corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project Completed: Mauve Monster 23.08.1999 ---> 23.06.2007

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project Completed: Mauve Monster 23.08.1999 ---> 23.06.2007
Jill
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   25th Jun 07 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right well if you’ve seen my post in General Chat already you will know that I have sold the Mauve Monster. I had owned her for nearly eight years and here is a brief timeline of pics on how she’s changed and current spec before I sold her. Full pics can be found here: http://www.corsasport.co.uk/owners/Jill Some of the pics are repeats found in both albums, just haven’t had time to collate them all yet.

Constructive comments welcome- I know the front end of my corsa with the Mk3 Golf headlights was not to everyone’s taste but hey like I’ve previously said- constructive comments please….

Spec List before I sold her:
Engine:
• 2.0 16v (C20XE redtop) engine (reconditioned), with F20 gearbox
• Pipercross Viper airfilter- adonised in custom silver
• Pipercross hose kit for 2.0 16v corsa conversion in purple
• Pipercross 45° hose connecting to airfilter in purple
• Chrome manifold heatshield
• Chrome Spec-R header tank
• Chrome plug cover and oil cap
• Custom made exhaust with twin squares either side of valence

Wheels and Tyres:
• 18” Dare X1 alloys
• Falken FK415 215/35/18 tyres all round

Suspension and Brakes:
• Spax psx suspension lowered 40mm all round
• HiSpec 4pot billet brake kit featuring 300mm disks and silver calipers
• Rear disk conversion featuring Mk2 Astra gte rear hubs, disks and calipers
• Goodridge brakes hoses and EBC Green pads all round

Interior:
• Full retrim in purple and magnolia leather including
o steering wheel
o gear gaiter
o handbrake gaiter
o roof lining
o pillars
• Custom smoothed and painted dashboard in purple and silver
• Kahn steering wheel
• Richbrook uni hex gear knob in silver
• Richbrook handbrake handle
• Richbrook door pins in silver
• TVR chrome indicator stalks

Exterior:
• Mk3 golf crystal clear headlights
• Mk4 golf crystal clear side repeaters
• Lexus front indicators
• Custom bad boy bonnet over headlights
• Punto Mk2 Beast sideskirts
• Peugeot 306 Care RS rear spoiler
• Reiger gtb/rs rear bumper
• Custom smooth scuttle
• Custom bonnet and wing vents
• Custom M3 style mirrors
• Custom Mk4 golf R32 lookalike smooth arches
• Smooth boot and roof rack recess
• Debadged and delocked all round
• Tinted windows
• Custom paintwork in one off colour based on a Jessica™ nailvarnish

ICE:
• Rockford Fosgate 9420 headunit
• Rockford Fosgate RFP4112 subwoofers (x2)
• Rockford Fosgate 1100bd amp
• Rockford Fosgate 451s amp
• Rockford Fosgate FNQ 3614 6.5” component speakers in custom builds in door
• Rockford Fosgate FNQ 3514 5.25” component speakers in custom build situated in rear quarter panel
• Rockford Fosgate battery terminal covers
• Silver Playstation2 located in boot
• Directed Audio 7” screen located in boot lid
• Install and door builds trimmed in magnolia and purple leather
• Stinger “Red” battery

PICS:
1999:
*Gsi style spoiler, new exhaust and basic ICE…

2000:
*15” Mille Miglia Spider alloys and another exhaust…

2001:
*New number plate, bodykit, tinted windows and powerflow custom exhaust system (third time lucky!)

2002:
*17” Team Dynamic Phantom alloys, leather retrim, custom doorbuilds and colour coded rear lights…

2003:
*C20XE fitted and major bodywork…

*Maxpower Live Top100 2003

*Trax 2003

*New bonnet shape and smooth scuttle panel

2004:
*Donny North 2004

*PVS 2004

*Donny South 2004

*Trax 2004

*Maxpower Live London Top100 2004

2005:
*New ICE install (not finished though) + Donny North Autoglym Best in Britain Competition

*PVS 2005

*Smoothed and painted dashboard+Maxpower Live Top100

*Donny South 2005

*Trax 2005

2006:
*MaxPower Live Top100 2006

*Donny South 2006

2007:

Laura and Josh driving off

Like I already said more pics can be found here: http://www.corsasport.co.uk/owners/Jill

Enjoy!

JILL

[Edited on 25-06-2007 by Jill]
SAL
Premium Member

25th Jun 07 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i first see your car at donny south 2005, that was before i had really started major mods on my corsa, i left the show with one car in mind, the mauve monster, back in 2005 i dint even no about corsasport so i dindnt realise who's car it was.

following the show i wanted to push the corsa into some bodywork and i came across the bodyshop in hemel, bradshaws ? this is where i see the car again...they told me it was owned by a girl wow i though, this girl has bloody taste and no's what she wants !

anyway i didnt use bradshaws as a mate worked for midas as a prep/fitter at the time midas where doing many cars from here...

then i see the car shown on a copy of fast car, i brought the magizine just to see the feature, the girlfreind stole it because there where too many girls in the mag

love it to peices, if i didnt have a wee nipper on the way i would of seriosly thought about buying the car !

oh well to a all time great ! glad its goin to a good home...deff one of the best ever imo

Planty02

25th Jun 07 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amazing transformation Jill, love it
John G

25th Jun 07 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love everythin about it, wierd how all the major corsas are all comin back to posts mostly for bein sold, wel wish i was into the scene when all the bodykits came in. recon it would have been abit more exiting them the movin into phase of subtle style like now
Planty02

25th Jun 07 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa's back then do seem to be alot more stunning and different to each other.

Corsa's like this are still IMO, and still appreciated, its just that there are fewer being modified in this way
Cupra Steve
Banned

25th Jun 07 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really do appreciate the transformation and progress and the patience you must have!

TBH There has always been a subtle scene, it's just now it seems to be more 'in fasion' than big body kits.
Jill
Premium Member

25th Jun 07 at 14:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
i first see your car at donny south 2005, that was before i had really started major mods on my corsa, i left the show with one car in mind, the mauve monster, back in 2005 i dint even no about corsasport so i dindnt realise who's car it was.

following the show i wanted to push the corsa into some bodywork and i came across the bodyshop in hemel, bradshaws ? this is where i see the car again...they told me it was owned by a girl wow i though, this girl has bloody taste and no's what she wants !

anyway i didnt use bradshaws as a mate worked for midas as a prep/fitter at the time midas where doing many cars from here...

then i see the car shown on a copy of fast car, i brought the magizine just to see the feature, the girlfreind stole it because there where too many girls in the mag

love it to peices, if i didnt have a wee nipper on the way i would of seriosly thought about buying the car !

oh well to a all time great ! glad its goin to a good home...deff one of the best ever imo

Aww cheers mate Yeah Bradshaws- wouldn't trust anyone else tbh, great bunch of guys there

JILL
Jill
Premium Member

25th Jun 07 at 14:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
I really do appreciate the transformation and progress and the patience you must have!

TBH There has always been a subtle scene, it's just now it seems to be more 'in fasion' than big body kits.

Cheers Steve- definitely a lot of patience...! It's strange how the "in mods" change though. Who knows maybe big wheels, bodykits and funky paint jobs etc will come back into fashion in about 5years or so time...

JILL
Cupra Steve
Banned

25th Jun 07 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember in the late ninety's seeing nova's, 205's and dare i say a red 106 gti on front covers of fast car with next to no bodywork mods just performance orientated mods so in theory whats "in fasion" now has been done before anyway, big kits and huge wheels are still fasionable, it just seems the enthusiasts tend to stick with the OE look.

I used to love seeing completely 1 off styled cars and having arguments with mates guessing what they were! Memories of when i was 12 arguing with my brother whether a car was a saxo or a corsa
Jill
Premium Member

25th Jun 07 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I used to love seeing completely 1 off styled cars and having arguments with mates guessing what they were! Memories of when i was 12 arguing with my brother whether a car was a saxo or a corsa

indeed! Remember a few weeks after mine had come out of the bodyshop I had to quickly pop into the postoffice in the highstreet and parked on a double yellow- when I got out the trafffic warden was just about to write a ticket but he couldn't tell what car it was So had a bit of a "chat" with him and he decided to waver me the ticket this once hehe.

JILL
Cupra Steve
Banned

25th Jun 07 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FPMSL @ Traffic Warden!!
Andy Stocker

25th Jun 07 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
quote:
Originally posted by Stavs

Aww cheers mate Yeah Bradshaws- wouldn't trust anyone else tbh, great bunch of guys there

JILL

Thats where I saw it when I went in to speak to Lee one day
Prowler
Banned

25th Jun 07 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love this car soo much for being diffrent!!! how come you didnt put a set of dials with a rev counter in?
Jill
Premium Member

25th Jun 07 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy Stocker
Thats where I saw it when I went in to speak to Lee one day

Yeah Lee, quality guy As are all the lads there- Jason, Steve, Aaron etc. Mick's not there any more though cos he and his family emigrated to Australia last year.

JILL

[Edited on 25-06-2007 by Jill]
Jill
Premium Member

25th Jun 07 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Prowler
i love this car soo much for being diffrent!!! how come you didnt put a set of dials with a rev counter in?

I have absolutely no answer for this guess I just never wanted to/got round to it.... Cheers btw

JILL
RCoughtrie

25th Jun 07 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what amazing project and corsa
Cupra Steve
Banned

25th Jun 07 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to go on and i'm not arse licking but although i'd much prefer a nice subtle looking corsa the progress on a project like this is so much more interesting! Just keep on looking at the first pic then scrolling down to the bottom and my jam keeps hitting the computer desk!
STEvieXE

25th Jun 07 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry also to see it go, always loved this car for individuality
cossie_corsa

25th Jun 07 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

always been one of my favourite cars on this site. seen it at a few shows, always looked good. as everyone said, sorry to see it go but i hope you had fun with it
lee mitchell

25th Jun 07 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats alot of fucking shows
Jill
Premium Member

26th Jun 07 at 07:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RCoughtrie
what amazing project and corsa

Cheers

quote:
Sorry to go on and i'm not arse licking but although i'd much prefer a nice subtle looking corsa the progress on a project like this is so much more interesting! Just keep on looking at the first pic then scrolling down to the bottom and my jam keeps hitting the computer desk!

aww thanks Steve. Know what you mean about the progress pics- I like seeing posts like that too. Not just on my car obviously just in general.

JILL
Jill
Premium Member

26th Jun 07 at 07:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by STEvieXE
sorry also to see it go, always loved this car for individuality

quote:
Originally posted by cossie_corsa
always been one of my favourite cars on this site. seen it at a few shows, always looked good. as everyone said, sorry to see it go but i hope you had fun with it

Cheers guys Yeah had a great time building this car, driving it, taking it to shows etc etc

JILL
Jill
Premium Member

26th Jun 07 at 07:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee mitchell
thats alot of fucking shows

Yeah Lee tell me about it! Also did Donny North 2006 and PVS 2006 but didn't have my camera with me at those shows so aint got any pics else there would be a few more...

JILL
pow
Premium Member

26th Jun 07 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now thats a REAL project

Lovely

But why didnt you put a rev counter in there!
Jill
Premium Member

26th Jun 07 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
quote:
Originally posted by Prowler

I have absolutely no answer for this guess I just never wanted to/got round to it.... Cheers btw

JILL

JILL

[Edited on 26-06-2007 by Jill]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project Completed: Mauve Monster 23.08.1999 ---> 23.06.2007 23 database queries in 0.0185840 seconds