corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Think this is fair...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Think this is fair...
Rob B

User status: Offline
4th Jan 08 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To cut a long story short, i sold my corsa as a rolling shell ages ago with my private plate, always wanted it back but couldnt afford it at the time, it was never part of the deal.

IMO - dont you think it would be fair for the owner of the corsa to allow me the plate back if i cover all his costs rather than im trying to sell it back to me for more than i paid originally from the DVLA /

Not fair IMO
Alex16v

4th Jan 08 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you sold it without the plate and the guy knew this its very unfair yes. Some people are like that in this world though unfortunately.
c20let

4th Jan 08 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couldnt you have taken it off before selling?
BYRON

4th Jan 08 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you state in writing that the plate was not part of the deal?

Dont think you have a leg to stand on really.
SAL
Premium Member

4th Jan 08 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you got rob bed
Rob B

4th Jan 08 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldnt afford to at the time c20let, new owner new the plate wasnt part of the sale and that i wanted it back, granted i did take my time purely cause of money issues and not being able to afford it back, but it hasnt cost him anything being sat on the car

Im not on about legally or anything BYRON, just mean in general being human about it

[Edited on 04-01-2008 by Rob B]
SAL
Premium Member

4th Jan 08 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and in the mean time you have had how many cars ? and played about with all of them too...
BYRON

4th Jan 08 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B

Im not on about legally or anything BYRON, just mean in general being human about it

Ah, a moral dispute then.
Colin

4th Jan 08 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your the fool for signing a car over to someone with the plate attached, agreement or not its legally part of the car & his to do as he wishes!
Rob B

4th Jan 08 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin and everyone im aware of that !

Im just asking if you think me offering to cover all costs for him etc, and i offered him 100 for him self too is fair.
Rob B

4th Jan 08 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could just buy

R8B C U look silly if i got spanked though
Colin

4th Jan 08 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Im just asking if you think me offering to cover all costs for him etc, and i offered him 100 for him self too is fair.

Im maybe stating the obvious but ive seen things like this several times on forums, I even almost bought a car & the bloke said ah you can just take the car now & i'll sort that later. Yeah ok, how about you remove the plate 1st then give me a call to buy your car

Yes your proposal sounds fair, im assuming the plate means nothing to him! Yes he should give you it back as a matter of principle if thats what you's agreed at the time. Whats his reason for not wanting to?

[Edited on 04-01-2008 by Colin]
grogan

4th Jan 08 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends how long you were taking to pay the lad imo.

if you took the piss, its your own fault, cant blame the lad. If it was a fews days or what not, probs aint faiir!
Colin

4th Jan 08 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im thinking its been more a few years tbh
Ben G

4th Jan 08 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not fair to be honest and not very morally correct of him but thats the way this world is - if you can make a profit from something then you will always try to.

iirc the owner of the car is on here? dan almond?
Rob B

4th Jan 08 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:

Im maybe stating the obvious but ive seen things like this several times on forums, I even almost bought a car & the bloke said ah you can just take the car now & i'll sort that later. Yeah ok, how about you remove the plate 1st then give me a call to buy your car

Yes your proposal sounds fair, im assuming the plate means nothing to him! Yes he should give you it back as a matter of principle if thats what you's agreed at the time. Whats his reason for not wanting to?

[Edited on 04-01-2008 by Colin]

Because the new audi R8 is out so the plate has gone up in value

Oh has been a few years, what im getting at is, its done him no harm it being sat on the car, and now ive offred him money for himself aswell as covering costs

Carl

4th Jan 08 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

morally its not fair at all, if that was the agreement. So I'd think the other party was a nob, but then again if I was the other party I'd want it sorted ASAP so it was done and dusted.
legally you would have needed to sign something saying the agreement, but then still as the plate actually belongs to the car it would still be very grey area.
The main moral wrongness is the fact that the plate probably means nothing to the other person apart from potential ££££ selling it.
Rob B

4th Jan 08 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To: Rob B
Sent: 17-12-2007 at 06:37 PM
Message: you interested in your old plate, means nothing but money to me, bit personal to you though. name the price might be able to do a deal.
be sensible though because i know the plate is becoming considerably more valuable due to audi bringing an R8 out.
Colin

4th Jan 08 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doubt that will make it worth much more if any. How many Audi R8's in the UK.......how many R8 plates??
Ben G

4th Jan 08 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

r8 byb is hardlty valuable though unlessed spaced incorrectly.

anyone with an r8 will probably have a more prestigious plate tbh
RichR
Premium Member

4th Jan 08 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did Dan buy it off you or did he buy it off someone else who bought it off you?
Colin

4th Jan 08 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
To: Rob B
Sent: 17-12-2007 at 06:37 PM
Message: you interested in your old plate, means nothing but money to me, bit personal to you though. name the price might be able to do a deal.
be sensible though because i know the plate is becoming considerably more valuable due to audi bringing an R8 out.

Comedy!

Id just forget about it pal, find another plate & dont make the mistake of selling it next time!!
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Jan 08 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with colin.

give him the choice, £££'s or nothing. and go find something else.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

4th Jan 08 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought the car off rob initially and waited months for papers to come through from the DVLA but they never arrived because they were never recieved by the DVLA from Rob. I ended up paying to get the V% form and it took months to arrive. I agreed to hold the plate for rob as long as he paid the transfer fee and the cost of the new plates but transfer was never completed and the car was sold on. new owner registered the car in his name and its now back on the road as R8BYB

new owners name is Dan, and to date as far as I know no defeinite decision has been made about what to do with the plate, I am sure if you offer to cover the costs he will sort it out for you as he is a good lad although I know the plate was recently valued at around £1200 with the R8 connection.

should have sorted the issue a lot sooner, its nearly 18 months on now......

[Edited on 04-01-2008 by Dave A]
Colin

4th Jan 08 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im getting F1 CKU if it ever gets released, will be worth a fortune to a McLaren owner!!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Think this is fair... 22 database queries in 0.0130172 seconds