corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Italian police

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Italian police
mav

User status: Offline
4th Apr 07 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After tonights man u game and their over handed antics something really needs to be done..

Everygame they are in the limelight....

I would never go to Italy to watch a game...

it's like they are the hooligans just waiting on a scrap..Tonight one man u fan on the floor the policeman must have hit him 4-5 times when he was on the ground? That is not stopping trouble if you ask me...

[Edited on 04-04-2007 by mav]
Cosmo

4th Apr 07 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not just the Italian police that are ruining their games IMO.

Their 'Ultra' type fans have too much influence within the clubs and the actual running of football in Italy.

The clubs, officials and governing commitee are all corrupt.

The whole game over there is about 20years behind where we are today in England, and if UEFA dont come down hard on them in the next few years as happened to us in the late 80''s and early 90's then it will get worse and worse.
Russ

4th Apr 07 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how the fuk, can they be allowed to stab Middlesbrough fans, then be allowed to be in uefa competitions, fukin joke.
mav

4th Apr 07 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with what you are saying cosmo.

the whole italian set-up needs looked at...it's happening far too often and nothing seems to be done...

the police are the thugs in their stadiums and waiting to get stuck in, even worse now since one was killed....

TBH all italian clubs should be banned from europe after the match fixing scandals and the trouble in their grounds..

Look at the clamp down on rangers and sectarism singing but it is not on par with what goes on over there.

[Edited on 04-04-2007 by mav]
Cosmo

4th Apr 07 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but I will also guarantee that the Utd fans will get the blame for the problems by UEFA and it will all be down to 'English Hooligans' and how they are still ruining the game
mav

4th Apr 07 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah I can see where you are coming from there but seriously.....

seeing that guy getting clubbed over and over again really pissed me off tonight....
Cosmo

4th Apr 07 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was saying to my Dad I actually hope we dont get Roma in the final if they did make it, as there would be so much trouble there.

Although I have to say the AC fans in Istanbul were amazing. All sat mixed in the pubs before the game having a laugh and singing songs to each other, etc. Didnt see one bit of trouble!
Hammer

4th Apr 07 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ban them from Europe for 5 years at least, their game is corrupt, their fans are hooligans and their stadiums are heaps of shit with fences treating their supporters lke animals. You can't continue to cut them slack you only get so many chances imo, people have died it's not on.
Cosmo

4th Apr 07 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one rule for us....another rule for others.
chris-sri

4th Apr 07 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of my mates was in Rome tonight. The trouble inside the stadium was caused by Roma fans throwing bottles at the United fans. Imo the Policing of the whole thing was completely inadequate. It is simply not acceptable to expect two lines of Police Officers to keep thousands of football fans apart. Perspex barriers are one thing but for safetys sake other countries have to look at what happened in England and follow what we have done to prevent it happening again. I hope UEFA look at this and ban any Italian fans travelling to Manchester tbh. If they do travel then I hope Greater Manchester Police wrap them up in cotton wool to the extent that the disgrace that we have seen tonight does not happen at Old Trafford
Cosmo

4th Apr 07 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris-sri
One of my mates was in Rome tonight. The trouble inside the stadium was caused by Roma fans throwing bottles at the United fans. Imo the Policing of the whole thing was completely inadequate. It is simply not acceptable to expect two lines of Police Officers to keep thousands of football fans apart. Perspex barriers are one thing but for safetys sake other countries have to look at what happened in England and follow what we have done to prevent it happening again. I hope UEFA look at this and ban any Italian fans travelling to Manchester tbh. If they do travel then I hope Greater Manchester Police wrap them up in cotton wool to the extent that the disgrace that we have seen tonight does not happen at Old Trafford

TBH from what was on tele the main police violence was caused from the Utd fans rushing the barrier between them and Roma fans (and yes this was probably because of the taunts, bottles, etc. from Roma fans but shouldnt of been done).

And there are less than 2 rows of police at UK grounds between away and home fans. I know at Anfield all we have is a row of stewards and a column of mesh about 4 seats across on top of the seats.

Its the mentality of the fans over there thats need to change. The banning of known violents from the grounds, better visual security in the grounds so any trouble makers are banned and not let back in, etc. This is how it has worked in the UK over the years and is now paying off.
chris-sri

4th Apr 07 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both sets of fans rushed the barriers. At Old Trafford the Away fans are either put in one of the quadrants or up in the top tier of the east stand. This makes it very hard for this sort of thing to happen. Effectively what you had in Rome was for example United's North stand being split half and half with only the Police and perspex in the way.
Cosmo

4th Apr 07 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the away fans at Anfield are around a thrid to a half (depending on game) of the lower tier of the Anfield road end. Its split using just a row of stewards and a mesh thing over about a clumn of 4 seats. I have NEVER seen trouble there since I have been going, so thats 16+ years now.

So I really do think its plainly down to how we have dealt with the problem in the UK since UEFA stepped in and banned us (i.e. banning the trouble makers from the grounds) and how Italy have basically ignored the problem and seeming continue to do so, along with UEFA.
Edd

5th Apr 07 at 06:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this thread has my blood boiling!!!

Mav fans from your own country were subjected to the exact same kind of treatment last month in spain and in my opinion after seeing the footage the man u fans where in much more of the wrong than the rangers fans ever where yet the whole focus for us is on some idiots singing fuck the pope!!!

where was the thread about how wrong the spanish police where

oh thats right not in this backward little fucking rangers hating country

watch england unite against this yet rangers where left hanging out to dry by the media and sadly our own fucking club

[Edited on 05-04-2007 by Edd]
topshot_2k
Banned

5th Apr 07 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH rangers are not exactly a squeeky clean club themselves.

Why the fuck wasnt there a single riot poilicman in the italian end? they were the one throwing bottles etc
Teddy

5th Apr 07 at 07:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
one rule for us....another rule for others.

Totally agree. Its that tarnish brush again..........
Marc

5th Apr 07 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't really say much more other than whats been said. Also the British media are just as bad at times. How many times do you hear them announce that British/English fans have disgraced their country whilst fighting and being drunk in the national shirt.

At the Kobenhavn game we walked back to the Metro with the Danish fans and chatted to them, they said they were so excited to be in the Champions League regardless of the result and that United were their preferred English team. Same at the Lille game everone mingled in a civilised manner.

On the way to the Reading FA Cup game we were sat with Reading fans having some right ol banter, although it was at the expense of the Leeds fans across in the next booth!
mav

5th Apr 07 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Edd I commented in the other thread about the treatment Rangers are getting as a team for sectarism singing and how this is much worse and nothing gets done.

Oh and I don't hate Rangers, I support any scottish team in europe as it's all good for the scottish game...

[Edited on 05-04-2007 by mav]
Hammer

5th Apr 07 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k

True but there were still women and children getting hit with bats due to a small minority.
mav

5th Apr 07 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Comment from me in other thread was about Celtic not Rangers

But it goes for any club, fans should not be subject to the abuse they get in italian stadiums.
gianluigi

5th Apr 07 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Their 'Ultra' type fans have too much influence within the clubs and the actual running of football in Italy.

you're spot on there.
Edd

5th Apr 07 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k

Why the fuck wasnt there a single riot poilicman in the italian end? they were the one throwing bottles etc

so the majority of decent fans deserve a beating because of a small minority?

Edd

5th Apr 07 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav
Comment from me in other thread was about Celtic not Rangers

But it goes for any club, fans should not be subject to the abuse they get in italian stadiums.

i know you are fairly impartial for a sheep but honestly the way our own media reacted when this happened to us was unbeliavable! there was no footage of rangers fans charging barriers and shit yet we come out bad

man u fans respond for the second time this season and the english media will back them to the hilt
dazavich

5th Apr 07 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
but I will also guarantee that the Utd fans will get the blame for the problems by UEFA and it will all be down to 'English Hooligans' and how they are still ruining the game

This will happen, the exact same thing happened to Rangers in the osasuna tie, rangers fans were attacked for singing a song! You saw the Roma fans all run to Man Utd fans when they scored, throwing bottles etc.

Man Utd fans do the same and get attacked, its a fcuking joke, some of the scenes looked awful.

Hopefully Man Utd and the english press get behind them and dont shy away like our press and chairman did.
Edd

5th Apr 07 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dazavich rangers fans where attacked by the police on the way and leaving the game also

but no singing fuck the pope matters more to the authorities

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Italian police 23 database queries in 0.0149791 seconds