corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my corsa through the years.......56k lot of pics :)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my corsa through the years.......56k lot of pics :)
M2RTY

User status: Offline
8th Dec 06 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

........as I am bored

my little green Corsa started out in life as this in 1995:

as you see it is PROPER poverty spec, not even a rub strip in sight!!

in 2001 I bought it after a drunken night out and woke up with a picture of it in my pocket.......NEVER BUY A CAR THIS COLOUR AFTER A FEW DRINKS - anyway it looked shite when I bought it, but the colour kept me wanting to buy it even though it had venoms, stick on tat, red dash bits and max power window wipers i still saw potential in it......

the day i bought it:

had stieny skirts, clear lights, fully colour coded, dtm exhaust etc, chrome m3 mirrors, a 17 year olds dream at the time!

now spending 3k on a car at 17 is quite a lot of money, and I wanted to look after it and take things easy, so the week i took my dads welder and tried to smooth the boot! talk about starting at the deep end! I had no car experience at all, but seen a few smoothed boots at the time and decided to give it a go (still has not cracked to this day!!!)

bought a spray gun, some paint, tinted the lights as I had not seen this done before, and removed all the crap as i wanted to go for the smooooth look (also not the black B pillar, a mod that i still have not seen done before and I think made the car look soooo much better side on)

i always wanted a van but they did not do a Corsa van in mint green, so after a few drinks one night i decided to make my own . It took some work to rip the rear windows out, cut and bend some plate to fit and weld them in, but I knew I wanted to be different so did it anyways. Took some doing and had to prop the car off the house wall to hold the panels in whilst the silicon seal was setting as my clamp wasn’t big enough!! mad

also note the red power drums! nice

so we were getting a lift home from the pub one night and i saw a smashed up bumper at the side of the road. Being 18 and skint i told my mate to pull over and i had a look what it was off - a vectra! I chucked it on the back seat and took it home, i had some mad idea i would flip it upside down and use it as a rear bumper add-on for my car!! also had to buy a new exhaust as the old one fell off. peco power master, cost me £60 - best exhaust i have ever seen, was still on the car the day I sold it 5 years later!!

not sure where this bumper ended up, might be in my garden somewhere still! i got a good reaction to making something myself back in the day

a while after that I bought some 16" multi spokes, then bought the same wheels again in 17s a few months after. a mate of mine had a red Corsa with a full kit on it that he smashed. I bought the bits off him cheap, fixed them up and put them on my car. swapping steinmetz skirts for combat? I must be mad lol! welded the door handles up one day too as i bought some solenoids from a local car alarm shop. had a concept 600 fitted too, removable steering wheel (custom made bracket) and all sorts of other stuff like big brakes etc. i just wanted a change of seen........

i can not remember the list of custom work i done, must be 100 little bits here and there like smooth the ridge in the m3 mirror arms and make them flushed to door etc etc. was good fun at the time! never again!

i then got bored one day and decided to see what it would look like if i cut the holes out of the bonnet. it looked good in my head so i did it and then filled the gaps between the two skin and meshed it up. smart. still looks good now, i did this at the same time another guy did it (i had not seen his before) so i was pretty gutted. another free mod I pinched some golf side repeaters from a mate and cut my wing to fit them, again not seen this done before and it looked smart! added single wiper, 406 washer arm, fogs in front bumper, gsi window, bucket seats and CLEAR DIALS! the only set i ever made - i could have sold them 100 times over. insides were 1/2 sprayed green and chrome, saxo spoiler added (loved that spoiler) and stripped the rear out.

fast forward a bit

sat on CS one day and some nutter had fitted astra lights to his corsa and was splitting it. he was having trouble selling the front end for £500 as it took a hell of a lot of work to do and wire in properly. after seeing the ad everyday for a few weeks i decided to buy the lot (it was purple hence the purple bonnet) i live in Darlington, he lived in Saffron Walden (sp) it was about 600 mile round trip with a trailer on, took 16 hours or so but was worth it

was the only corsa with astra lights in the uk at the time, and my mate had 306 lights so we looked good together, this was when headlight conversions were rare

because the car was dark purple there was not noticeable panel gaps. paint it green, and it looked a mess. it would have been easier to start from scratch but I made it fit 100 times better over the next year. bought some dtm mirrors and new alloys (1st set in country at time, love them wheels) and some other crap.

i had all the front end sprayed green to match, it looked amazing - just how i wanted it! i then decided to put some ICE in and TVs. I had not bothered much with this area as it was costly and everything I had bought for the car so far was 2nd hand or cheap as i worked at ripspeed for 2 years when at uni.

i had all the insides sprayed green (full dash out job, EVERY panel resprayed inside - NEVER again - was sooo many wires to sort out!! bought some coilovers too so it sat how i wanted it

after a few months again I was bored. I wanted a new look for 2004 so decided to give it a bit of an update. Black and green was the theme. I went for black windows again, black alloys, black lights (clear ones with black lacquer to go very darkkkkk) and rear disks (simple to do!) plus a few other bits

ICY did me a photoshop and i spent a week making it look like it: the result:

add private reg: (peco still there )

rear disks before putting new ones on:

its TRUE colour - it looks like this in real life:

so I had it how i wanted it for now.

I started doing more custom work, here are a few examples:

Custom made dissy block outlet in coin holder (all functional) and the centre consol was on a hinge to get to the fuse box i had fitted under it

clear 12 o'clock reverse dials with Vauxhall hologram:

some snazzy dtm mirrors with a hell of a lot of work done to them:

dials lit up, PC in glove box, 7" touch screen flushed into dash (hinged with heater controls behind), PC trackball gear knob (only one in world i made) and custom speaker pods and LED switches I made:

pc in the dark running winamp, custom switches in ash tray:

omega interior light and light up mirrors:

then after all this I was bored again, but decided to move on instead of spending thousands on redoing it again. I sold it last year to a 16 year old who did a bit of work on it, then sold it and its been sold again since then!!

i was gutted when it went, i sold it to buy a bmw but i didn’t need the money from it in the end, i tried to buy it back as it was my 1st car but the lad had sold it

the only thing i regret is not putting a 2.0 in and having it featured. i was stupid not to do it

so now this sits on my drive:

i cant go to the scrappy to get bits for it, chop holes in it, rip the insides out or spray anything on it (yet ) so i also bought another Corsa as a toy and a new shape Corsa for work. Ive also got another one coming next week which I want to strip out

so thats it, the history of my little car

there was not one panel on the car that had not been touched, even the ariel was removed and smoothed. i never once paid anyone to do any of the work and I think that’s how it should be.

martyn

[Edited on 08-12-2006 by M2RTY]

[Edited on 08-12-2006 by M2RTY]
Cupra Steve
Banned

8th Dec 06 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck about, that was pretty mad. i love the dials!!!! venoms??? i remember seeing those on nearly every car in fast car in the 90's when they used to ps loads of wheels on 2 diff cars!!!
M2RTY

8th Dec 06 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i bought it with venoms.

all i can say is you learn from your mistakes
STEvieXE

8th Dec 06 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i loved that car so much for the individuality and the crazyness. saw it at max power live in the car park in 02 or 03. crazy... shame u sold it mate...
jr

8th Dec 06 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of my favorite corsa ever,, simply as it had so so much work done and all by you marv

not all to my taste but still amazing

ive seen 2 other clear dials, both made by lee mitchell, who was gonna take out a copyright or something on them

remember seeing it at max power with a dent in the roof from where you had sat on it all day ?

and alos remember you masking off the whole car to spray the bonnet still on the car iirc

pc in it was spot on as well, think you were mad for not having it featured though
Cupra Steve
Banned

8th Dec 06 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol!!!!!

i can't believe you done it all yourself, you got skills!!!
Fad

8th Dec 06 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr

Agreed

quote:
Originally posted by jr

ive seen 2 other clear dials, both made by lee mitchell, who was gonna take out a copyright or something on them

I do belive he still has the copywright
bradgsi

8th Dec 06 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That track ball gear knob is a fantastic idea.
M2RTY

8th Dec 06 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
One of my favorite corsa ever,, simply as it had so so much work done and all by you marv

remember seeing it at max power with a dent in the roof from where you had sat on it all day ?

and alos remember you masking off the whole car to spray the bonnet still on the car iirc

pc in it was spot on as well, think you were mad for not having it featured though

ahh yeah remember lee made a set thinking about it but didnt ever see them

yeah i had the dents pulled out and roof resprayed afterwards, my dad asked how it happened and i said some one ran over my car. he rang me from an airport in spain on his way home from holiday the following month.......his plain was delayed and he picked up a copy of max power a lad next to him was reading..........had a flick through it and theres a pic of me sunbathing on the roof at max power live! he laughed at it!!

the bonnet would not come off the car easy as i rounded off the bonnet strut bolt (them chrome ones pvd sold) so i thought fuck it just spray it on the car! i was home alone too and no one was about to help me lift it off lol. that was wen it went black, was bored after 2 weeks and it went green afterwards lol
M2RTY

8th Dec 06 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have over 1100 photos of my car in bits, thats pretty cool.

jr

8th Dec 06 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats pretty good actully

lees clear dials will be seen one day agin when his car is finished

i remember the phtotshop with the celica front end, that i printed off at school and still with the pics of my car when i first bought it

and your plans to put golf side repeters in the corner of the skirts
M2RTY

8th Dec 06 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
thats pretty good actully

lees clear dials will be seen one day agin when his car is finished

i remember the phtotshop with the celica front end, that i printed off at school and still with the pics of my car when i first bought it

and your plans to put golf side repeters in the corner of the skirts

bloody hell you have a good memory!

yeah i wanted 2 sets of golf side reps in the side skirts as I have never seen it done before, would look good when dark i think. never did do it, moved them to mirrors when i was playing about with LEDs, wish i did it now, even if it was only for 6 months lol
jr

8th Dec 06 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like i said, when i joined up here your car was the one
betrayed

8th Dec 06 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's spending cash on a car m8!!
you should have been red topped her to finish it off though

that pc in the car is amazing but mad all at the same time
Jamie

8th Dec 06 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still love it to this day

I remember joining CS and you car was one of the only "project" corsa's going about not to mention all teh crazy custom shit you were doing every other month
shane_o

8th Dec 06 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my m8 bought this a while back i think and sold it on the other day ill get a pic of it as he had it
Nismo

9th Dec 06 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this car started so many ideas, i remember all the posts with everything done on it , ah the good old days!
Novaneil

9th Dec 06 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair play mate! You've done a lot of hardwork on that.
MikeE

9th Dec 06 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

amazing workmenship and care gone in to this car. i hope the new owner looks after it
LAMM13

9th Dec 06 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is beautiful the interior, the exterior and the interior again are all works of art who did your centre consol?

edit - sits well too

[Edited on 09-12-2006 by LAMM13]
M2RTY

9th Dec 06 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did the console, had 3 different ones and ended up with this one
M2RTY

9th Dec 06 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shane_o

9th Dec 06 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.cruise-asylum.co.uk/forum/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=14

as it was up until a couple of weeks ago
M2RTY

29th Dec 06 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can someone please move to project + builds
STEvieXE

29th Dec 06 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i also had a peco powermaster the same as that. wa son my car easily for 4/5 years before mine broke..

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my corsa through the years.......56k lot of pics :) 23 database queries in 0.0162759 seconds