corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Auto Trader

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Auto Trader
Rob H

User status: Online
22nd May 07 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got some decent pics of my car the weekend see here - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=352593, so now want to put it on the Auto Trader Website.

From experience, do people think it's worth going for the two week web only package (£18), or paying a bit extra and going for the Web & Mag package (£34)?

Do people also think £4.5k is a realistic price given the condition?

[Edited on 22-05-2007 by Rob H]
Dan A

User status: Offline
22nd May 07 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id go for the web and mag package more chance of selling it.
Ben G

22nd May 07 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't know if this is any help but my cousin bought a fully kitted irmscher corsa c sxi on an 04 plate for £4,000 one year ago.
TheCam

22nd May 07 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH i dont think it is worth that much maybe £3700ish
Rob H

22nd May 07 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cam1

Have been offered more than that p/x, so i don't think i'll be letting it go that cheap
Dan A

22nd May 07 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob H
quote:
Originally posted by cam1

Have been offered more than that p/x, so i don't think i'll be letting it go that cheap

how much you been offered px then?
Rob H

22nd May 07 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£3,800 - that was apparently what it Cap "booked" at - they actually went on to offer me either £4500 or £5000 against two other cars, but that was more just moving money about to make the "cost-to-change" cheaper
Dan A

22nd May 07 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally i would px it in to save all the hassle. If they can offer you £4500-£5000 i would take it
Little Vik

22nd May 07 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont forget when you go to part exchange a car they often use some of the money they have in the new car to bump up the price of the part ex so you think your getting a better deal, when really they are just discounting the new one - if that makes sense!
Rob H

22nd May 07 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan A
personally i would px it in to save all the hassle. If they can offer you £4500-£5000 i would take it

Yeah, those have gone now though, and if i can get say £500 more, its £500 less I need a loan for
Little Vik

22nd May 07 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But you are being ripped off by £500
Dan A

22nd May 07 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dan A

Yeah, those have gone now though, and if i can get say £500 more, its £500 less I need a loan for

If one garage offered you that more than likely others will offer about the same.(just play them off one and other)
What car you after?
Rob H

quote:
Originally posted by Little Vik
Dont forget when you go to part exchange a car they often use some of the money they have in the new car to bump up the price of the part ex so you think your getting a better deal, when really they are just discounting the new one - if that makes sense!

quote:

but that was more just moving money about to make the "cost-to-change" cheaper

Little Vik

They arent saying your car is worth £500 more, they are saying theres is worth £500 less!
Rob H

22nd May 07 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been quite clever about my part exchanges - I've said no to start with when they asked if i wanted a part ex, then got them to throw in a figure at the end - hence I've already done the haggling, so they have no give in the price of the car to offset the p/x value, and you get a true price for what the cars worth p/x - been getting values between £3.5k-£3.8k for the actuall car itself.
Rob H

22nd May 07 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
They arent saying your car is worth £500 more, they are saying theres is worth £500 less!

What are you on about?

I went to the dealer, asked for a part exchange value, he came back with a trade value of the car of £3800, but offered to give me £4500 for it against one car, and £5000 against another one, but wouldn't knock any off the price of the cars, hence he was actually knocking £700 off the price of the first one, and £1200 off the price of the second one
Ben G

22nd May 07 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

little vik works at some car place, think she knows what she's talking about
Little Vik

22nd May 07 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What they are actually saying is that the new car you are looking to buy is not necessarily a good buy.
Little Vik

22nd May 07 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are over allowing on your car, and using the discount on the new one to bump the part exchange price.
which would ring massive alarm bells with me if i was buying a car. Because when you come to trade the new car in it is worth £1200 less then what you paid for it in the first place.
If you are getting a loan on the car - you are in negative equity before you drive out the door.
Rob H

22nd May 07 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What they are actually saying is that the new car you are looking to buy is not necessarily a good buy.

Yeah, hence why they can over value my part exchange becuase they have plenty of profit in the price of the car - I already understood this .
Little Vik

22nd May 07 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

arrrgh i give up
Basically your gonna get bum raped when you sell your new car
Rob H

22nd May 07 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
arrrgh i give up
Basically your gonna get bum raped when you sell your new car

Right:

Take a car worth say £10k. The dealer lets say can comfortably discount the car by £1200, and still make a bit of profit.

If I went in with my car, and it's worth £3800, they could do one of two things to meet the discount:

1) offer me over the odds for the value of my p/x, like the other garage did, and say offer me £5k (the 3800 of the value of the car, plus the 1200 discount they had in the car). This would leave me to pay £5000 for the car.

2) Offer me "book" value of £3800 for the car, but then discount the car by the 1200 they have to give. 10,000- 3800 = 6200 - 1200 = 5000

Hence, it doesnt matter which way about it they go about it, you still have to pay £5000 for the new car.

In my position 2) works out bettter as I can sell my car myself, get say 500 extra than they offer me p/x, hence the cost to change now drops to £4500 which is what i'm trying to do!
Little Vik

22nd May 07 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i know what your saying, but when you come to sell your car you will be given the trade price - which currently is at least £1200 less then what you are paying already.
The car is a good deal for what you want now....but when you come to sell it you will loose alot of money.
So it depends on your situtation, if you just need out of your car, are going to keep the new car for years and years and love this new car to bits then go for it - its a good deal for what you want.
If you can go down the road and get the same car for less to start and are looking to sell the car in the near future then your screwing yourself over.

On a 10k car the dealer will be making over 3k profit on average.

Im not trying to pick an argument im just trying to explain that sometimes things arent as good a deal as they seem in the long run. Because not only are you 'doing' yourself out of the £1200 discount you are also paying probably the same again in interest for the loan.
so the £5000 car will cost you £6200ish (obviously depending on APR etc) and is actually worth the same as your current car.

Little Vik

22nd May 07 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am just giving you the benefit of 8/9 years of working at car dealerships and seeing people screwed over when they bring their car back 6 months later because theyre situation has changed!!!
Rob H

22nd May 07 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would depend on what the car is though surely, and what it's actually priced at for a given example - none of which has been said, hence why i couldn't understand what your talking about.

If the 10k car was roughly the going rate of a similarly speced/aged/miled car to start with, having £1200 knocked off the price of it would be pretty good going!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Auto Trader 22 database queries in 0.0172760 seconds