corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » So what youngsters deserve a chance

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author So what youngsters deserve a chance
Robbo

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 07 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have (that I can think of off the top of my head)

T Walcott
S Taylor
G Agbonlahor
J Hart
A Young
L Moore

I'm sure theres LOTS more

So far, I reckon Young and Agbonlahor look good, Walcott IMO still needs more experience at club level
Cosmo

22nd Nov 07 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Walcott once he gets more experience as you said. Could be like having the Owen of 6 or 7yrs ago again.

Other than that none are really shining out as future stars at the moment to me.
RyanSxi

22nd Nov 07 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agbonlahoor is looking better each week at villa. got potential imo
Cosmo

22nd Nov 07 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no comment.
simon179

22nd Nov 07 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agbonlahor
vaughan
hoyte
moore
walcott
RyanSxi

22nd Nov 07 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bentley
walcott
agbon

all these young decent right wingers
Cosmo

22nd Nov 07 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
walcott
agbon

all these young decent right wingers

RW you say
MatthewR

22nd Nov 07 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bentley
Agbonlahor
Ashley Young

Id like to see them blooded
Cosmo

22nd Nov 07 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR
Bentley
Agbonlahor
Ashley Young

Id like to see them given fuck all chances, especially Young and Bentley
MatthewR

22nd Nov 07 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robbo

22nd Nov 07 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bentley can GTF and enjoy his holidays Chris Sutton stylee
simon179

22nd Nov 07 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as said in the other thread

" in the freindlies btwn now and qualifying for world cup! experiment with the youngsters because in 3 years when teh world cup is alot of the players in the team now will be old or not up to it anymore! alsoit gives us a base to build for teh future! and at the end of teh day the games mean nothing so if it helps us have a better team in future by experimenting am all for it! we may loose or draw a few more games than normal but this last 12 months of english international football has been diobolical"

[Edited on 22-11-2007 by simon179]
strick206

22nd Nov 07 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

none of them

walcott in a year or two
Hammer

22nd Nov 07 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agbonlahor definitely deserves his chance but not right now imo, to be playing for your national side you need a couple of good seasons in the Premiership under your belt.

Although if Cosmo get's the job he'll never get his chance, glorified sprinter that hasn't been tested at the top level
gianluigi

22nd Nov 07 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

youngsters are getting itno the england squad far too easily.
dazavich

22nd Nov 07 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agbonlahor and Bentley i think, both have been brilliant this season
smack

22nd Nov 07 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Young is the only one who deserves full squad atm imo
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Nov 07 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve williams
Gian Franco Luigi
Cosmo

22nd Nov 07 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Agbonlahor definitely deserves his chance but not right now imo, to be playing for your national side you need a couple of good seasons in the Premiership under your belt.

Although if Cosmo get's the job he'll never get his chance, glorified sprinter that hasn't been tested at the top level

You have just said what I have been saying all along in your top sentence, and then had a go at me for saying it in your second
Hammer

22nd Nov 07 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not having a go just doing a spot of Thursday afternoon fishing

Only reason i didn't fully agree with you is you say a big team shouldn't buy him as he hasn't been tested at the top level but if a top team doesn't buy him and England don't pick him where's he meant to do be tested?
Cosmo

22nd Nov 07 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Not having a go just doing a spot of Thursday afternoon fishing

Only reason i didn't fully agree with you is you say a big team shouldn't buy him as he hasn't been tested at the top level but if a top team doesn't buy him and England don't pick him where's he meant to do be tested?

No, I said a big team shouldnt buy him for the £15m being mentioned (and no doubt it'll actually be more with the over-inflated prices clubs give young English players these days).
Danny P

22nd Nov 07 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

England dont have many tallented youngsters coming though, and thats down the one thing, coaching.

The way kids are coached in this country is different to the continent, there is to much emphasis put on strength and physique which, before the referees (fifa) really turned it into a non contact sport, would of been ok. Now with the game being a lot more technical the kids need to be taught differently, this comes down to the FA. There are not enough technically gifted players coming through, with the obvious exceptions. Until this is changed I dont think that Englamd can compete with the rest of the world. People can blame the foreigners in the English game, and to an extent I agree, but until the FA get better qualified coaches into "grass roots" football, we are fucked
Cosmo

22nd Nov 07 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the top players have something that cannot be taught, and that is a pure and natural footballing talent. If these players arent coming through, then no matter how you train the others, you arent going to have the England players of tomorrow there.

And TBH, the vast majority of clubs spend fortunes on their acadamies, so if your telling me they dont know how to produce and train talent after spending money on the best coaches in Europe then maybe you should consider putting yourself forward for head FA coach?
Danny P

22nd Nov 07 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Natural talent isn't the be all and end all though is it, it just means you can pick things up alot easier than others, a lot of "flair" players are graced with natural talent, but players who arn't blessed with that can still be coached into feeling more comfortable on the ball, how to retain possession when under pressure etc etc. You dont need natural tallent to be good at something, you can work hard to achieve the same standards.

Clubs my be spending all this money on acadamies, but they clearly arn't producing the goods are they, otherwise England would be full of good players pushing to get into the England team, instead when we get an injury we have to rely on players who are older coming back to cover, or throw in players that arn't good enough, as seen last night.
Cosmo

22nd Nov 07 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
Natural talent isn't the be all and end all though is it, it just means you can pick things up alot easier than others, a lot of "flair" players are graced with natural talent, but players who arn't blessed with that can still be coached into feeling more comfortable on the ball, how to retain possession when under pressure etc etc. You dont need natural tallent to be good at something, you can work hard to achieve the same standards.

This may be the case for average players, but ALL players who should be pushing for the England team will be natural players. They'll all have something you just cant teach. Thats why they get paid so much, as if anyone could be taught to do it eventually then we'd all be doing it.

quote:

Clubs my be spending all this money on acadamies, but they clearly arn't producing the goods are they, otherwise England would be full of good players pushing to get into the England team, instead when we get an injury we have to rely on players who are older coming back to cover, or throw in players that arn't good enough, as seen last night.

If the players with the talent arent there then they arent there! You cant just teach the average local ones to be amazing players, it just cant and wont happen.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » So what youngsters deserve a chance 23 database queries in 0.0193331 seconds