corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Am I really that ugly?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Am I really that ugly?
Hoddo

User status: Offline
   3rd Apr 07 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol, I know a lot of people don't like 5 Door corsa, But I personally think I'm getting there with mine.

I've just fitted the 4 Mud flaps that I got for a 5'er off the bay! and thought I'd take a snap, once again the only p'shopped thing about the image is the grey background.

comments?
pow
Premium Member

3rd Apr 07 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good for a start!

Needs to be lower, and a 5 door spoiler would go nicely! Post97 bumpers as well?

But looking good atm... clean as well!
flybikeslee

3rd Apr 07 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks alreet
Hoddo

3rd Apr 07 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Looking good for a start!

Needs to be lower, and a 5 door spoiler would go nicely! Post97 bumpers as well?

But looking good atm... clean as well!

I've been wanting to lower for a while, but need to get my rear bearing sorted out before I put any more stress on it!

Seen an Irmy spoiler on the bay, will probs get when the cash its there.

and have been keeping my eyes out for some post 97 bumpers, but not sure whether to go colour coded or keep the black!

here's a p's of it lowered:

Ben G

3rd Apr 07 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good and very clean!

i usually associate 5 door corsa's with old people for some reason

it's just more difficult to make a 5 door look nice as it's the paractical version of the corsa, whilst the 3 door is more ''sporty''.

look at dom h's for inspiration
nathy_87

3rd Apr 07 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that looks sweet, ive got a 5dr also, nowt wrong with them imo, liking the rims, and how did you get the bumpers so black, i might spend a day on my car on friday due to no work
Carl

3rd Apr 07 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imo yes, they really are that ugly. it's not like 3doors are rare or expensive, why set yourself at a disadvantage straight away.
nathy_87

3rd Apr 07 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my answer to you carl is becuase i done a straight swap with my 125cc derbi senda sm
Hoddo

3rd Apr 07 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
imo yes, they really are that ugly. it's not like 3doors are rare or expensive, why set yourself at a disadvantage straight away.

I myself seem to be a taxi, and I'd rather stay dry rather than getting out to let people in. That and my old car got scrapped and this had the condition price and mileage I was looking for.

I haven't got the funds to me a 'hard core' modder, but as a hobby I thought I'd spend a few pennies on tidying it up, and personally I dont think it looks bad for what I've spent. That and its alot more rare to see a 5 Door with time invested in it.

@ nathy_87 - I use 'Car Plan Black Trim Wax' but I cant say it ever really fades. I just reapply it
mwg

3rd Apr 07 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If people tried to use me as a taxi then I'd still buy a 3 door and just tell them to GTF. They can either drive themselves or get the bus if they cant drive
Hoddo

3rd Apr 07 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
If people tried to use me as a taxi then I'd still buy a 3 door and just tell them to GTF. They can either drive themselves or get the bus if they cant drive

I'm not trying to justify owning a 5 door, I don't mind as they pay my petrol and then some.

At the end of the day, its down to personal opinion. I just posted this to see what people thought. At least I got some positivity out of it.
Carl

3rd Apr 07 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hoddo
quote:

I myself seem to be a taxi, and I'd rather stay dry rather than getting out to let people in. That and my old car got scrapped and this had the condition price and mileage I was looking for.

I haven't got the funds to me a 'hard core' modder, but as a hobby I thought I'd spend a few pennies on tidying it up, and personally I dont think it looks bad for what I've spent. That and its alot more rare to see a 5 Door with time invested in it.

@ nathy_87 - I use 'Car Plan Black Trim Wax' but I cant say it ever really fades. I just reapply it

Yours does look better than a standard 5-door yes, but you have spent money on it, money better spent saved towards something else. I know it aint that easy as i have the same kind of problem, m advise would be just try not to throw too much money at it.
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Apr 07 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

De-wiper it, lower it, buy things you can move to a 3 door with a bigger engine when you can insure/afford one.
Hoddo

3rd Apr 07 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hoddo
quote:

Yours does look better than a standard 5-door yes, but you have spent money on it, money better spent saved towards something else. I know it aint that easy as i have the same kind of problem, m advise would be just try not to throw too much money at it.

Im not going to throw too much money at it, as Im still paying for the car. I have university in October so will be selling it on after then. The original alloys came from my old car so that takes care of that. only things I've really bought are side reps, new reg plates, flaps, etc. nothing that is exactly going to break the bank.
Hoddo

3rd Apr 07 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
De-wiper it, lower it, buy things you can move to a 3 door with a bigger engine when you can insure/afford one.

did a quick shop of the wiper removed.

looks pretty good actually.
wilson_sri

3rd Apr 07 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5 doors are awesome, turbo it.
*sara*

3rd Apr 07 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great! Lower it
drbeansri

3rd Apr 07 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5door turbos are great and scary... and look good. you just dont expect a 5door corsa wizzing past u
Hoddo

3rd Apr 07 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wilson_sri
5 doors are awesome, turbo it.

I might do, once I've paid off for it. I might aswell use what I've got to play with rather than starting again, I needed a car, fast and this one came along. Still living with my rents atm meaning my dad had a big influence on what car I had as he was paying for it. and I was owing for it.

quote:
Originally posted by *sara*
Looks great! Lower it

Hope to do that yes, got to sort my bearing problem first though.

quote:
Originally posted by drbeansri
5door turbos are great and scary... and look good. you just dont expect a 5door corsa wizzing past u

Mines only a 1.4i 8v, but compared to my shagged old Renault Clio 1.2 its so much better. I can actually overtake without fear of death!
nathy_87

3rd Apr 07 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its great aswell becuse im still on Learner and its so funny over-taking peopel that have already passed and chavvy saxo's
drbeansri

3rd Apr 07 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah ive gone from a 1.1 fiesta with no life to a chipped 1.2 16v and i feel safe. (wish it was a tad faster)
Hoddo

3rd Apr 07 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drbeansri
oh yeah ive gone from a 1.1 fiesta with no life to a chipped 1.2 16v and i feel safe. (wish it was a tad faster)

although my old Clio was a 1.2i it was like 14 y/old so wasnt a true example.

nathy what engine is yours? and shouldn't you have L plates on?
R Lee

3rd Apr 07 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only good example of a 5dr was Tim's.
Every other 5dr looks like a turd heap imo.
Yours looks clean, but honestly... still ugly.
Ste L

3rd Apr 07 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

semi smooth boot
lowered
shorty ariel

would look good

nathy_87

3rd Apr 07 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee
The only good example of a 5dr was Tim's.
Every other 5dr looks like a turd heap imo.
Yours looks clean, but honestly... still ugly.

Pics of said car?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Am I really that ugly? 22 database queries in 0.0175211 seconds