corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » UPDATE: PAGE2 It ran for a second ...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author UPDATE: PAGE2 It ran for a second ...
Rob B

User status: Offline
8th Nov 05 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys right fited the new ECU and transponder this morning , car is now cranking i can see the bottom pulley turning, i currently have no alternator belt as im waiting for a tensioner bracket... dont think this would stop it from starting though....Im also waiting on a crankshaft sensor to turn up which is also another reason why i think it isnt starting, however ive been told i need to run a wire from the fuel pump relay that runs down the passenger side over to the thick red/blue on the 1.6 loom can someone just confirm to me i have the right set off wires..

I can see a thick red/blue on these set of wires just want to check there the right ones.

Secondly just wondering where this little hose goes ... i know the one furthest to the left is the brake servo hose the little one is the one im not sure about shown in the picture..

There is also a hole on the little box just next to it im not sure if anything is ment to plug into there if anyone can enlighten me

[Edited on 08-11-2005 by Rob B]

[Edited on 09-11-2005 by Rob B]
Rob B

8th Nov 05 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One other thing i can here a sort of spark noise that comes on for about 2 seconds then goes off for a second then back on etc... this is coming from around the dblias box nearer to the left hand side..
RobHayes

8th Nov 05 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that hose (im guessing you mean the one with the white tape on) goes to the carbon canister thingy in the wing, and needs connecting to a vacuum somewhere. so probaly the bit where you thought.
is that a picture of the fuel pump under the seat? dont think you need to connect there, need to connect before the relay, which are behind the passenger kick panel.
the car wont start without a crank position sensor, as effectively the ECU doesnt know that the engine is turning, and doesnt send the sparks, and also if you havent got the wiring to the fuel pump complete it wont be getting fuel either.
if your still having problems at the weekend and if i can find some fuel, i might be able to come help
Rob B

8th Nov 05 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok cheers mate, i just wanted to locate the rellay to follow it down to the passenger kick panel as you say, and the crankshaft sensor shall be coming tomorrow, so i hopefully want to get everything else sorted today apart from that... so far ive matched up wires

1.2 loom / 1.6 loom

Green / green
Red / Red
Black / Black
Blue/Brown / Blue Brown
Blue/thin red / blue/thin red
White/Brown / White/Brown

Wires left over ...

2x blue red's on 1.2 loom, Brown/red on 1.2 loom, Brown on 1.2 loom and brown/black on 1.2 loom...

On the 1.6 loom i have blue which is temp and tellow brown is for diognostics so there not improtant atm .... The one that i believe i need to wire up to the fuel pump relay is the thick red/blue...

I orignaly had the 2x blue/red's wired up to the thick blue/red which was making that noise behind the dblias box... that noise has now stopped after disconnecting these wires....
RobHayes

8th Nov 05 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where abouts have you got the loom cut? on the 1.2?
the red/blue from the 1.2 leave alone, connect the red/blue from the 1.6 into the fuse box on fuse 26. to try it just push the wire in with the fuse as a temporary fix
Rob B

8th Nov 05 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take it 26 is for the fuel pump relay then ? and i have the 1.2 plug and 1.6 plugs in my drivers footwell close to each other.....
RobHayes

8th Nov 05 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id guess fuse 26 is fuel pump. i read it off haynes wiring diagram though
Rob B

8th Nov 05 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok ill check before i do that then , but its not going to start without me fitting a new crankshaft sensor which should come tomorrow so im just going to get everything ready today for tomorrow when that comes, would the engine still start without an alternator belt, and are you sure the solid brown from the 1.2 loom doesnt need earthing somewhere..
RobHayes

8th Nov 05 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it shouldnt do, as it was earthing the 1.2 ECU, which is no longer there. it could be something to remember if you find something doesnt work though.
the car will start without the belt, but wont run for long as it will just drain the battery.
to check if the wiring works, you should hear the fuel relays 'click' on when you turn on the ignition, and you should be getting power to the fuel pump
Rob B

8th Nov 05 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok then ace Rob thanks alot for the help ill try and get everything sorted today like the alternator belt, and tensioner.. brake servo hose( shouldnt be hard ) also need to mate up the decat to the manifold, apart from that theres not alot i can do until i get the crankshaft and hope the thing starts, if it doesnt ill cry
RobHayes

8th Nov 05 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brake servo hose should be fairly easy, just need a threaded adaptor, not sure on the thread size though, try a few random bolts in it? and then some brake vacuum hose which can be bought from vauxhall off a roll for not alot of money, maybe cost you a fiver
Rob B

8th Nov 05 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah ive got a hose that fits perfect just need the little niple thingy.... need to blank off the secondry air pump aswell just remembered ... wish me luck im sure you will see another help post soon
Siberia

8th Nov 05 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the car deffo wont start without a crankshaft sensor... carefull you dont runn the battery down...

were is the other end of the little hose going?
RobHayes

8th Nov 05 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just remembered on mine i just blocked up the little hose to the charcoal canister. seems to work alright
GTS-T Rob

8th Nov 05 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B

the little hose with the white on it as mentioned, what does it do? mines there and not connected to anything! what is it for?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

8th Nov 05 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still not got it sorted after our chat?

pipe inm the pic is from the caharcoal cannister. connect it to the valve.
GTS-T Rob

8th Nov 05 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pic of where it connects to? and what happens if its not connected?
Robin
Premium Member

8th Nov 05 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rob, i had the same trouble with mine, it was sparking, and turning over, but not firing up

dunno if it will help you, but io unplugged the loom multi plug, and then plugged it in again, making sure it was connected properly, then it fire up forst time

and it will run fine without alternator belt on, just wont charge battery
Rob B

9th Nov 05 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa808
still not got it sorted after our chat?

pipe inm the pic is from the caharcoal cannister. connect it to the valve.

Yes mate the chat helped ....

Hopefully crankshaft sensor will turn up tomorrow, ill put a fire to fuse 26 ( fuel pump ) , and turn the key and fingers crossed the thing will start.
Rob B

9th Nov 05 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
the car deffo wont start without a crankshaft sensor... carefull you dont runn the battery down...

were is the other end of the little hose going?

carefull you dont runn the battery down...

Opps
VegasPhil
Premium Member

9th Nov 05 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gotta buy one of those now?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Rob B

9th Nov 05 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not yet, going to steal my mates battery and use that to try and get it working...
Siberia

9th Nov 05 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put the flat battery in yer mums/mates/random passer by's car and go for a little drive and it will be charged up again...

theres no point in tryng to start the car with no crankshaft sensor connected....
Rob B

9th Nov 05 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a crankshaft sensor now dude fitted it this morning im just trying to work out how to wire up the fuel pump to the 1.6 loom now

EDIT: i know off the 1.6 loom its the thick red/blue and have been told to wire it straight into the red/blue comingfrom the fuel pump...

But ive also been told to do something with a brown/red wire off the 1.2 loom which i was told to connect it up to the fuel pump relay on the 1.6 which i can see a brown/red wire...

Confused ? I am

[Edited on 09-11-2005 by Rob B]
Nick A

9th Nov 05 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much are you paying for your crankshaft sensor???

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll