if you can, take a trip to Tweeks as they have the whole range of Cobra and Corbeau seats on display - thats where I went to try mine out and due to me being a big bloke ive needed the GT extra wide versions which only JUST fit in the car LOL.

Prob read it wrong, your taking about STD corsa subframes....

Get ya, Cobra subframes are very expensive. TBH unless you really want to be able to slide the seat around or you dont want to cut/weld the corsa floorpan I'd weld the sidemounts straight to the floor pan with a couple of bits of steel, my mates done this is his Corsa rally car.

[Edited on 26-02-2005 by TOMAS]
broster
Premium Member

26th Feb 05 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jr its not a sub frame its a side mount......

spoken to someone off mig, this is how hes done it....

he says its lower than the standard seat. seems to be te way to do it. look easy enough to make up
jr

26th Feb 05 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry the way i understoon it was there was a frame for the seat which you mounted on the orginal subframe

broster
Premium Member

26th Feb 05 at 16:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh bottom mounted seats have this frame you speak of... liek an adapter frame? side mouts seem a little better tho...
jr

26th Feb 05 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes

i just have corbeau frames in mine whch mount directley to the floor, but they dont tilt etc as i dont need that
broster
Premium Member

26th Feb 05 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont need the seats to tilt eather, unless i decide that i want to turn the back of my car into a play pen for kids
jr

26th Feb 05 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TOMAS

26th Feb 05 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks like a good idea Broster that the bloke on MIG's done, think the GT versions may be too wide for that though. My original Corsa subframe snapped, dont ask how, just ask the ex girlfriend - we got a little too carried away and it wasnt funny driving around with a broken subframe until the Cobra ones arrived LOL
jr

26th Feb 05 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this si the only pic i have that shows how low the seat is in relation to the floor

broster
Premium Member

26th Feb 05 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hahaha! nice one thomas, im a skinny fuck so ill go for the normal width ones.... looks rather simple what he did so ill copy that idea....

jr...when you removing the tar sound deadening!?
jr

26th Feb 05 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i get time, i want it all resprayed at the same time though
broster
Premium Member

26th Feb 05 at 16:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah ideally i want mine sprayed.....but cant afford it lol! just cleaning the tar matting takes ages! what have you odont to the loom what goes to the rear of the car? left it?
jr

26th Feb 05 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes as other wise my brake lights wouldnt work

thats all the go to, and the old rear wiper connection
Jas

26th Feb 05 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive bin offered a set of corbeau monaco's brand new for £100... wa do ya'll rekn?
broster
Premium Member

26th Feb 05 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just wondering if its easy to move it the other side f the metal skin thats there? hide it out the way to tidy it up a bit!?

if its just rear lights and speakers ill have a look at moving it later, look like a lot of work mind!...unless you just disconnect it all the way round! may be a job for tomoz?!
broster
Premium Member

26th Feb 05 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jason they are £100 each. not bad if you just want a cheap bucket seat, wouldnt liek to dirve for long in them tho......
loo_goblin

26th Feb 05 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am geeting sum adaptor that connect betwwen the original corsa subframes and cobra seats, ask myke he has already put his in i am still waiting for mine to b delivered
jr

26th Feb 05 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im just going to use the split wire loom stiff in white when i find some to put it all in, will be neat enough then
Jas

26th Feb 05 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

100 each and do u get the rails with em? if you buy them new? im not sure wether 2 get em or not.. yeah i do hear that there uncomertable!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bucket seats 22 database queries in 0.0141928 seconds