corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Mascherano Interview, intresting

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mascherano Interview, intresting
jr

User status: Offline
31st Dec 06 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mascherano Interview

Interview from Sur de Argentina:

Interviewer:
Hello Javier, congratulations on almost making the 17th spot in the squad for the weekend game against Man City, can you expand a bit more on how life has been at West Ham in the past 5 months?

Javier:
Well directly after the World Cup it was a difficult time because I had to sort out a contract dispute with Corinthians, but as soon as I knew West Ham were interested I jumped at the chance to improve my skills as back up to Nigel Reo-Coker and Hayden Mullins.

Interviewer:
Did you not expect to be in the first team by now?

Javier:
My objective was to be in the first team by now, but when I came here I saw the strength-in-depth that West Ham possess with the likes of Christian Dailly who is a defender by trade, but can also play in the holding role, so I can only work hard in training and then wait for my opportunity.

Interviewer:
But you are a regular in the Argentine National team at 22, so this West Ham squad must be very talented if you are not in the squad. Can you tell us a little bit more about the midfielders in the squad?

Javier:
Well there is Matty Etherington on the left, he has pace to burn and is strong in the tackle, always gets to the touchline and whips in some fantastic balls. He reminds me of Kily Gonzales.

Then there is Hayden Mullins, he is in the mould of Diego Simeone, good feet, great sideways passer and never gives the ball away.

But the fans favourite is Nigel Reo-Coker, a born winner. His strengths are running with the ball and the timing of the pass, has energy to burn and works his socks off. He is a big match player.

Interviewer:
So can you tell me why you have not made the squad when there have been injuries and suspensions?

Javier:
Well I have been out injured for most of the season. Firstly I had to be quarantined through fear of passing on rabies to the squad after I was bitten by Jermain Defoe, and just as I have started to look better in training I sustained this mysterious ankle injury which kept me out of the weekend game.

Interviewer:
Do you see your future at West Ham with the likes of Juventus interested in your services?

Javier:
I am interested in the Liverpool offer because I think I have a better chance of making it in their first team with Garcia, Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko, Gonzales, Zenden, Pennant and Harry Kewell all competing for places. I feel I have something to offer. But perhaps it might suit me better to drop into the 2nd division in Italy because I am still 22 and I need to play every week to develop into a truly world class midfielder. But I am enjoying the competition for places at West Ham and my goal is to make the subs bench.

Interviewer:
But Maradona has a very high opinion of you and once stated that he thought you were the best young player he had seen.

Javier:
Yes but it was easy playing at River Plate and Corinthians, the Olympics and the World Cup, I was a big fish in a small pond and now at West Ham I am surrounded by quality players, I will just have to keep working hard and my opportunity will come.

Interviewer:
Thanks for your time Javier and good luck for the rest of the season and let's hope for another good cup run for West Ham.

Javier:
Thanks.
shawboy

1st Jan 07 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he will be off soon
MarkM

1st Jan 07 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr

Interviewer:
Do you see your future at West Ham with the likes of Juventus interested in your services?

Javier:
I am interested in the Liverpool offer because I think I have a better chance of making it in their first team with Garcia, Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko, Gonzales, Zenden, Pennant and Harry Kewell all competing for places. I feel I have something to offer. But perhaps it might suit me better to drop into the 2nd division in Italy because I am still 22 and I need to play every week to develop into a truly world class midfielder. But I am enjoying the competition for places at West Ham and my goal is to make the subs bench.

This has got to be a joke hasnt it?

He is shite and would be behind Gerrard...Alonso AND Sissoko in central midfield as thats his position...he would also never be played on the wing as thats not what he is suited to...to say he has a better chance of getting into the Liverpool first team than West Hams is fucking funny!!!

What a c0ck

jr

1st Jan 07 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH mark i think he's spot on
J da Silva

1st Jan 07 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Mascherano is better than all of the midfielders at WHU, good players need to be surrounding by good players to in order to play their own style, have an understanding of the way each other play, it would be better for Javier and Carlitos to get out of West Ham and go to a bigger club, let West Ham get on with things with their home grown players, because they were a far better/organised team last year.
Hammer

2nd Jan 07 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That interview never actually took place or if it did it has been mis-interpreted
Russ

3rd Jan 07 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the defoe bit made me spit tea at my monitor
Jamie Walby

3rd Jan 07 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
quote:
Originally posted by jr

Interviewer:

Javier:

He is shite and would be behind Gerrard...Alonso AND Sissoko in central midfield as thats his position...he would also never be played on the wing as thats not what he is suited to...to say he has a better chance of getting into the Liverpool first team than West Hams is fucking funny!!!

What a c0ck

Marc

3rd Jan 07 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
Interviewer:
Hello Javier, congratulations on almost making the 17th spot in the squad for the weekend game against Man City

Yeah, well done
nik

3rd Jan 07 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rabies? TRhe greasy spik probably has worse than that anyway. Defoe should get checked out IMO.
MarkM

3rd Jan 07 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funny that...blatant fake interview...

MarkM

3rd Jan 07 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
TBH mark i think he's spot on

The Gerrard final 2006
MarkM

3rd Jan 07 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jr

Interviewer:

Javier:

What a c0ck

The Gerrard Final 2006
Tiesto

3rd Jan 07 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obviously a wind-up (i hope)
Jamie Walby

4th Jan 07 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jr

Interviewer:

Javier:

What a c0ck

The Gerrard Final 2006

It was more the fact you seemed to be taking what is clearly a wind up to heart.
jr

4th Jan 07 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and clearly thinking that one man made the FA cup final, your proberly the same person that thinks if your a decent player you get an MBE

[Edited on 04-01-2007 by jr]
Jamie Walby

4th Jan 07 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jr, do you have your flame suit to hand?
Nath

4th Jan 07 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve is selling his I think, flamesuit I mean.
jr

4th Jan 07 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ready and waiting
mav

4th Jan 07 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can't believe ppl think that is a real interview
jr

4th Jan 07 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

neither could i
Marc

4th Jan 07 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You mean its a fake?
RyanSxi

4th Jan 07 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 1st line rang alarm bells for me:

"Hello Javier, congratulations on almost making the 17th spot in the squad for the weekend game against Man City"

Marc

4th Jan 07 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah
Nath

4th Jan 07 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also:

'I jumped at the chance to improve my skills as back up to Nigel Reo-Coker and Hayden Mullins'

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Mascherano Interview, intresting 23 database queries in 0.0129318 seconds