corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Impreza WRX

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Impreza WRX
corsa5dr

User status: Offline
21st Jul 06 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was consdering picking one of these up in a few months as there are quite a few low mileage examples on Autotrader for around 4500-5000

Does anyone know the approx 0-60 and 0-100 times of an Import WRX 256bhp (I think) model?

Those who own them- how many miles do you get to a full tank, driving relatively sensibly? What kind of service intervals do they have?

Cheers

Oli

[Edited on 21-07-2006 by corsa5dr]
corsa120

21st Jul 06 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im about to do esact same thing m8

fuel can get as low as 20mpg but upto 27-28 sensibly, from being on few scooby websites owners seem to love them and most say best car thay have owned.

im personally am going to go for 2001-02 newer shape, most hate it but i think it grows on you

as for servicing ur loking at 450-500 but im unsure of the intervals etc at this time
AK

21st Jul 06 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oil should be done every 4k miles.

0-60 for a classic WRX will be in the 5's

fuel - if your heavy, it'll drink. They arent that bad, but dont buy if your thinking it'll be like a 1.0 micra or something

With my 300bhp STi TypeR (standard) it can get about 280 miles to a tank (45quid i think)
corsa5dr

21st Jul 06 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers AK. Obviously they are quick to 60 because of the 4WD but how is the acceleration from 60-100. Does the power drain off at that speed?

280 miles to 45 quid isnt that bad really.
AK

21st Jul 06 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

power does die down a bit as the turbo gets out of its efficiency range spinning away so fast.

60-100 - isnt slow, but depends on gear etc.
Ry_B
Banned

21st Jul 06 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK

Oil should be done at 4k on most cars TBH
scoob
Premium Member

21st Jul 06 at 16:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Subaru Impreza WRX

1995/N, Championship White, 17" Gold alloys, Adjustable sports suspension, STi6 rear wing, front spoiler, side skirts with GGR extensions, Greddy boost guage, Turbo Timer, Stunning example!

Price: £4995

loved mine
Jay

21st Jul 06 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sick that
corsa5dr

21st Jul 06 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks ace
CORSA NUT

21st Jul 06 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love mine
JadeM
Premium Member

21st Jul 06 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Petrol hits the pocket hard on these cars, I was shelling out around £80 a week to do the 40 mile round trip to work every day, jaunt to the burds twice a week & some fannying around at weekend. If thats going to be a problem dont bother!!
SetH

21st Jul 06 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont get one they suck and get blown away by CTR's
Ry_B
Banned

21st Jul 06 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
get blown away by CTR's

What doesn't?
Xs

21st Jul 06 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK

0-60 for a classic WRX will be in the 5's

fuel - if your heavy, it'll drink. They arent that bad, but dont buy if your thinking it'll be like a 1.0 micra or something

With my 300bhp STi TypeR (standard) it can get about 280 miles to a tank (45quid i think)

280miles id love that

i managed 220 from my evo and that has a 55litre tank with trips on the motorway lol i always thought the subaru's were more or less the same in mpg!

when your going to buy one i advise going to look at a few of them and checking sidc or scoobynet for advice on what to look for

p.s try stretch your budget to a 98 onwards!! the dashboards are much nicer
AK

21st Jul 06 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what?

brakes are shite on them as standard

well, not shite.... but not the best
SetH

21st Jul 06 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree with adam, sorry but the brakes suck, even with uprated discs/pads my car is well underbraked tbh. Ive got new age 2 pots to go on rear and getting 4 pots up front also.

As for handling, again disagree, an impreza is not THAT great a handling car, it gets away with it due to having very high levels of grip and the low slung boxer engine helps lower centre of gravity.

I previously had an STi 4 and thats a much harder more focused car then a WRX in terms of handling/braking. If you can extend your budget to an STi V 4/5 then good idea if you want to keep standard.

I only bought the WRX i had now due to the engine & transmisson spec and the superb overall condition the bodywork etc is in, puts cars half its age to shame. Im spending quite a bit on the chassis though to get it to handle/stop.

I wouldnt buy a standard WRX imo, get a 'properly' slightly modded one of budget for an STi imho.

[Edited on 21-07-2006 by SetH]
AK

21st Jul 06 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the 4 pots upfront, 2 pots on the rear..... and the wee 205 puts its brake to shame big style after a lap on track....

They work ok but fade oh so fast....
SetH

21st Jul 06 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but fade is down to the pads surely?

hoping to do some track days before end of summer season, undecided on compound as of yet as i use it for daily drive atm.

would love some 6 pot AP`s but you looking at £1200 ish??
SetH

21st Jul 06 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think AP did a road kit for their 6 pots, calipers all sealed etc and thats even more £££
AK

21st Jul 06 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1100 for brakes....phew.

Mind and use a full tank of petrol

Ours suffers quite badly from fuel surge even with half a tank (very tight/fast corner though)
SetH

21st Jul 06 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you do well to get 280 miles to a tank though m8, especially with that box

And seems there is no cheap way to decent brakes unfortunately, the godspeed kit that spaces out the calipers to take bigger pads/discs is £650 inc the disks/pads, refurbed 4 pots are £300 from APi so thats nearly a grand, might as well go AP for that money.

Think ill just end up getting normal subaru 4 pots and try get the pad choice right.
CORSA NUT

21st Jul 06 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get about 220 miles to a tank that's about £45 Lucky i don't ever have to drive far!

Oh and PMSL at the brakes comment Mine are usless..mind you mine has ABS and my old one never and they are slightly better now.

Agree with the comment about getting a post 98 model as they are a lot nicer..ie front bumper..interior etc.Best i'd say is a well looked after slightly modded UK model and pay the most you can
Jules S
Premium Member

21st Jul 06 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You and I have been here before havent we SetH

TBH I dont know enough about scooby stuff cos its obvious you've done your homework...but i will offer the vx220 side of stuff

Our discs dont need 'upgrading' most upgraded (read cross vented/drilled) discs seem to warp under hard use.

Pads? Pagid first option (expensive/squeal like fook) mintex second

Ive now got mintex 1144's on mine and im REALLY happy.

Im running AP dot 5.1 fluid as well....very happy with that, very little fade if any
SetH

21st Jul 06 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heard that cross drilled can crack from heat on track use also? thus better just to go for grooved i guess.
Jules S
Premium Member

21st Jul 06 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
heard that cross drilled can crack from heat on track use also? thus better just to go for grooved i guess.

Nope.....plain old plain discs with no fancy bits seems to be the way forward..

Good pads (pagids) and good fluid that doesnt boil is the way forward

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Impreza WRX 22 database queries in 0.0128238 seconds