corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions League

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Champions League
Edd

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 07 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we welcome Barca tonight should be a fantastic spectacle really not expecting anything but you can live in hope

Missing Hemdani and Darcheville and they really will be massive losses lets hope the lads are right up for it
dazavich

23rd Oct 07 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its gona be some night, Ibrox will be bouncing i'm sure.

Hemdani is a big loss to us, he's been excellent in europe this season.

I'm going for 2-1 to us
Edd

23rd Oct 07 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also tonight another fantastic display from the gers showing barca that just like them we are more than a club

the significance of 1972 is that it is 35 years since rangers won the cup winners cup aptly in the nou camp

really will be a special night
Jamie

23rd Oct 07 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recon Rangers will pick up the 3 points tonight and be laughing for the rest of their group
Hammer

23rd Oct 07 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Losing Hemdani is massive, i'm going to say either nil nil or 1 nil Barca.
Edd

23rd Oct 07 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would honestly be pleased with losing 1-0 if its that close we have gave a good account of ourselves

mon the gers
Cosmo

23rd Oct 07 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keeping my opinions to myself, know how touchy you rangers fans are

Having watched them play us twice last season, and at times pass round us like our players were non-league standard, you better hope your players are at the top of their game for 90+mins, and theirs are well below par.
Hammer

23rd Oct 07 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rangers will never get heavily defeated off of any team, especially at home, with the way they set up and that's not a criticism because we done it for years and everyone was happy with the success it brought.
Edd

23rd Oct 07 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Keeping my opinions to myself, know how touchy you rangers fans are

Having watched them play us twice last season, and at times pass round us like our players were non-league standard, you better hope your players are at the top of their game for 90+mins, and theirs are well below par.

i can take honest criticism not just uneducated pot shots

you are correct barca are a step above the rest and miles infront of us it will 90 minutes of pure hard graft and nothing else if we score it will be from a set play or an individual piece of brilliance ala Adam

Cosmo

23rd Oct 07 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Rangers will never get heavily defeated off of any team, especially at home, with the way they set up and that's not a criticism because we done it for years and everyone was happy with the success it brought.

The thing with Barca is that if they manage to get a few early goals in the first 1/4 of the game then Rangers will push out and more gaps will appear. Most teams wouldnt push this so much, but Barca will do and thats when they could score a load. If Rangers keep it tight for as long as they can though then they could nick a result - just dont see it myself.
Cosmo

23rd Oct 07 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd

My comments in the other thread werent pot shots. Granted youve done well getting 6pts so far, but your still an average side at best when it comes to the big boys of Europe and at some point the result is going to come around to show you this.

Its kind of the same with England fans, thinking they are up there with a few good results but really just an average side.
dazavich

23rd Oct 07 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think if we get stuck in like Villareal did on sunday, dont give them time on the ball then we have a chance of getting a win/draw, McCulloch header or like you say Edd Adam freekick.

We've done very well to get into this position so anything from these two games is a bonus as far as i'm concerned.

Worrying for me is we always seem to start well in europe then fade away
Edd

23rd Oct 07 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Edd

My comments in the other thread werent pot shots. Granted youve done well getting 6pts so far, but your still an average side at best when it comes to the big boys of Europe and at some point the result is going to come around to show you this.

Its kind of the same with England fans, thinking they are up there with a few good results but really just an average side.

i have not once got carried away this whole campaign i am clearly stating here that barca are phenomenal and i dont expect a result, we have already had poor results this season and that is why you are uneducated when talking about rangers as you think every rangers fan thinks were brilliant i dont talk on liverpools performances simply because i dont follow them and dont see enough of their games tonight will be no doubt the best european side rangers have faced since juve in 95
dazavich

23rd Oct 07 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who totally tore us apart that night, my first european game
Cosmo

23rd Oct 07 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
i have not once got carried away this whole campaign i am clearly stating here that barca are phenomenal and i dont expect a result, we have already had poor results this season and that is why you are uneducated when talking about rangers as you think every rangers fan thinks were brilliant i dont talk on liverpools performances simply because i dont follow them and dont see enough of their games tonight will be no doubt the best european side rangers have faced since juve in 95

How do you know I dont follow Scottish football? I follow them enough to make the same comments you are doing so about Barca being the best side you've faced since 95.

And my comment wasnt about all Rangers fans, just from a few of the comments (not all and not saying specifically by you, although your the one who likes to bite) Ive seen posted on here after and since the good results youve had.
Hammer

23rd Oct 07 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barca just now are as pleasing on the eye as any team i have ever seen including the high flying Juventus, Man United and Arsenal sides.

The problem with that is you can pass the ball 100 times but if there are 9 men between you and the goal there's not much you can do other than hope to nick 1 from a set piece. Lyon were the same on the last matchday and ended up becoming frustrated and making mistakes.
CR7
Banned

23rd Oct 07 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rangers 1 Barca 2
Edd

23rd Oct 07 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
(although your the one who likes to bite)

i just like a ruck you should know that by now
RyanSxi

23rd Oct 07 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im gonna go for 0-0 or 3-0 to barca. if rangers dont concede early will be tight, if they do barca will run riot
--DAN--

23rd Oct 07 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm popping out in a minute to put a few quid on,

Rangers 1 - 3 Barca & Messi first Scorer.
Tom

23rd Oct 07 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope rangers win, but my CL fantasy team could do with messi scoring
Hammer

23rd Oct 07 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same, that's the only reason i want him scoring a hat trick
Tom

23rd Oct 07 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes your avatar backs that up completely
Jamie

23rd Oct 07 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Messi hat-trick would be
Hammer

23rd Oct 07 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love watching him play football, i'd applaud him if he scored a hat trick against us tbh.

I was gutted when i thought Kaka wouldn't be at Parkhead, always good to watch the best players strutting their stuff.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions League 23 database queries in 0.0153482 seconds