corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » c20xe performance in a corsa b???????

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe performance in a corsa b???????
davey99

User status: Offline
31st Aug 06 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, im quiete new here,so hello everyone,joined up on the look out for an xe'd or maybe a let'd corsa,was just wondering what the performance is like,what kind of cars does it perform like ie type r(k20) or as fast/faster?
Robin
Premium Member

31st Aug 06 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

welcome btw
Eck
Premium Member

31st Aug 06 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look in classified dude, there is tons
Tom N

31st Aug 06 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can only speak for a c20xe, but if the engine is properly serviced etc and running right, they should be as fast as a clio 172/182 in a straight line
corb

31st Aug 06 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh, hello by the way. xe'd corsa are great fun, vts, gti, type r etc. i have a let and its very fun, when i drive it!!
davey99

31st Aug 06 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the welcome all,i had a 2.2 vectra sri and just want a small fast car again and must be a vaux,my 147bhp vec was'nt bad but was just tooooo heavy,so is the let insane in a corsa?would the xe only be similar performance to the vec?
Robin
Premium Member

31st Aug 06 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

20xe in a corsa would be a fair bit quicker than a 2.2 Vec.
SportBoy

31st Aug 06 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing in it flat out but corsa is quicker getting there
davey99

31st Aug 06 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers all,does anyone on here have any reliability problems with the c20lets?any common probs/faults?
Robin
Premium Member

31st Aug 06 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same as most turbo engines, they're fine if you look after them, but if you abuse them, they go bang.
Rich_J_Williams

1st Sep 06 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when mine was an XE i absolutly wasted thrust SSC..................... i later took the land speed record on the a45 between coventry and birmingham!! I did however get a letter of the police saying....... "you were 694mph in a 30mph zone, this is three points and a £150 fine, oh yes and you are now in the guiness book a records"
mav

1st Sep 06 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thread split

DO a search there is alot of topics on this..

My XE was great fun,I loved it..Not the fastest car out there but will put a smile on your face....150bhp 0-60 around 7 secs...there or there abouts.
Rich_J_Williams

1st Sep 06 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

much more reliable than the let aswell!
Tom N

1st Sep 06 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with mav, there are faster cars out there definatley, but the xe's seem to be very raw, nothing refined about them, they just go and sound ace
R16AN H

1st Sep 06 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich_J_Williams
much more reliable than the let aswell!

and this lad would definatly know
davey99

1st Sep 06 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what kind of cars will an xe'd corsa compete with?
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

1st Sep 06 at 15:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just brought an xe corsa, loving the power! Makes me think you wouldn't want anymore power than that in a corsa! Compared to all the other hot hatches in its class its the quickest pretty much.

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Steve
Premium Member

1st Sep 06 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davey99
what kind of cars will an xe'd corsa compete with?

106gti/saxo VTS
Steve
Premium Member

1st Sep 06 at 15:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sly_SRi
I've just brought an xe corsa, loving the power! Makes me think you wouldn't want anymore power than that in a corsa! Compared to all the other hot hatches in its class its the quickest pretty much.

this statement is utter tosh,

you cant say its the quickest in its class because its modified, and evn then its still not the quickest
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

1st Sep 06 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:

you cant say its the quickest in its class because its modified, and evn then its still not the quickest

Obviously its modified, but its still the quicker than any standard hot hatches in its class...he's asking what cars it'll beat...so obviously he's talking about standard cars. What hot hatch is quicker?

Corsa C Z20Let

davey99

1st Sep 06 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so am i better off buying a 106gti/vts??
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

1st Sep 06 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only a highly modfied 106 gti would keep up..

Corsa C Z20Let

Steve
Premium Member

1st Sep 06 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Obviously its modified, but its still the quicker than any standard hot hatches in its class...he's asking what cars it'll beat...so obviously he's talking about standard cars. What hot hatch is quicker?

standard? clio 182 trophy, pulsar gt, its no quicker than a 106gti/vts, punto GT etc etc

but if you want to start saying "in its class" youve gotta start comparing it to similarly modified cars
Steve
Premium Member

1st Sep 06 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
only a highly modfied 106 gti would keep up..

a std 106 gti qould keep with it
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

1st Sep 06 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

standard? clio 182 trophy, pulsar gt, its no quicker than a 106gti/vts, punto GT etc etc

but if you want to start saying "in its class" youve gotta start comparing it to similarly modified cars

Yea, fair enough you should really compare it to modified cars, but when your driving about on the road, most of the cars you meet are standard so i'm guessing he wants to know what it would be quicker than. A pulsar is in a bigger class of car like Astra, Seat leon, Civic etc. (thats the way i see it anyway)

Corsa C Z20Let

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » c20xe performance in a corsa b??????? 23 database queries in 0.0164449 seconds