corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What would you do?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What would you do?
FasT09

User status: Offline
3rd Jul 07 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car has been broken into twice in 1 month. Same people I presume as done exactly same way. Only difference is that after first time I got alarm installed and so they ran off when the alarm went off (leaving my door bent )

Anyway I still have that feeling they may come back as they know how easy it was to get in the boot from last time as i have a boot popper which they pressed and then took my sub. Anyway since then i swapped the connection from the battery to ignition meaning they cant get into it anyway.

Would leaving the doors unlocked be really stupid? I'd rather they opened door, alarm goes off they run, than they break my door, alarm goes off and run.

Also if i see them about to do it do i beat the shit out of them (which means i could get done for assault and they could do worse next time) or call cops while they breaking into car?
boyracer2002

3rd Jul 07 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it was me i would get them laid out - forget the police they do jack shit about cars etc - all they seem to be able to do is catch people for speeding.
Take the law into your hands

well thats what i would do
Wonderboy

3rd Jul 07 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't leave you door open: If they steal your car, insurance might not pay out.

Set up some CCTV. I'm not sure how expensive it is, but it will probably be worth it.

Keep your doors locks, remove CD player and all valuables. Try to makes sure that there isn't anything for them to steal.

[Edited on 03-07-2007 by Wonderboy]
FasT09

3rd Jul 07 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have reported both times so they well aware of it happening at the same place and they say they will drive around it for a while. but what are the chances the cops will be there the same time it happening. I need cctv !!
FasT09

3rd Jul 07 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wonderboy
I wouldn't leave you door open: If they steal your car, insurance might not pay out.

Set up some CCTV. I'm not sure how expensive it is, but it will probably be worth it.

Keep your doors locks, remove CD player and all valuables. Try to makes sure that there isn't anything for them to steal.

[Edited on 03-07-2007 by Wonderboy]

After first time i removed the cd player and all valuables but they still tried to get in. I think it was the fact that they thought i probably got a new sub and cause last time they left my 2 amps in there. They cant steal car as when alarm goes off the engine cuts off completly.

[Edited on 03-07-2007 by FasT09]
JohnNI

3rd Jul 07 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wire up the boot popper again and hide in the boot
boyracer2002

3rd Jul 07 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you need is someone to hide in diff bushes for the night leave your stuff in the car so as soon as someone appears to break in everyone runs at him/them and gives them a good kickin
Dean_W

3rd Jul 07 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CCTV is not that expensive to do, and easy to wire up properly.
nova_gteuk

3rd Jul 07 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remove the boot popper from in the car and have it on a remote instead,wouldnt bother with the police my car got broken into,took them two days to come out,then another two to send someone to fingerprint my car,then a month later i got a crime number police are useless cunt's.
Cupra Steve
Banned

I'd suggest a 007 alarm that runs current through the car, when they touch it they get 20000 volts going through the little cunts.
FasT09

Sounds good but could happen any night and don't think any of my m8s could be arsed waiting outside every night lol
johnhara1

3rd Jul 07 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is with getting them laid out is they know where you live and could come back anytime when your girlfriend\mother\nan or whoever you live with is home alone.

How easy would it be to install deadlocks from another corsa? so they cant open the door at all?

No local garages to rent in your area?
Ricky352

3rd Jul 07 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont leave ur doors open for insurance reasons. If u fone the police as they are breaking into the car the cops arent going to get there in time, unless uve a police station ery near by. Get a light that detects movement and put it up on a wall. This is wot my mate did and he bought the light cheap enough. Hes a spark so he was able to fit it himself, im not too sure how hard it wud be or how much it wud be for some1 to do it.
FasT09

3rd Jul 07 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they bend the door from top and one of them puts their arm through unlocking it from inside. But now the alarm will go off which is what happened last time and they got a shock so ran off. Bet they never thought i'd fit an alarm.
FasT09

3rd Jul 07 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to kill them!
johnhara1

3rd Jul 07 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FasT09
they bend the door from top and one of them puts their arm through unlocking it from inside. But now the alarm will go off which is what happened last time and they got a shock so ran off. Bet they never thought i'd fit an alarm.

With deadlocks it cant be opened from the inside or outside only with remote or key.
FasT09

3rd Jul 07 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much is it to install deadlocks?
FasT09

3rd Jul 07 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be fair with my alarm I can get central locking for 60quid
johnhara1

3rd Jul 07 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
how much is it to install deadlocks?

You'd need the whole locking mechanism swapped over from either a corsa that has deadlocks (not 100% sure any of them did) or an astra \ vectra etc provided the handles\locks fit i cant see it being expensive to install @ a garage.

Definately worth looknig into as vauxhall deadlocks are highly rated
FasT09

3rd Jul 07 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is central locking as good?
johnhara1

3rd Jul 07 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you fit the deadlocks might aswell get the vectra door handles and delock the passenger side door aswell.
johnhara1

3rd Jul 07 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Is central locking as good?

no as the door can still be opened from the inside of the car which is what they are doing when the bend the door.

Here's a thought, is there any type of locking mechanism that can be added to the top of the door on the inside so it cant be bent back?
FasT09

3rd Jul 07 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O right i thought central locking was getting rid of the standard locks. Because the place that fitted my alamr said i can get it fiitted for 60 quid. You can only unlock it with the remote. the old locks are discarded of.
Dean_W

3rd Jul 07 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Weld the fooker shut and get in through the boot
FasT09

3rd Jul 07 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dean_W
Weld the fooker shut and get in through the boot

LOL

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What would you do? 22 database queries in 0.1536300 seconds