corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Right... I'm new to all this youtube crap - but people obviously trying to launch careers?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Right... I'm new to all this youtube crap - but people obviously trying to launch careers?
Paul_J

User status: Offline
11th Aug 07 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've only ever watched 'car related' video's on youtube and never really bothered watching these crappy 'self blog' things. However, today I just happened to click a 'Featured Link' (obviously popular) of some bird called 'mememolly'.

What's the deal with these people? It's like the whole thing is staged and is in order to give the people lime light / get popular to promote any future break into tv / music etc.

I heard a long time ago about some 'LonelyGirl15' - who was cute, and did these blogs to camera, but was always covered in make up, edited well and with good camera / lighting etc.... Turned out that was all set up. and she had like a whole production company behind her video's.

Now just looking through youtube and finding all these people that seem to be making video's where the production quality is fairly good, the star's of the video's are very attractive and wearing loads of make up / good woredrobe and the editing is fairly good (music / edits etc).

Are these all just production companies trying to get future stars into the lime light.

this is mememolly - see what I mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s4Ul3UquBU

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ItvIzzfxzWI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdmsFcxjPVY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TOwXYsh9jA

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=mememolly&p=r&page=1

Make your own mind up whether you think she really is just some little, internet geek spending all her life on youtube. I personally think any girl that attractive wouldn't be spending her life on the interweb.
Robin
Premium Member

11th Aug 07 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would.
Paul_J

11th Aug 07 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Would.

oh yeh deffo... but the point is, if she's like some actress, with a whole production company behind her, it's all set up / scripted / directed...

Idea is, launch these scripted, directed, set up video's - pay youtube to 'feature them' - and then watch the people watch them, instant popularity globally, wait for news / media to pick up on the popularity and then caching launch your music career / tv show off the back of it.
Robin
Premium Member

11th Aug 07 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, seems that a lot of people have followed the success of Lonelygirl15, tried the same thing in the hope of getting a TV/film job.

They're all a bit shit TBH
Paul_J

11th Aug 07 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what happened to lonelygirl15? did she get a career out of it?
Robin
Premium Member

11th Aug 07 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno I never bothered with her videos
Paul_J

11th Aug 07 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me neither, she just annoyed me as she looked like a spoilt drama school kid... Fucking bint.
Robin
Premium Member

11th Aug 07 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Jay and Silent Bob one doesn't look like anything with a proper producer
Paul_J

11th Aug 07 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The Jay and Silent Bob one doesn't look like anything with a proper producer

you reckon? I thought that was one that did! Look at her face make up... Why would she do that otherwise.

They purposely film them to look 'amateurist' that's the point... but that whole scene I just thought... Why would you do this, if it wasn't for someone telling you to do it...
Paul_J

11th Aug 07 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it's either my theory... OR...

She posted some original video's (Some are crap quality) - then youtube decided to help her out, giving her equipment / team if needed / advice / Features (i.e. quick link on the right side of youtube) and Better quality uploads...

I don't know about you, but I never get video's uploaded of that quality, youtube usually compresses the fuck out of them.

[Edited on 11-08-2007 by Paul_J]
Robin
Premium Member

11th Aug 07 at 22:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe she's actually just a geek who does it for fun

Good point about the quality though.
Paul_J

11th Aug 07 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Maybe she's actually just a geek who does it for fun

Good point about the quality though.

that'd only happen if she had 'ugly duck syndrome' and has only recently become fit - or lived in really remote parts of america where there was no one to play with for miles around...

... Essentially if she had spent any time at school, throughout growing up she would of naturally become a bitch / part of the fit girl crowd at school, which would of shaped her personality.

Another example as well to support my theory is her hair in most of the video's has been professionally styled / cut, and it changes often in videos.
Paul_J

11th Aug 07 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm... interesting (stalker style)

She spent some time in the UK (guess some relation of her's lives over here) and went to thorpe park... but on her myspace she's in the group beaconsfield starbucks - which suggests that's where she stays when she's in the uk...

Which just so happens to be about 2 minutes from my house. Maybe I should go find out if she's for real.
Robin
Premium Member

11th Aug 07 at 23:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She's from London Paul, it says when you click her username

There's a vid of her at school with her mates too.

Link to myspace?
Paul_J

11th Aug 07 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh but you'd class where I live as 'London' if you were trying to be cool. Most of my facebook mates are in the 'london network' - but it's actually west of london.
CorsAsh

11th Aug 07 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Essay warning
Robin
Premium Member

12th Aug 07 at 00:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watched all her vids. Want to stick it in her.
Paul_J

12th Aug 07 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Watched all her vids. Want to stick it in her.

I'm gonna go stalk around beaconsfield tommorrow...

They had a 'you tube' meet she was at recently at thorpe park, like only a week ago. Thorpe park isn't far from here either, so I reckon that backs up her beaconsfield thing. I'll try to get pics / vids / sketches ...
Robin
Premium Member

12th Aug 07 at 00:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She went to Greece on my birthday

I think stalking her is a grand idea.
Paul_J

12th Aug 07 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

damn I think she's gone off to america.

I'm gonna start doing some video blogs - and then I can meet up with the gang of 'youtubers' at one of their meets...

then When I see molly I'll shout 'SUPRISE!' - as it's not rape, it's surpise sex! (THIS IS A JOKE!) just incase molly's top security (part of her production crew package) are scanning the interweb for potential threats lol.
Robin
Premium Member

12th Aug 07 at 01:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul_J

12th Aug 07 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got this message off the hottie...

I sent her a message saying 'Hey, did I see you the other week, I live in a place called Stoke Poges, and I was passing through a place near by called beaconsfield' etc... *I made all that up... as I took a guess that's where she was staying in england, though I'm from stoke poges*

She just replied...

quote:
hey! ha :] i was in stoke poges the other week - so possibly!

molly xo

haha, if that is true - what a fucking small world eh and what a guess on my part to where she was staying in the UK...

The only sad thing about all this is that she was in my village (it really is tiny) and I never actually saw her!

[Edited on 12-08-2007 by Paul_J]
Paul_J

12th Aug 07 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only problem is, I sent her a rather nasty email at the same time as the youtube message basically saying the same, plus calling her fake, etc, I saw her film crew taking a break etc...

Hopefully she doesn't check her emails, or is too dumb to put 2 and 2 together.

I'm gonna message her more, 'Scam Baiter Style'.
Robin
Premium Member

12th Aug 07 at 13:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hell Paul You're worse than me
Dom

12th Aug 07 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheres this myspace link then?

in all seriousness though, i don't see what a production company would gain from doing "stunts" like this? i remember reading about the whole LonelyGirl15 saga, but i certainly don't remember the the actors name, let alone the production company behind it. If any advertising came out of it, it was getting the actors name out, there was certainly nothing skilled with the production, so i doubt the production company got anything from doing them.
But i agree, it does look a little too polished, but with a half decent DV camera (£600 quid or so for a 3CCD cam) and a little knowledge of Premiere (or other semi-pro software) i don't see why she couldn't be doing it herself or with a few other people.

eitherway, it's a load of bollocks....

quote:
Would.

Second

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Right... I'm new to all this youtube crap - but people obviously trying to launch careers? 22 database queries in 0.0178652 seconds