corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone who knows nitro r/c cars please

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone who knows nitro r/c cars please
Marc D

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 05 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a HPI RS4 RTR evo 3and yesterday it started playing up. Ive had a look today and discovered that when i accelerate the brake applies but when i brake the brake doesnt move at all. any ideas how im supposed to adjust the throttle linkage? i havent got a clue. its a right fuckwit as i try to accelerate and the car splutters and almost dies i need the brake too

cheers for any help
t_benn_1

22nd Mar 05 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got any pics?
Marc D

22nd Mar 05 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.hpieurope.com/manuals/10006/10006-32.jpg
http://www.hpieurope.com/manuals/10006/10006-31.jpg
3CorsaMeal

22nd Mar 05 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u got the switch back to front on handset, so brake is accelerate etc, can reverse them

can you get an electronic speed controller for the nitro ones? they so much easier
Marc D

22nd Mar 05 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can reverse it but when you accelerate the carb closes. you cannot get electronic speed controllers either
Marc D

22nd Mar 05 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bttt
jr

22nd Mar 05 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the evo 3 is nitro yes

in that case on the trasmitter the chanel reverse swith will be on, what make trasmitter is it, as there will be a channel reverse switch on it someware
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

22nd Mar 05 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc D
you can reverse it but when you accelerate the carb closes. you cannot get electronic speed controllers either

It shouldn't be reversing! will only go forward mate. you put the diff in upside down?? lol

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Marc D

22nd Mar 05 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i meant reverse the throttle and brake. but there both coming on at the same time. theres a little arm thats presses the pads but i dont know how to adjust it
DAYZEE

22nd Mar 05 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the same car. That shouldn't be able to happen? The servo rotates in the oposite direction for brakes than it does for throttle....
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

22nd Mar 05 at 23:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know what you mean now. you just need to take the peice that controls the two rod off the servo. It should be in two sections, one per rod and swap them so that it releases the brake under throttle. do you understand? or shall i post some pics?

Corsa C Z20Let

Marc D

23rd Mar 05 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the rod moves but it doesnt move the arm that presses the brake. ill try putting something on the other side of the arm so that when i press the brake it pushes the arm an doesnt affect it when i accelerate. ive adjusted the rod so that it doesnt move the arm under acceleration. i screwed the end peice right out as it was hitting the arm when i accelerated. cheers for any help
Marc D

23rd Mar 05 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
DAYZEE

23rd Mar 05 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like the nut that is connected to the carb and in turn connected to the servo has come loose. This will cause it to slip round until the carb remains open and the car will not idle properly. If that starts to happen you know where to look....
Marc D

23rd Mar 05 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive tightened it up. the carb opens and closes properly it just doesnt move the brake
Jamie Walby

23rd Mar 05 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant you take it back to your local model shop if your having problems? Mind you its HPI did you buy it from halfords?
jr

23rd Mar 05 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HPI are poo anyway , Yokomo are the forwards
Marc D

23rd Mar 05 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer. bought it from halfords off my brother and he hasnt got a clue. i might take it to the local model shop if i cant figure it out
Jamie Walby

23rd Mar 05 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh mate, my dad has a model shop down here! He gets problems with HPI cars all the time cos halfords dont wanna know once they have sold the car! JR i agree, HPI are overhyped!
jr

23rd Mar 05 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speedmind were also the bollocks when i had one of there cars, proberly best handling car i raced

[Edited on 23-03-2005 by jr]
Marc D

23rd Mar 05 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is my first nitro car. its quite nippy when it actually works. bought a high performance air filter and plan to buy lightweight fywheel, racing clutch and heavy duty final gear set which gives a slightly higher top speed. also goes through tyres in seconds. i mite try stripping the servo, linkage arm and brake assembly then putting it back together see what happens
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

23rd Mar 05 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could sort your problem out in seconds if i was there! i'll try and find some pics of what the linkage should look like.......give me a moment.....

Corsa C Z20Let

Marc D

23rd Mar 05 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks a lot mate. very much appreciated
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

23rd Mar 05 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some pics of linkage here... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19168&item=5965154329&rd=1

or here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19168&item=5964564439&rd=1

But i don't know what chassis you have. They'll be pics on the hpi website, http://www.hpiracing.com i think

[Edited on 23-03-2005 by Sly_SRi]

[Edited on 23-03-2005 by Sly_SRi]

Corsa C Z20Let

Sly_SRi
Premium Member

23rd Mar 05 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you can take pics of it from a birdeye view and u2u them to me i can tell you where your going wrong

Corsa C Z20Let

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone who knows nitro r/c cars please 23 database queries in 0.0119541 seconds