corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Someone drove into my car :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Someone drove into my car :(
Jambo

User status: Offline
   25th Oct 05 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

While driving at motorway speeds!!!

l kid you not. The fact i am alive ls beyond me what ls even stranger ls the only small amount of damage my car sustained! lt is perfectly driveable not even dented, just a massive scrape on rear quarter and arch.

To describe it best we both came off a dual carriage way to a roundabout linking lt to another dual carriage way.

We both went round it side by side, going fairly quickly, as we entered the road i was in right lane her in left in audi a3 1.8t we both accelerated,

upcoming on the left was a slow moving car so she indicated as i was passing her and just swiped my rer quarter with her front wing.

no one admitted fault, i know its her fault as she drove into me, am worried she is going to say otherwise, how am i going to be affected by all this? will my insurance go up?

im pissed off and upset as ive not had an accident in 5years driving

pix 2morrow

[Edited on 25-10-2005 by Ian]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

25th Oct 05 at 23:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After reading the first line I thought you was stationairy!

Bad luck mate

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Phil W

25th Oct 05 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'll both have to sketch what happened.

any witnesses ?
Nic Barnes

25th Oct 05 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if neither of you claim insurance wont go up.

they could probably prove off the scrape that she hit you, maybe......
Butler

25th Oct 05 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to hear that mate, some drivers drive me nuts. ive had it bad today, even old people who think there are the clever ones drive far too slow and cant drive to save there life. at least your ok, could have been alot worse and car sounds barable considering!
Cosmo

25th Oct 05 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should of got the other slow moving car to stop if it didnt anyway.

They should beable to tell from damage that you were nearly all the way past her and she pulled out into you, as why else would her front side, and your rear side be damaged!

Laura_1.416v

25th Oct 05 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I once had a similar incident where a truck pulled into my lane of a dual carriageway & swiped side of my car. He denied liability saying there was room to pull out when he started & i was going too fast some other nonsense about how i should have seen his brake lights! Anyway, I got a solicitor to deal with it for me as the ins companies legal team were useless (wanted to go 60/40 but i wasnt having that). It took 10months in the end but she got it sorted for me. Unfortunately it will affect your renewal if its still in dispute at the time, but hopefully it wont take that long (I'd left mine up to ins companies legal team for 6 months before they came up with the 60/40 thing so solicitor dealt with it in just under 4 mths)
I was lucky as initialy my ins co told me it had been settled and then later decided it was being disputed so when my renewal came through with no ncb & a huge premium I argued this with them and got them to honour my ncb, but i was only able to do that because of their mistake.
I think i was told if its ion disput at the time of renewal you will pay the higher premium but if it turns out not your fault you get the extra back.
Good luck with it, I feel for you, its not fun but find a good solicitor NOW and it should hopefully be over & dealt with very soon.
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Oct 05 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depending the exact circumstance, which isn't clear from your post, she either entered your lane in whcih case its her fault, or you have failed to check her position relative to yours when you have crossed her lane to exit the roundabout? Not sure about the first one but the second one is Highway Code section 163, read it and make sure you're in the right!
RS6

26th Oct 05 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gutted for you

hope u get everything sorted out soon

Andrew

26th Oct 05 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt H

26th Oct 05 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Edd

26th Oct 05 at 06:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry jambo not long after an accident myself which wasnt my fault but the old bastard tried coming the cunt, whats the damage to the other car? is it plain to see that she hit you?
Siberia

26th Oct 05 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its her fault end of! BUTTTT prooving that is another story...
Teddy

26th Oct 05 at 07:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh dude
dna23

26th Oct 05 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tis not good can u go back to the scene and check the road markings .etc to make sure u was in the right....

u gonna get a quote of how much to repair? i take it she's jus got a shagged wingmirror
Blue

26th Oct 05 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking gay She was obviously not taking care

Go and get as many photos as you can of the scene and try and get someone to take pics of the position of your car at the scene etc.

Then get your crayons out and do some diagrams and a posh letter. Process is long and drawn out though. I expect you will find the outcome in about 6-7 months
SJW
Banned

26th Oct 05 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

women drivers, happens all the time her mirrors would have angled on her mush guarantreed, typical women aswell not to admit its there fault, i think she will when she gets back and isnt in the vacinity of feeling embaressed
mwg

26th Oct 05 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like shes in the wrong. Presume its just going to be your word agaisnt hers which could make it difficult to prove she was in the wrong women drivers
ed

26th Oct 05 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unlucky dude...

You should have reported it to the Police if no one accepted liability....
Jambo

26th Oct 05 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have reported to the police who siad as no-one was injured i dont need to and nothing will be done the rest is up to insurance.

To try and describe it clearer:

I was in the right hand lane, on the previous dual carriageway which is where i stayed, untill i was almost infront of her when she idicated, obviously didnt look as i was ALONG SIDE HER and she just pulled into me.

I was just driving in a straight line, i was in my lane as i would have been if she wasnt there, she just drove into me!

I hadnt left my lane, she simply must have forgotten about my car being there. I dont know how she didnt see me as i was alongside her, she was probably looking straight ahead and not checking her blindspot or even having the care to look to the right..

I can allready forsee this shall be a fucking nightmare, no one stopped for us so i have no witnesses. But IMO the only way to sustain the damage i have on the LEFT hand side of my car would be for her to drive into my lane!

And ian thank you for the refernce there, is the Highway code online? As i dont have a copy lying around

still pissed off
Karen

26th Oct 05 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Edd

26th Oct 05 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds pretty cut and dried then its her fault,have you got insurance involved?

[Edited on 26-10-2005 by Edd]
Jambo

26th Oct 05 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no yet. Shes ringing me in a minute going from there really.
iceman

26th Oct 05 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate ill pop over later
Stu

26th Oct 05 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had summat similar in my old Corsa, some knobber in a Vectra GSI did the same but I managed to avoid him. I think people - especially a woman in a turbo Audi (I can picture her now ) dont expect a Corsa still to be alongside them after they have accelerated away pretty hard!

I dont think you'll have a problem tho, clearly her fault and I think it would be difficult for her to prove otherwise!

Tossers!!!!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Someone drove into my car :( 23 database queries in 0.0162649 seconds