corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 60 in a 30

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 60 in a 30
matt10i

User status: Offline
20th Mar 06 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My missus got pulled tonight for doin 60 in a 30. She's been driving since december and this is the first time she's been pulled. What could/will happen??
Planty02

20th Mar 06 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm double the speed limit could be big trouble TBH
Mattss Corsa

20th Mar 06 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ban im affraid, she is on a probation for 2 years, 6 points, or more is a instant ban, looses her lisence, has to do it all again another words.
Mattss Corsa

20th Mar 06 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was there any speed camera signs?
Was the copper 400m visable?

Then go on, once u get a summons, then ask is the copper who was using the equipment was trained, was the gun calibrated.

That's how i get off my fines, n points. Hehe
Butler

20th Mar 06 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

60 in a 30 is just stupidity
MikeLamb

Licence, she should count herself lucky its just her licence and she didnt kill anyone.
jamesvalver

loss of licence, points and a fine
Cosmo

20th Mar 06 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

normally double the speed limit is a ban, especially 60 in a 30 which is just stupid as most places are 30 for a reason.

What did the copper give her at the time? If it turns out she is lucky and only gets 3 points then she has to go near enough 2 more years without getting anymore or she'll be banned until she can retake and pass the test...and then be fucked on insurance ever after.
Mattss Corsa

20th Mar 06 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How did she get caught?
I could help you, as i help a few people, there is a book online, called "What every driver should know" And its really helpfull. £19.99 well spent!
matt10i

20th Mar 06 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought so. silly silly girl she is. bit annoyed with myself too, i went another way home, saw the copper and thought fuck shes gunna get pulled. she shudda got home b4 me as soon as i didnt see her car i knew she'd got stopped. grrrrr
Cosmo

20th Mar 06 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattss Corsa
How did she get caught?
I could help you, as i help a few people, there is a book online, called "What every driver should know" And its really helpfull. £19.99 well spent!

and its also called 'What every copper knows'.

There used to be lots of loop holes, but most of these have been stopped now. If its something as serious as 60 in a 30 the police will get you no matter what you try.
Cosmo

20th Mar 06 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by matt10i
thought so. silly silly girl she is. bit annoyed with myself too, i went another way home, saw the copper and thought fuck shes gunna get pulled. she shudda got home b4 me as soon as i didnt see her car i knew she'd got stopped. grrrrr

so he pulled her over? Did he give her a ticket/producer?
Mattss Corsa

Im affraid your wrong there matey
dave17

I got caught doing 59 in a 30. 6 points and fine
matt10i

20th Mar 06 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
normally double the speed limit is a ban, especially 60 in a 30 which is just stupid as most places are 30 for a reason.

What did the copper give her at the time? If it turns out she is lucky and only gets 3 points then she has to go near enough 2 more years without getting anymore or she'll be banned until she can retake and pass the test...and then be fucked on insurance ever after.

yeh this is one of those roads where you think "why is this a 30...". im not condoning it tho. ummm think she just cautioned her and said a summons'll be in the post.....
Cosmo

20th Mar 06 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Im affraid your wrong there matey

Im not saying there arent loop holes anymore, just not lots and lots like people used to use all the time (not signing form, mistakes made on producer form, etc.)
Mattss Corsa

20th Mar 06 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest mate, if it was late at night, and wanst allot of the public walking around, think to yourself, wtf are they doing there, police sit in 30 limited area's due to the public complain about road users cuming flying thro there area, what will they prove late at night? Was it a laser gun? Or a van LTI 20:20 which are supposed to be calibrated everyday, which they arent!!
Carl

20th Mar 06 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i passed a van tonight on a 30 road, its a big wide road that leads to the m1motorway roundabout and hardly anyone does 30 on it, luckily i noticed it being set up on the way there, Do they only do one side of the road too? as there were no markings for it on my side and they had the van parked up at the otherside so you could see the back when travelling in the opposite direction.
It's a killer because you have just come off the motorway so 30 feels like your crawling along.
Mattss Corsa

20th Mar 06 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well to be honest, i didnt think they got you from both sides of the road, but my dads mate got caught doing 46mph in a 30mph limit, and theve got him from behind, which he went passed a mobile safety van on the other side. Ill have to ask me neighbough on that one..... But i thought if they moved the camera in a quick motion it knocks the calibration out, on the gun?
Mattss Corsa

20th Mar 06 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There doesnt have to be road markings, just the correct amount of signs on the pressent road, and as long as there on the road that they catch you on there "LEGAL" Which isnt normally the story with them.......
Carl

20th Mar 06 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
There doesnt have to be road markings, just the correct amount of signs on the pressent road, and as long as there on the road that they catch you on there "LEGAL" Which isnt normally the story with them.......

oh i get you, come to think of it there might be them light camera sign posts on that road although there is definatly no stationary cameras on it.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

20th Mar 06 at 00:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unlucky. If it's a proven 60 then i'd have thought she'll be getting a ban.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Steve
Premium Member

20th Mar 06 at 00:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
To be honest mate, if it was late at night, and wanst allot of the public walking around, think to yourself, wtf are they doing there, police sit in 30 limited area's due to the public complain about road users cuming flying thro there area, what will they prove late at night? Was it a laser gun? Or a van LTI 20:20 which are supposed to be calibrated everyday, which they arent!!

iv never heard so much shite on a stick coppers dont setup speed traps because of public complain they have to have a quota of accidents on that spot b4 they can.

also the police arent gonna send out a random dogsbody to man the camera, of course they will be trained and my force would not send out a camera uncalibrated, whats the point...
Steve
Premium Member

20th Mar 06 at 00:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also a copper with a mobile gun does not have to be in a signed area
Mattss Corsa

20th Mar 06 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame they cant allways prove the calibration results, wonder why that is? Ohh..... You must know

[Edited on 20-03-2006 by Mattss Corsa]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 60 in a 30 23 database queries in 0.0130720 seconds