corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Arsenal Fans - Noclas Anelka...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arsenal Fans - Noclas Anelka...
Robbo

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 07 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has claimed that he would like to re-join Arsenal... thoughts?? IMO he is still decent enough to get into our squad!!!
--Dave--
Banned

23rd Jan 07 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He is on fire at the moment and I for one would welcome him back.
Robbo

23rd Jan 07 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't necessarily want to pay for him but he was always a great finisher... and a fox in the box stylee player!
Hammer

23rd Jan 07 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole, he's done this at every single club he has been at, including Arsenal first time around. He uses foreign media to manipulate moves to other clubs when he gets bored where he's at.

He's found his level, i'd have Van P, Henry and Adebayor before him any day.
--Dave--
Banned

23rd Jan 07 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

swap him for Alialialialiadireialidire
Hammer

23rd Jan 07 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd swap a three legged flea bitten donkey for allynaewhere TBPH
dave17

23rd Jan 07 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No fucking way, hes an absolute cunt and tryed playing us for mugs. We have made our money out of him and he can fuck right off.
Cosmo

23rd Jan 07 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he comes out saying he would re-join all his other teams, has said it a number of times about Liverpool.

Id have him though, in the right team he could be amazing IMO
Marc

23rd Jan 07 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Diego Forlan said he wanted to re join Man United one day
Carl

23rd Jan 07 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
he comes out saying he would re-join all his other teams, has said it a number of times about Liverpool.

Id have him though, in the right team he could be amazing IMO

I agree, he's immense, just spoils it for himself. As did piere van hoojidonk.
Rob_Quads

23rd Jan 07 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope don't think I would bother myself.

Even if he came IMO he would be 4th choice behind Henry/ Adabeyor / VP so he would not be playing much i.e. not happy.

Also wish we gave walcot more of a run upfront than we do, hopefully tommorow he will be upfront but suspect he will be out on the wing
Tom

23rd Jan 07 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd also have him at liverpool, I would say I dislike him aswell but he's a good finisher and I'd choose him over crouch 9 times out of ten.
Hammer

23rd Jan 07 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You say that but Crouch's goals to games will be better plus the fact he gives you a physical presence, i just think people percieve Anelka to be the lightning quick deadly finisher he was when Arsenal done the double, he's done little otherwise, including his poxy goal return while he was at Liverpool.
Cosmo

23rd Jan 07 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
You say that but Crouch's goals to games will be better plus the fact he gives you a physical presence, i just think people percieve Anelka to be the lightning quick deadly finisher he was when Arsenal done the double, he's done little otherwise, including his poxy goal return while he was at Liverpool.

take it from someone who has seen both Anelka and Crouch a fair few times in the red shirt....Id 100% have Anelka.
Hammer

23rd Jan 07 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For what reason?
Cosmo

23rd Jan 07 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
For what reason?

Going by Crouch this season....he cant head a ball towards goal with any venom and regularly misses easy headers. He is rarely winning headers against defenders to bring the ball down or knock it on. When he does get the ball he is being very poor with his passing decisions, often just shooting wide or trying to dribble and getting into trouble. He has ZERO pace.

Anelka offers the more direct approach. He will get hold of the ball and run at defenders, he has the pace to get in behind defenders. When he was at Liverpool he was actually playing for the team, putting in some good balls and chasing down from the front.
Hammer

23rd Jan 07 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every time I see him he always contributes be it an assist, a goal or just his holding up play and bringing others into play. In fairness I only ever see him in big games or internationals where he seems to do his best work, his goals/games for England is phenomonal.
Cosmo

23rd Jan 07 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Every time I see him he always contributes be it an assist, a goal or just his holding up play and bringing others into play. In fairness I only ever see him in big games or internationals where he seems to do his best work, his goals/games for England is phenomonal.

yeah, I cant take the from him, and I do like the guy when he is form. But for what seems like the whole of this season he has been piss poor, and the stuff he shouldnt have any problems with (heading, holding the ball up) he is doing very very badly.
Carl

23rd Jan 07 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
For what reason?

Going by Crouch this season....he cant head a ball towards goal with any venom and regularly misses easy headers. He is rarely winning headers against defenders to bring the ball down or knock it on. When he does get the ball he is being very poor with his passing decisions, often just shooting wide or trying to dribble and getting into trouble. He has ZERO pace.

Anelka offers the more direct approach. He will get hold of the ball and run at defenders, he has the pace to get in behind defenders. When he was at Liverpool he was actually playing for the team, putting in some good balls and chasing down from the front.

does this mean you are coming around to what i've said all along, Peter Crouch is piss poor?
Nath

23rd Jan 07 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hammer

23rd Jan 07 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:
quote:
For what reason?

does this mean you are coming around to what i've said all along, Peter Crouch is piss poor?

11 in 16 for England would suggest otherwise
gianluigi

23rd Jan 07 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

yes, but not so long ago you were leading the crouch bandwagon. you loved him, he "offered something different, and was a good attacking threat" (or words to that effect) now you've completly critisised every part of his game, making him out the be a crap player, where as i agree, just as i said not so long ago, you wouldnt have said this.
RyanSxi

23rd Jan 07 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought we was useless at one time. but the lad proved himself before the WC and during (when he got a chance and should have played much more). he hasn't had a change at liverpool he needs game after game not rotation IMO.

suprised he hasn't moved clubs yet tbh
Cosmo

23rd Jan 07 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, Im not saying he is useless, he is doing a job there at the moment and isnt playing badly, he is just not scoring where he should be. Id just rather see Anelka there if it was between the two.

And Im critisising his heading at the moment which really is piss poor, but he isnt always like that, if he returned back to form then the positions he is getting in would net him 15 goals a season easily.
dave17

23rd Jan 07 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why does every thread in here turn into Liverpool discussion?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Arsenal Fans - Noclas Anelka... 23 database queries in 0.0146060 seconds