corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Old Firm

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Old Firm
Edd

User status: Offline
31st Dec 07 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cancelled

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Dec 07 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really?

thats shit
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Dec 07 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

disadvantage to us

whilst they are quite low on confidence
Edd

31st Dec 07 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
really?

thats shit

im going to stay quiet as a mark of respect for phil
strick206

31st Dec 07 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7165976.stm
Edd

31st Dec 07 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant understand the logic in letting the remaining games go ahead though?

surely the dundee utd team are traumatised too?
JM Curdy

31st Dec 07 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im gonna refrain from commenting as a mark of respect aswell, but believe me i have my feelings on this
Shelly
Premium Member

31st Dec 07 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh dear...
Cosmo

31st Dec 07 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH Im a heartless bastard at the best of times, but considering its only being postponed and not totally canelled forever I see no reason for people to be annoyed.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Dec 07 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

feel for the guys family but this sort of thing happens all the time and games dont get posponed.

i think it has lessened rangers' chance to get a victory
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

31st Dec 07 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i think it has lessened rangers' chance to get a victory

its a game, this guy is dead, the players won't be wanting to play after going to the guys funeral which will probably be sometime this week, have a bit of respect will you
Hammer

31st Dec 07 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've already heard the full views of the slopes of Ibrox and put it this way i was that disheartened by their lack of compassion i refused to even argue with them.

If you feel it's a giant rouse in Celtics favour say so and don't try and throw a cloak over views you know will make you look like a prat.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Dec 07 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough if the funeral is that day and you have players in the squad that have played with him then it should be posponed
AndyKent

31st Dec 07 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
TBH Im a heartless bastard at the best of times, but considering its only being postponed and not totally canelled forever I see no reason for people to be annoyed.

Exactly, it'll get played at some point, so whats the problem?

Decent mark of respect to a well liked player.
Shelly
Premium Member

1st Jan 08 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When do you think it will be on again?
Marc

1st Jan 08 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hardly anything to spit your dummy out over is it!
Hammer

1st Jan 08 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Celtic FC should be ashamed for using the tragic death of Phil O'Donnell to gain an advantage over Rangers in the SPL title race.

Strachans comments were an absolute joke. Only Scott McDonald has played alongside Phil O'Donnell, Yet he says the full Celtic team are heartbroken with the loss of Phil. Just because he was a Celtic player 8 years ago, It doesnt mean he is still a Celtic player now. Many players have died over the years, but never has a Club (In which the player in question hasnt played for them in 8 years) been granted a postponment along with his current Club.

All SPL fixtures should be cancelled if this is the case, Not just the Motherwell vs Hibernian game and Celtic Vs Rangers. The SPL yet again have acted inapproapriately and the only decision they should have been making is not whether to grant Celtic a postponment, But whether or not EVERY SPL game on Wednesday should go ahead or not.

Rangers had no choice but to agree with the postponment, we were put in a terrible situation and Celtic knew this and futhermore took advantage of it.

Lifted from a Rangers forum.

This will come across as points scoring but tbh i couldn't really give a shit as i don't have any particular appetite for football just now but that is a shocking discrace imo. I'm also not trying to bait any arguments on here so don't take it that way, it's just my personal opinion. I know Walter Smith was happy for the game to be called off and thats enough for me.
Danny P

1st Jan 08 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

All SPL fixtures should be cancelled

Thats the only bit I agree with
Shelly
Premium Member

1st Jan 08 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
quote:

All SPL fixtures should be cancelled

Thats the only bit I agree with

Agreed, cancel one, cancel them all... If it's a sign of respect surely the other SPL clubs should be doing the same?
Lawrah
Premium Member

2nd Jan 08 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Garry Predicts Riots. Rangers will be at a loss come the time they play this game, we have what 3 or 4 player injured, Back to full fitness when the time comes. Doesn effect me hugley, but I see no problem with it since its for respect of Phil.
Lawrah
Premium Member

2nd Jan 08 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
fair enough if the funeral is that day and you have players in the squad that have played with him then it should be posponed

Funeral is on friday in Hamilton..not today I dont think
Shelly
Premium Member

2nd Jan 08 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah

Funeral is on friday in Hamilton..not today I dont think

I heard that somewhere too.
Hammer

2nd Jan 08 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
Garry Predicts Riots. Rangers will be at a loss come the time they play this game, we have what 3 or 4 player injured, Back to full fitness when the time comes. Doesn effect me hugley, but I see no problem with it since its for respect of Phil.

They'll have accrued more points should they win their games in hand and be in a stronger position in the league, it's swings and roundabouts. To suggest anything underhanded has been at work is ludicrous.
Lawrah
Premium Member

2nd Jan 08 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not suggesting that at all. Im saying it put celtic in a better position, when the time comes, as to now.
Hammer

2nd Jan 08 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to disagree for the reasons above, we're top and by the time the games now played they will be barring any slip ups.

We have 1 player to come back from injury that would be playing i.e. Naka not 3 or 4.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Old Firm 23 database queries in 0.0160110 seconds