corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » GTR, Cybermonkey style!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author GTR, Cybermonkey style!
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Jun 06 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I decided to place myself last for this race, its more fun owrking your way through traffic.

Lined up on the grid!

I get the jump on a couple of slower cars going into turn one, going down the straight and breaking hard i managed to pass yet another car or 2.

Almost at the end of lap 1, i can see 19th place just infront.

Still in 20th place, im gunning down the straight, his slipsteam gave me what i needed to pass him safe!

Now on lap 3, i managed work my way up and pass 15th place on the last corner

With the ferrari's occupying 13th and 14th place, i knew one of them had it in for me as i hit him in practise, going in side by side into one of the corners he turns into my rear end sending me spinning..

Managing to keep 15th place, i worked my back up behind the ferrari and he put up a hell of a fight, 2 laps later i find myself staring at his rear end!

Passing both the ferrari;s i find myself behind the no. 51 porsche, and im closing in fast. now side by side i break later and harder than him winning me 11th place.

And then, on that very corner, through no fault of my own the no. 79 coca cola porsche took it alittle too wide and hid beck end stepped out, (notice the angle of front wheels) colliding with me and sending me into the grass..

Back on track, and back in 15th place, i have alot of time to make up.. im just infront of my team mate and 3 seconds down on the car in front!

Close enough... i think not!

On the 2nd to last corner of the lap, i flash my lights, trying to phase him into making a mistake, its a tricky corner this one.

Even tho the flashing of my lights didnt work, i still managed to take him on the last corner..putting me in 14th place, working my way back up to the ferrari's. de ja vou anyone!

Just under a lap to go can i pull 13th place off....no, ferrrari steals it away from me being 0.8 seconds infront.

and that was it.. eventful yet fun!

here are some ics of the porsche i ran in.

chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Jun 06 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Race 2

for this race i decided to use Monza as the track and a BMW Z3M. im not familiar with this car at all so i just thought wat the hell!

We start again at the back of the pack admiring the rear end of the GT3 porsche.

Again, i stamped on the gas and managed to get to 11th place before ancoring onto the breaks!

With my rear end coming very close to the edge, i managed to keep it together and steal 8th place from the porsche.

The 400bhp elises are a total track weapon! they are closing in fast and im doing my best to block them!

With the elise very close i try take some nice lines as not to let him through.

Unfortuntaly the elise has got much better breaking than the bmw so he flies past into the chicane!

The elise has a top speed of 170mph.. thats 5 more than me.. i can see me being over taken again!

Alas, i managed to keep him behind til the corner and he outbreaks me and i follow him tightly through the sweeping right hander..

Oh shit! i accelerate too hard through the chicane so i said hello to my rear as it overtook me!

Because of my spin i have ended up 10th place, and im doing my best to chase the 3 elises..

After a couple of laps i manage to get back to 9th place with an angry porsche very close behind..

Im very close to 8th place now, with 7th and 6th place jsut a nut hair in between...

i finally manage to take him on the straight..

Powering it through the final corner heading towards the start / finish line.

Would u beleive it! too much power again, LAST LAP aswell!

I managed to keep ahold of 7th place.. i stop at my pits and retire for the evening..

Swiftay

29th Jun 06 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

used to have the demo, might have to get the full version though
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Jun 06 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Swiftay
used to have the demo, might have to get the full version though

GTR2 will be out soon, id jsut wait for that
Swiftay

29th Jun 06 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how soon we talkin
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Jun 06 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sept lol

check out www.gtr-game.com
CorsAsh

29th Jun 06 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GTR and GTL are my favourite ever driving sims, out of practice though, only managed a 2.14 at Spa recently
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Jun 06 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
GTR and GTL are my favourite ever driving sims, out of practice though, only managed a 2.14 at Spa recently

in what car, ? thats actually a pretty decent time ..

u tried LFS?
Liam

29th Jun 06 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like a cool game, im downloading the demo now
Swiftay

29th Jun 06 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just seen GT legends, d/l demo now
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Jun 06 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have GTL too, but it runs like shite
Paul_J

29th Jun 06 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just to confirm this was online against real people yeh?
Dan B

29th Jun 06 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Errm, you need to turn shadows on for all cars (if it supports it)......it looks like half of them are floating above the tarmac in some of those pics!
Marc

29th Jun 06 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^

I was going to say this, it looks like they're stuck on.
CorsAsh

29th Jun 06 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh

in what car, ? thats actually a pretty decent time ..

u tried LFS?

My mate recommended it but never bothered really.

Lap time was set in a Ferrari 550

Same mate that told me about LFS set a 2: 09 at Spa

[Edited on 29-06-2006 by CorsAsh]
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Jun 06 at 00:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan B
Errm, you need to turn shadows on for all cars (if it supports it)......it looks like half of them are floating above the tarmac in some of those pics!

yea it does support it it just runs like pap
Rob B

30th Jun 06 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to buy this in a min, and a control pad for the pc, dont fancy trying to play it on the keyboard
Robin
Premium Member

30th Jun 06 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where can i download demos of these? they look amazing
Paul_J

30th Jun 06 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ash you should purchase LFS

The online racing is great fun in that. Problem with GTR / GT Legends is online races are a bit poo, rarely will everyone end up finishing the race.

LFS there's more of a community spirit and everyone helps each other, like helping with car setup's etc or advice on how to drive the track etc.

Real satisfaction in LFS when you win the race and everyone's asking you for your setup (because they assume they can be as good as you, just from a simple thing like setup ) I also prefere the driving model of it, unlike GTL which is hard to recover once a car is about to spin, LFS you really feel in control of the cars.

LFS is hard to get used to at first and you'll spin a lot - but (easier with a wheel imo) once you get used to it, you find yourself getting quicker and quicker, correcting the car better - catching the slides etc.
Paul_J

30th Jun 06 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might as well pic whore it a bit with LFS screenies (ps I've played all 3, all have their good and bad points).

Offline Racing against computer opponents is so lame. Nothing beats racing against REAL people.

The one thing I like about LFS is the customization, you can completely customise your setup (and it does make a big difference, especially fine tuning it to your own driving style) - but you can do things like make your own spray paint job on your car and stuff which is cool.

Some people like setups that are completely loose, rear end slides out easy as - lots of turn in, but it's quite hard to drive and will wear tyres out quicker.

Other people like setups that are solid and stable, lots of understeer, rear toe in etc, but then they are slower.

It's all about tweaking it to your driving style etc. Too much Downforce = slower down straights etc.
Cybermonkey

1st Jul 06 at 06:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cybermonkey style
CorsAsh

1st Jul 06 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is LFS the one you download and then pay to unlock it? Something like that?
CorsAsh

1st Jul 06 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's mine on my hot lap, bless

[Edited on 01-07-2006 by CorsAsh]
Liam

1st Jul 06 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive played the demo im rubbish
CorsAsh

1st Jul 06 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only ever play on Simulation, got a Momo force feedback wheel and pedals so it's pretty engaging. Can't do it with joystick/keyboard.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll